It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL - Post Draft
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:08 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I think Webb was the only pick I actually felt good about! Man, it just felt like I was a dog begging for scraps at the dinner table. I do like this format better than some 10 team league where you can just go pick up whoever is streaking. Those streaky players are already on teams. I can't believe I have Cust and Lugo! But then you look at other teams and realize we're all in the same boat. Should be fun. Good luck to all . . . at placing 2nd.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:20 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Doc, I like your team. You and I picked right next to each other and you kept taking the guy I wanted one pick before me. It happened 3 or 4 times.
I agree Grey, I really liked the 1st half of my draft and then things started to get tough. I do think Morrow will be a good value pick in the 19th round because of what's going on with Putz and I also think Casilla and Eveland were good late round values.
I will be looking to upgrade from LaRoche at 1b but I think with his history of big 2nd halves he might not be a bad 1b in this format.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 am 

So after the draft I went to the fridge, cracked a cold one, took a sip and ran to the john. As I was taking care of paperwork I thought I was wiping away a dingleberry but discovered it was a huckleberry twirling down the drain. See you at the bottom.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

bsa wrote:
I still chuckle how and where everyone is going to go for advice on moves. Since leaguemates all go to the same place for advice.
RCL-a: Hey Grey, Some dolt wants me to trade Lincecum for Barfield, should I do it?
Grey: No!
RCL-a: Yeah thanks I thought it was a bad idea, what kind of idiot does that guy think I am?
Idiot: What a minute I'm that IDIOT you Er#@R%$#%$#ERF!

One of the rules is no going to Grey for advice on league-specific issues. If you have a general injury question about a player on another league that you also have, thats fine. This should be us doing a league, not Grey managing 16 teams.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:18 am 

Yes, I am clear on that. I just laughed at the thought when/if it happens.
Best laid plans....
rules are meant to be bent......

There will be times that we question ourselves, turn on the computer, pull up our browser, type raz - ah shit! I can't ask there!
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:20 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I don't have a problem with that Porkburn.
I would mind seeing completed trades posted in the blog comments or forums so we can all comment on it including Grey and Rudy if they desire to

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:22 am 

SaltyBiscuits wrote:
Quote:
Salty F. Biscuits - SaltyBiscuits -- Pujols, Hamilton, Wainwright, Bradley, Bay all went too high. And I think you might have only one usuable guy after the 17th round (Olsen). I'm worried.

Autodrafting will do that to you.

Yeah, see if I had to guess who autodrafted I would've said you.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:48 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

KarlJ wrote:
I don't have a problem with that Porkburn.
I would mind seeing completed trades posted in the blog comments or forums so we can all comment on it including Grey and Rudy if they desire to

I know you mean "wouldn't mind". The point of the league is for everybody to point and laugh. Don't worry, completed trades, pick-ups/drops, etc are all going to be posted for the world to judge.

Thats the price you pay for playing in the league, the jealous people on the outside get to say "I could have done better".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 am 

Hey Grey and Rudy, what are the average league sizes you have teams on? I am noticing people in the RCL are commenting about how a 16 team league felt in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:05 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Some general thoughts on each team.

The Schmohawks - Bob -- You need power, hate that you took Soriano there.

Yes, taking a player who just hit the DL with my second round pick sucked. As I briefly mentioned during the draft, yesterday, I had to make an unexpected trip to the Stanford Emergency Room to take my mother-in-law for a broken arm. When I returned from the hospital, I was 40 miles away from my house. I logged into the computer there, and saw I had four minutes to go before the deadline for editing. I used that all to brief time not to create a personal rankings list, but to remove players I did NOT want to draft. Or at least that's what I thought I did. Anyway, Soriano was on my "remove" list. I got into my car, drove like hell, and made it home after the first three rounds, to discover my first three picks of David Wright, Soriano, and Brian Roberts. It was my turn up and I had just about 30 seconds to make my fourth pick which was Hunter Pence.

Meantime, my computer didn't like the new Yahoo interface (and neither did I). We had a friend coming over for dinner that night, but I had a little time so I was able to make a few picks on my own and set up a cue. Then it was off to market, walk the dog, clean up the house, pick up my wife at the train station, set up the BBQ and take a shower. Blah, blah, blah.

I was able to get to the computer a couple of times to see what happened but between the 16 players, and the big rosters, I ended up with a less than ideal roster.

Obviously, the big holes I have are starting pitching and power. I decided to load up on some closers because Brandon Morrow types will only be available to people who are sitting on the trigger all day. This is not the type of roster I particularly like, and I'm certainly not a favorite, but I intend to remain active, try to get used to the new categories, and work a few trades.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being in an active league and again, good luck to everybody.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next