12 team h2h keeper advice

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Syndrax

12 team h2h keeper advice

Postby Syndrax » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm trying to finish up this last keeper team before the drafts hit, any help would be appreciated!
Keep 7
12 team h2h keeper league,
R,H,RBI,SB,HR,AVG,TB
IP,W,SV,K,ERA,WHIP,QS

AGonzo, Cruz so far I guess is where I start.
Roster,
Aviles, Buck, FruGu, Jeter, Adam Jones, Konerko, Ortiz, Carlos Santana, Span, Neil Walker
Axford, Baker, Braden, Buchholz, Garza, Gio Gonzalez, Hanrahan, HCKuo, Colby Lewis, Rivera, Scherzer, Slowey, Volquez, Wolf.

Actually won the championship last year with this team, should I keep upside players, or solid contributors?
RI Raunchy Chipmunks 10 team head to head Keep 5 Only 1 @ Position except for OF and SP.
6x6 Scoring, OPS and CG extra categories.
C - M Montero
1b - Pujols
2b - Phillips
SS - Andrus
3b - Wright
OF - Hamilton
OF - Krispie Young
OF - Victorino
Util - Lind, Tabata, Colvin
Bench - Raburn, Stewart, Brignac, Lorenzo Cain
Pitchers - Halladay, Liriano, Billingsley, Marcum, D Hudson, Volquez, Morrow
RP Bell, Storen,

Oregon Nut Cups

Re: 12 team h2h keeper advice

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:13 am

Gonzo, Cruz, C. Santana and...gets dicey from here

Neil Walker, Gio Gonzalez, Scherzer, and...I really hate keeping career years but Konerko maybe. Adam Jones is hard to keep but he's hard to quit as well :)

Not to be insulting, but you must've had quite a few hot streaks going at the end of the year when playoffs hit. I know Aviles was on one (had him myself for my win)
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Syndrax

Postby Syndrax » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 am

Gonzo, Cruz, C. Santana and...gets dicey from here

Neil Walker, Gio Gonzalez, Scherzer, and...I really hate keeping career years but Konerko maybe. Adam Jones is hard to keep but he's hard to quit as well :)

Not to be insulting, but you must've had quite a few hot streaks going at the end of the year when playoffs hit. I know Aviles was on one (had him myself for my win)
Oh yes, I did have quite a few hot streaks at the end. My playoff roster worked to perfection. Doesn't look pretty, but won almost every category in the last game.

It's quite the mediocre team, so like you were saying, it's hard to decide which ones to keep. That's why I wasn't sure if I should keep upside players and just focus on a solid draft.

Could I keep Garza or Buchholz over Gonzalez or Scherzer? Garza is in the NL now, so his ERA could potentially go down and K's go up?
Just trying to get a final roster in mind so I can start game planning my draft.

Thanks for the input!

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:17 am

Garza's move I see as flat. A flyball pitcher going to a flyball park in the NL: non-DH/AL East lineups help but that park gives up gopherballs. Grey has an article talking about it, but I'd have to go search.

Buchholz' value relies on getting alot of wins with a low K/9 rate. Wins are fickle, K's are not, that's why I suggested the two I did.
ONC

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Syndrax

Postby Syndrax » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 am

Garza's move I see as flat. A flyball pitcher going to a flyball park in the NL: non-DH/AL East lineups help but that park gives up gopherballs. Grey has an article talking about it, but I'd have to go search.

Buchholz' value relies on getting alot of wins with a low K/9 rate. Wins are fickle, K's are not, that's why I suggested the two I did.
Ah, good point. Thanks for the heads up on that man.

So my potential keepers right now are, Gonzo, Cruz, Adam Jones, Neil Walker, Scherzer, Gio Gonzo, and then either Konerko, Volquez, and Santana?
RI Raunchy Chipmunks 10 team head to head Keep 5 Only 1 @ Position except for OF and SP.
C - M Montero
1b - Pujols
2b - Phillips
SS - Andrus
3b - Wright
OF - Hamilton
OF - Krispie Young
OF - Victorino
RP Bell, Storen,

Oregon Nut Cups

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 am

Depending on your leaguemates, Volquez is probably underrated going into the draft and could still be had then. I usually try to target guys that will go for a higher price than I'm willing to pay in the draft. I'd lean Carlos Santana with that set. Konerko was a great value last year but I have a funny feeling you'll be disappointed with him as a keeper.
ONC

Syndrax

Postby Syndrax » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:03 am

Ah, good point sir. I did not think about that.
Appreciate all the help man, I shall put your advice to good use!
C - M Montero
1b - Pujols
2b - Phillips
SS - Andrus
3b - Wright
OF - Hamilton
OF - Krispie Young
OF - Victorino
RP Bell, Storen,