Which 5 SP to keep?

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Chilly

Which 5 SP to keep?

Postby Chilly » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:07 am

In a 12 team 5x5 roto keeper league. Leagues a bit different in that salaries come from draft position (1st round $17, last round $1) and then players get $5 raises each year. We have to keep 15 players with salaries totaling no more than $320 and salaries only come into play at keeper selection time.

I'm set with 15 players I'm keeping and have to decide on my 5 SP's. I have $102 to allocate to those 5.

Lester $30, Greinke $27, Archer $26, $Carrasco $25, Quintana $21, Hill $15, Rodon $15, Ray $15, Stephenson $7

After playing around with things I basically have the following options

Option 1 - Archer, Carrasco, Quintana, Hill, Rodon

Option 2 - Lester, Archer, Hill, Rodon, Ray

Option 3 - Lester, Carrasco, Hill, Rodon, Ray

Option 4 - Lester, Archer, Quintana, Hill, Stephenson

Option 5 - Lester, Carrasco, Quintana, Hill, Stephenson

I like the idea of Lester as my anchor. Carrasco seems to have trouble pitching a full season and I like to reduce risk. Elite when healthy, but I can say the same of Hill. I really like Archer this year; young, healthy and Elite. Quintana does not have the elite K rates of the others, but is mr. consistent. Rodon and Ray both have great K rates, but also issues typically seen with young pitchers - control. Is this the year they finally put things together?

I'm leaning towards Option 2 or Option 1, what are your thoughts?
12 team 5x5 Roto Keeper League - Potential Keepers (Must keep 15 with salary cap of $320)
C-
1B - Rizzo $28
2B - Murphy (1B,2B) $17
3B - Machado $28
SS - Lindor $18
IF - Arenado $24
OF (4) Harper $40, Springer $30, Marte $30
UTL -
Bench -
ML - Brinson (OF) $6, Zimmer (OF) $9

SP (5) - Lester $30, Greinke, $27, Archer $26, Carrasco $25, Quintana $21, Hill $15, Rodon $15, Ray $15
RP (3) - Giles $18
P -
Bench -
ML - Stephenson $7

thump

Re: Which 5 SP to keep?

Postby thump » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:28 pm

I like Option 2, but I trend towards high risk..

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:02 pm

Thanks for thoughts. Really liking the elite K options all around in group 2. Think Hill's ratio's can help balance Ray and Rodon's numbers.
12 team 5x5 Roto Keeper League - Potential Keepers (Must keep 15 with salary cap of $320)
C-
1B - Rizzo $28
2B - Murphy (1B,2B) $17
3B - Machado $28
SS - Lindor $18
IF - Arenado $24
UTL -
Bench -

SP (5) - Lester $30, Greinke, $27, Archer $26, Carrasco $25, Quintana $21, Hill $15, Rodon $15, Ray $15
RP (3) - Giles $18
P -
Bench -
ML - Stephenson $7

Grey

Postby Grey » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:25 pm

Chilly wrote:In a 12 team 5x5 roto keeper league. Leagues a bit different in that salaries come from draft position (1st round $17, last round $1) and then players get $5 raises each year. We have to keep 15 players with salaries totaling no more than $320 and salaries only come into play at keeper selection time.

I'm set with 15 players I'm keeping and have to decide on my 5 SP's. I have $102 to allocate to those 5.

Lester $30, Greinke $27, Archer $26, $Carrasco $25, Quintana $21, Hill $15, Rodon $15, Ray $15, Stephenson $7

After playing around with things I basically have the following options

Option 1 - Archer, Carrasco, Quintana, Hill, Rodon

Option 3 - Lester, Carrasco, Hill, Rodon, Ray

Option 4 - Lester, Archer, Quintana, Hill, Stephenson

Option 5 - Lester, Carrasco, Quintana, Hill, Stephenson

I like the idea of Lester as my anchor. Carrasco seems to have trouble pitching a full season and I like to reduce risk. Elite when healthy, but I can say the same of Hill. I really like Archer this year; young, healthy and Elite. Quintana does not have the elite K rates of the others, but is mr. consistent. Rodon and Ray both have great K rates, but also issues typically seen with young pitchers - control. Is this the year they finally put things together?

I'm leaning towards Option 2 or Option 1, what are your thoughts?

Option 1
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:24 am

I'm playing around with some trade options. Which of the following groups do you like best now?

Option 1 - Archer, Carrasco, Quintana, Hill, Rodon or Ray (which one?)

Option 3 - Lester, Kluber, Archer, Happ, and Hill or Rodon or Ray (which one?)
C-
1B - Rizzo $28
2B - Murphy (1B,2B) $17
3B - Machado $28
SS - Lindor $18
IF - Arenado $24
UTL -
Bench -

RP (3) - Giles $18
P -
Bench -
ML - Stephenson $7

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:22 am

1. Ray
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.
There's more than one player with the same last name? Then spell out who you're talking about.
Thanks!

Chilly

Postby Chilly » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:49 am

I keep going back and forth on Ray and Hill as keeper options. Ray has elite K stuff and looks like he could break out, but imagine enough growing pains for a slightly elevated ERA/WHIP. Hill appears to be elite when healthy, but I'm not assuming more than 125 IP. Could you see these 2 as being a good pairing?
C-
1B - Rizzo $28
2B - Murphy (1B,2B) $17
3B - Machado $28
SS - Lindor $18
IF - Arenado $24
UTL -
Bench -

RP (3) - Giles $18
P -
Bench -
ML - Stephenson $7

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:54 am

Hill's better than Ray
Grey Albright

Thanks!

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”