Money means time. Time is money. I don’t got much of either today, so I’m skipping the silly intro part that I’m convinced no one reads anyway. Don’t worry, my feelings aren’t hurt; I’m what you call a constitutionally strong person. That’s the opposite of a constitutional weakling, you know, the guy who has his night ruined after you tell him his shirt collar has been flipped up the whole time, and the next thing you know, your friendship is on the rocks and you’re sitting on a couch across from Steve Harvey talking about it. That won’t happen with me.
So, as Captain Tenneal would say, LET’S GO!
Thursday Game Stats
22-of-30 teams playing.
First Game: Dodgers @ Reds – 12:35 PM.
About 73 percent of teams are suiting up tomorrow, meaning players on the remaining 27 percent, can enjoy their off day however they choose. My personal belief is if you do what you love, there’s no such thing as an off day. That conversation is for another time though, corporate scrum.
#127 Cameron Maybin (R) – SDP – OF – @Phi (Kendrick-R) – 1:05 PM – 10% owned
Maybin is back starting games for the Padres after missing time with a ruptured biceps (ouch) and calf strain (less ouch). His solid .290/.330/.427 line should be a welcome addition to the barren wasteland I’ll generously call the Padres lineup. Maybin’s 2013 season was lost to injuries, but before that he went .243/8/26 in 2012 and .264/9/40 in 2011. That’s like the first salt & vinegar chip good.
#36 Steven Pearce (R) – Bal – OF – vs Tor (Buehrle-L) – 7:05 PM – 0% owned
The Orioles made a serious oopsie when they designated Pearce for assignment days before Chris Davis suffered an oblique strain. Tail between legs, they had to rush back to re-sign Pearce. Since then he’s played his way into semi-regular PT with a .306 average and four homers. The O’s face the very successful Mark Buehrle on Thursday, but a lefty is a lefty. I expect Pearce to be in the lineup and doin’ one thang, and one thang only… killin’ fastballs.
#136 Didi Gregorius (L) – Ari – SS – @Hou (Feldman-R) – 8:10 PM – 7% owned
The man Grey calls The Notorious D-I-D has entered into something of a timeshare with Chris Owings. It’s in the Bahamas they got a free boat with the deal. Didi’s reached base nine times (two homers) in his four games since being recalled, so against a right-hander with the DH spot involved, I guarantee he’s in the lineup. Thinking long-term, Owings has been pretty darn good himself so I don’t know how the Snakes sort this logjam out. We know from last year Didi can get hot, so I wouldn’t be afraid to give him a chance.
#37 Chris Johnson (R) – Atl – 3B – @Col (Chacin-R) – 3:10 PM – 32% owned
Johson’s been stinking it up for the Braves and fantasy owners alike, batting .260 with a pair of homers and just 16 RBI. So much for being a sneaky source of ribbies batting cleanup. Ha! If you’ve still got Johnson on your squad, I imagine you’re also the type of person who eats plain almonds. Boring! The Braves are in the midst of a four game road-trip in Colorado, where maybe the thin air will help awaken Johnson’s bat. He went 3-for-4 his first game there, so stay alert.
#62 David Peralta (L) – Ari – OF – @Hou (Feldman-R) – 8:10 PM – 0% owned
Who’s David Peralta you ask? He’s the guy who had four multi-hit games in a row before going 0-for-4 with 3 K’s when I added him in a league Monday night. Why, Neil deGrasse Tyson, why? Despite my bitter feelings, I’ll give Peralta the rec against Jewish punching bag Scott Feldman. Start and dump.
Here are a few more options for your streaming pleasure:
#217 Yangervis Solarte – NYY – 2B/3B/OF
#211 Luis Valbuena – CHC – 2B/3B
#67 Tommy La Stella – Atl – 2B
#106 Anthony Gose – Tor – OF
#55 Yonder Alonso – SDP – 1B
Last Time & Season Results
Last Article: 16 AB, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, .250 AVG
More production! Mr. Choice and Mr. Santana were nice enough to hit a home run each. Kiermaier went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk. The rest of the Rays offense was inept against a wild Erasmo and the M’s bullpen so no runs or RBI for him. Harrison put up a dud 0-for-4 night and Giminez was unfortunately a DNP. Still, I’ll take the two homers and be happy.
For the season we’re at (per game): .28 R, .12 HR, .4 RBI, .08 SB, .286 AVG