We know how easy it is to just click on a player’s name from within your fantasy baseball league site when you want to find out more information/stats on the player.
But we feel confident that no site’s player pages can help you as much as Razzball’s redesigned player pages to make quick and informed day-to-day fantasy baseball decisions.
The major changes from last year are:
- Cleaner design – very easy to read on all devices (computers, smartphones, tablets).
- Added a small summary box at the top of the page with Last 7 Day Stats, Last 30 Day Stats, Season-to-Date Stats, and Rest-of-Season Projections with $ figures for each of these time periods (based on 12-team mixed-league).
- Moved up the Stream-o-Nator and Hitter-tron projections (starting pitcher and hitter projections for the next 7 days’ worth of games)
- Aiming to have a ‘Next Calendar Week’ projection for hitters/pitchers to help for Weekly League lineups
- Adding Daily Fantasy Sports predicted values for DraftKings and two other DFS services. Hoping to have this ready by opening day. More on this to come!
- Added links at the top of the page so you can jump right to:
- Season Stats (2010-2014 MLB stats with 12-team MLB $ values for each year + link to a pop-up window with Baseball-Reference full major/minor league stats)
- Monthly Stats – This will show the player’s stats + 12-team MLB $ value for all completed and in-progress months. (For the 2014 pre-season, we still have 2013 data)
- Game Logs – Last 30 days for hitters and relievers. Full season for starting pitchers including 12-team MLB $ values for each start.
- Player Rater – This jumps right to Rest of Season Player Rater and it is followed by Season To Date and Pre-Season. Includes values for 5×5 format for MLB 10, 12, 14, 15, 16 + AL/NL 10/12 team leagues as well as 12-team mixed values for various formats like 5×5 OBP (instead of AVG) and 6×6 w/ Holds. The values in each category are $.
We have also updated the RHP and LHP dollar values at the top of the hitter player pages. This estimates a player’s value if they were to get 650 PA (580 PA for catchers) against only RHP or LHP using Steamer projections. These are the same $ figures that are in the Platoony Tunes page where you can see how some star players go from incredibly valuable to replacement level depending on the handedness of the pitcher (e.g., Shin-Soo Choo $28 vs. RHP, $0 vs LHP, Matt Adams $20 vs LHP, -$2 vs LHP). This can help identify which players you want to consider platooning based on the pitcher matchup (this data is factored into the Hittertron projections).
You can access our fantasy baseball player pages several ways including:
- Searching for the player in our search box (top right of page)
- Clicking a player’s name in a Razzball article or data grid
- Clicking a player’s name in the free daily lineups provided by Baseball Press
- Clicking a player’s name in the free daily batter vs pitcher matchups @ DailyBaseballData.com
- Typing the player’s name into Google along with ‘razzball’.
Please note that our player pages are limited to players on MLB 40-man rosters. This is just a limitation based on our data sources. We all love prospects here (especially our prospect guru Scott Evans) and maybe someday we cover every single minor leaguer. So if you were wondering why we have a player page for Taijuan Walker and not Javier Baez (yet), that’s the reason.
Thanks and let us know if there is anything you would like us to add/change!