It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Sometimes posts are difficult to read due to dark background
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:49 pm 

I am not really sure what triggers it, but sometimes posts have a colored (very dark) background with somewhat lighter text that is very difficult to read. I always have to select the text to read it. I use Firefox with default settings. Any other feedback like this?

Post subject: Re: Sometimes posts are difficult to read due to dark background
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 pm 

I have had this happen as well

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:56 pm 

Really not sure... I just refresh the page and it flips back...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Firefox? What is this, 2008? Use Chrome, suckas!

A more serious answer is that it is probably a javascript issue caused by the advertisers that Firefox can't process.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:44 pm 

Right before posting this, BigSalad and Chris's posts were this barely-readable dark purple color. It's an alternating color scheme, but I don't know what triggers it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:46 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Since Cashner ruined my planned television watching tonight I figured I might as well do something constructive...

I notice two things that occasionally happen in the forum software but not on the main site, the first is that the Author column occasionally changes from a greyish color to a dark blue and at other times (usually less common) the whole layout goes haywire and changes fonts, spacing, etc.. Both of these items appear to be caused by the css file/s. In the first instance where the background changes to dark blue the css file located below will actually have two different values which lead me to believe that the Razzball servers may be clustered and the css file on those servers is different or there is some other caching/filtering occurring that is causing the issue:

styles/skymiles_red/theme/stylesheet.css - Line 415

Good file value:

.row2 {
padding: 4px;
}

Bad value:

.row2 {
background-color: #1B2455;
padding: 4px;
}

In the bad value "#1B2455" just happens to be a very dark blue. Somehow, something is causing the site to redirect to this bad file since it clearly only happens a small percentage of the time. My example is specifically regarding the index pages of the forum and not the individual posts but it'd bet we're dealing with the same issue. Grey - If you have your web hosting guy look into this he'll probably know what exactly is going on behind the scenes.

The second issue where the whole layout appears to go haywire appears to be a case where the css file isn't loaded or isn't found.

mdgross50 - ChrisV is just hating! I use Firefox also. Current web usage gives IE about 29%, Chrome 28% and Firefox 23% of the market. That 23% is still a pretty strong number considering Microsoft and Google have thrown stacks of green to get where they are on that list!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I'm pretty confident that the index page and the post's dark blue color are caused by the same .row2 line in the css. I just tested it and here is what it looks like when it occurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v43urwq0ik4udxz/razzball.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:16 pm 

Wow, you're awesome...Okay, gonna see if my web guy can fix this after the 4th... Thanks!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.