It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL Big Blue Marble (division)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:59 pm 

Grey: You are so correct. I have a tendency to jump a little too soon on the risky upside guys. It's worked out for me more often than not - but I may have overshot on this league. I just went balls in, as the kids say.

I kept pushing Liriano up my rankings in the past few days - just the proverbial gut feeling. Meanwhile, it turns out with news today I may have purchased a damaged C-Bill of goods with my #2 starter. *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:12 pm 

I am not all that sure I like my pitching now! With the #1 pick I didn't do a very good job at managing the nature of the wrap around picks when it came to the pitchers I was targeting. They would get scooped in the great void between my picks so I kept going with the hitters I wanted. Will have to work waiver wire and trade magic and hope for big bounce backs from Bedard, Verlander, Wang and lots of opportunistic saves. I need steals too but they don't call me Noontime Von Vulturesteals for nothing... no really... no one ever has called me that.... ever.

2011 RCL Epic Beardmen Division (League #37) - Bushwood Varmint Cong
C-
CI- Cabrera(1), Howard(2), Alvarez(9)
MI- Beckham(10), Desmond(12), Gonzales(24)
OF- JUpton(3), Pence(4), Ellsbury(5), DYoung(7), Span(17)
U- Lind(W), Morse(W)
SP- Liriano(6), Billingsley(8), Anderson(11), Hellickson(13), Bumgarner(15), Zimmerman(16)
RP- Thornton(14), Nunez(18), McGee(19), Capps(20), Rauch(21), Bard(22)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:44 pm 

1 Hanley Ramirez - Had him last year... whats not to like about a (healthy) HanRam
24 Matt Kemp - Has Soriano, Beltran and Fielder lined up with 4 picks before me and they all went
25 Manny Ramirez - I hate the Dodgers
48 Jason Bay - Had eyes on CQ but Fernando Mania scooped again right before me (Fielder in the 2nd)
49 Adrian Gonzalez - My 1B..good value here
72 Jay Bruce - Starting to think about Shields or F-Her but they went
73 Raul Ibanez - Early here, especially if I knew I was going to get Cruz at 192! Maybe Beckett instead would have been ok
96 Ryan Zimmerman - seems alright here paired with Cano next to fill 3B and 2B
97 Robinson Cano - could have had Kazmir here but why start worrying about pitching when I've gone this long
120 Michael Young - A decent MI at 120
121 Edinson Volquez - Pitching counts!?
144 Erik Bedard - between my last pick (Volquez) and here- Slowey, Wainwright, Vazquez, Cain, Johnson, Big Z, D.Lowe, Nolasco, Santana, Lilly and Price all go...time for pitcher panic!
145 Justin Verlander - Solidifies the theme of Bushwood Varmint Cong D.B.A. Team Bounceback
168 Brett Myers - more pitching
169 Clayton Kershaw - again... I hate the Dodgers
192 Nelson Cruz - My favorite pick of the draft
193 Chien-Ming Wang - Team Bounce back continues
216 George Sherrill - I guess I need some of these guys too
217 Troy Percival - Should have gone with the Chris Raycuff
240 Mark Lowe - determined to get some cuffs on with this pick and he next
241 Chad Cordero - ready when you are Mark Lowe
264 Manny Corpas - Huston we have a problem
265 Jose Arredondo - Fuentes loses the closer roll every other year right? ...this is the year
288 Hank Blalock - DHing with CI eligibility...decent spring... did someone say Bounceback?
289 Jeff Clement - I decided long ago... never to draft a catcher beforethe last pick... if I fail... if I succeed.. at least I ..*** RECORD SCRATCHING***... at least I wasn't the guy who ended up with 3 catchers on his team! I'll pick up some of the catcher castoffs to wait out Clement...for the last pick it could be worse.

fun little draft... had some really good picks relative to the ADPs for the 6 RCL leagues that have drafted thus far.

--NoonTime

C-
U- Lind(W), Morse(W)
SP- Liriano(6), Billingsley(8), Anderson(11), Hellickson(13), Bumgarner(15), Zimmerman(16)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:36 pm 

Fernando Mania Draft
Very mediocre pitching, very strong offense, way more SBs than I could ever need. Need to trade speed for starting pitching.

2 Jose Reyes, NYM SS [easy enough decision at the time, but SBs were easy to come by in this group so I wish I grabbed Pujols]
23 Prince Fielder, Mil 1B [surprised he fell this far; no way to pass on him here]
26 Evan Longoria, TB 3B [will be even better than last year]
47 Carlos Quentin, CWS OF [very excited by this pick at end of 4th round]
50 Shane Victorino, Phi OF [ha ha ha, at this point, I started to really love my offense]
71 Corey Hart, Mil OF [should have gone for dunn here; would have grabbed ARod if I didn't have Fielder/Longoria at corners]
74 Josh Beckett, Bos SP [the first of my many many AL pitchers (and many AL East pitchers); what was I thinking; i should have grabbed uggla, but i thought he would make it to the next round]
95 Aubrey Huff, Bal 3B [i wanted uggla... at this point, i gave up on 2B and grabbed value]
98 Vernon Wells, Tor OF [prob should have grabbed Eithier here, but i thought he would make it back... instead, he was the 99th pick]
119 Rich Harden, ChC SP [2.05 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 45 IPs and 3 Wins...]
122 Kevin Slowey, Min SP [2009 Cy Young award winner]
143 David Price, TB SP [2013 Cy Young award winner and bench dude until June... I should have waited a couple rounds. I could have had Verlander, Bedard, Loney or Delgado here]
146 Matt Garza, TB SP [Fingers crossed that he gets the wins]
167 Mike Jacobs, KC 1B [was either this or Milton Bradley; I should have gone for Avg]
170 Brian Wilson, SF RP [closer run]
191 Joel Hanrahan, Was RP [closers still running]
194 Chad Qualls, Ari RP [AL starters and Nl closers -- I guess that could be a strategy]
215 David DeJesus, KC OF [solid help in 5 cats]
218 Mark Ellis, Oak 2B [hey, I have a 2B]
239 Kazuo Matsui, Hou 2B [double your pleasure]
242 Chris Snyder, Ari C [3 guys drafted two catchers for some reason, so I got this]
263 Jeremy Guthrie, Bal SP [Hey, do you know if the AL East has any good offenses? He could have a 3.15 ERA and not get 8 wins]
266 Billy Butler, KC 1B [arredonondo was on the board... and i'm an idiot]
287 Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP [I actually really love this pick -- he will win 18 this year]
290 Ben Francisco, Cle OF [Grey, are you standing by your 15/15 prediction?]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm 

GTG wrote:
Fernando Mania Draft
Very mediocre pitching, very strong offense, way more SBs than I could ever need. Need to trade speed for starting pitching.

2 Jose Reyes, NYM SS [easy enough decision at the time, but SBs were easy to come by in this group so I wish I grabbed Pujols]
23 Prince Fielder, Mil 1B [surprised he fell this far; no way to pass on him here]
26 Evan Longoria, TB 3B [will be even better than last year]
47 Carlos Quentin, CWS OF [very excited by this pick at end of 4th round]
50 Shane Victorino, Phi OF [ha ha ha, at this point, I started to really love my offense]
71 Corey Hart, Mil OF [should have gone for dunn here; would have grabbed ARod if I didn't have Fielder/Longoria at corners]
74 Josh Beckett, Bos SP [the first of my many many AL pitchers (and many AL East pitchers); what was I thinking; i should have grabbed uggla, but i thought he would make it to the next round]
95 Aubrey Huff, Bal 3B [i wanted uggla... at this point, i gave up on 2B and grabbed value]
98 Vernon Wells, Tor OF [prob should have grabbed Eithier here, but i thought he would make it back... instead, he was the 99th pick]
119 Rich Harden, ChC SP [2.05 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 45 IPs and 3 Wins...]
122 Kevin Slowey, Min SP [2009 Cy Young award winner]
143 David Price, TB SP [2013 Cy Young award winner and bench dude until June... I should have waited a couple rounds. I could have had Verlander, Bedard, Loney or Delgado here]
146 Matt Garza, TB SP [Fingers crossed that he gets the wins]
167 Mike Jacobs, KC 1B [was either this or Milton Bradley; I should have gone for Avg]
170 Brian Wilson, SF RP [closer run]
191 Joel Hanrahan, Was RP [closers still running]
194 Chad Qualls, Ari RP [AL starters and Nl closers -- I guess that could be a strategy]
215 David DeJesus, KC OF [solid help in 5 cats]
218 Mark Ellis, Oak 2B [hey, I have a 2B]
239 Kazuo Matsui, Hou 2B [double your pleasure]
242 Chris Snyder, Ari C [3 guys drafted two catchers for some reason, so I got this]
263 Jeremy Guthrie, Bal SP [Hey, do you know if the AL East has any good offenses? He could have a 3.15 ERA and not get 8 wins]
266 Billy Butler, KC 1B [arredonondo was on the board... and i'm an idiot]
287 Jair Jurrjens, Atl SP [I actually really love this pick -- he will win 18 this year]
290 Ben Francisco, Cle OF [Grey, are you standing by your 15/15 prediction?]

Nice breakdown, even if I don't agree with your reasoning. First, I love Francisco and Jurrjens, nice endgame picks. Butler's not bad. Then you took two catchers b/c others did? Huh? Ellis? Blech. Slowey winning the Cy Young? Are you a Twins fan? Huff? Blech. DeJesus isn't solid help. DeJesus is the guy you look at in May and ask why you still have him. I agree, you have too many steals. Not really that many you can actually trade though, except Victorino.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:46 am 

w00t... tough to keep this signature up to date with my league leading 39 moves!!!! Is it 10 or 20 games for eligibility? Looking to shift Young to CI. Pitching got a little better with the addition of TIMMAY!!!! The afterburners of Wieters, Price, and Santana should be kicking in soon :)

C-
U- Lind(W), Morse(W)