It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: RCL - Post Draft
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:19 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hippo Highlights

Lucky enough to get #2 pick..........

Utley

Hippo Hopefuls

Larry Wayne Jones........

May the Fountain of Youth shine upon you for the rest of your year.

Hippo Sleeper?

Jerry Hairston Jr.

Will the real Jerry Hairston, please come home, please come home?

Hippo Favorite?

Scotty KKKKKKKKKK

Best pitcher in baseball............

And Finally

Hippo Team

Bunch of Schmohawks

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I'm looking to move Lincecum for something comparable. Also if you need steals, I drafted Michael Bourn for some reason.

Offers are welcome for Timmy. You can sort of laugh at my starting lineup and figure out what I need.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

But since there is no scoring til Monday might as well click on Monday and move dudes around.

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm 

My team is clearly the best. I have no holes or weaknesses. Well, except Asdrubal Cabrera at MI, who may or may not be in the major leagues right now. I've never had to care about him before this very moment.

I will say that autodrafting (which I did, though I weaned out players I loathe -- A-Rod, Magglio, etc. -- before the draft) was kind of fun. I ended up with the kind of team I never end up with when I draft, i.e. heavy on sluggers (especially heavy sluggers), light on pitching. I will have to trade one of my many OF for an infielder of quality. And my pitching's kind of ass, but that's okay.

This league is hella deep. I kind of wish we had two C positions, so we'd have every starting catcher in the majors on a roster.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:50 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

If we had two catcher positions I would have made 6 out my first ten picks catchers - And then traded Laird for Hamilton. Lets see your team pitch with no catcher. Thats right, you want to trade me Hamilton now, don't you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 pm 

i hate my life/team/computer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:20 pm 

I'm filled with pride. You make me proud.

First off, I leave 50% of all drafts feeling like I am so gonna kick some serious ass it's insane and 50% of my drafts I leave feeling like I want to commit hari-kari. At the end of the year, rarely do I kick ass in the leagues I think I'm going to without some serious adjustments, and rarely do the teams I feel I have drafted to fail just fall over and collapse. It's a weird mistress this game we love and I'm not going to try and figure it out right now.

Some general thoughts on each team.

I'm Your Huckleberry - Chet/Doc -- Webb at 21? Wow, nice. Also, didn't see many weaknesses. Early frontrunner.
Cruisin' KCs - CruisinKc -- Not sure you have that may usable players after the 16th round, but solid until then.
Dogs of Summer - BSA -- Solid pitching and speed, but you need power.
Rustic Trumpets - Hank/downpat75 - Some solid question marks, but you should be in contention.
The Schmohawks - Bob -- You need power, hate that you took Soriano there.
Cocky's Ballas - CockyPhoenix -- Very solid team, early frontrunner.
A's ace Dick Harden - EndlessSummer -- You really like saves, huh? I think if you were going to zig on starters while everyone else zagged, you could've got a stronger offense.
Indifferent Fielders - BaronVonVulturewins -- Your pitching looks like 62 Mets. You need trades.
Sandlot's Finest - Chase -- Solid top five (minus Ortiz) then it gets real touch and go with injury issues. Lots of guys I think you could've grabbed more appealing than Ortiz.
No Glove No Love. - Off-White -- You need pitching.
RodBeck's DoubleWide - IowaCubs -- The great thing is you have lots tradeable pieces. I wouldn't wait too long to trade some of them. Also, you have to worry some people aren't going to trade you major offense for your pitching because you have so much. They may as well just play for 2nd in pitching categories.
Daniel Plainview - BigFatHippo - Very solid team that looks like a frontrunner.
Salty F. Biscuits - SaltyBiscuits -- Pujols, Hamilton, Wainwright, Bradley, Bay all went too high. And I think you might have only one usuable guy after the 17th round (Olsen). I'm worried.
She Said...Fukudome - BJ -- I want to dislike this team, but I htink it's an early frontrunner. A lot rides on Sheets, but a lot always rides on Sheets,
The Job Squad - KarlJ -- Up until the 14th round I really like your team, but then you took some left turns.
Bacon Bits - p0rk burn -- Aside from Thome and Casilla and your last three schmohawks, very solid team.

Thanks for uploading the images. I hope for regular updates.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 am 

Thanks for your thoughts on my team Grey. I also want to dislike my team. It sucks b/c with a league so big it makes projecting whether or not a player is going to be there very difficult. I waited on a few guys in hopes I would get them the next round and obviously missed out on them. Hopefully they can all stay healthy and some guys can start turning things around(Swisher)

C- Posada 1B- Miggy C 2B- Beckham 3B- Zimmerman SS- A. Ramirez
OF- J. Upton, McCutchen, G. Sizemore UTIL- Fielder
SP- Hanson, J. Weaver RP- Marmol, Hanrahan
P- B. Anderson, T. Lilly, R. Nolasco

Bench- J. Bruce, M. Pineda, R. Romero, Capps, A. Gordon, J. Zimmermann
DL- Greinke, Utley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:41 am 

Thanks for the input. I have so many pitchers on my bench I am about to go shopping for some bats. The depth of league and time between picks was ridiculous. I felt after the first few rounds and my choices got swallowed up I got lulled into thinking I had time to research, find that diamond in the rough, and the next thing I knew I had ten seconds left to draft. We'll see.

I still chuckle how and where everyone is going to go for advice on moves. Since leaguemates all go to the same place for advice.
RCL-a: Hey Grey, Some dolt wants me to trade Lincecum for Barfield, should I do it?
Grey: No!
RCL-a: Yeah thanks I thought it was a bad idea, what kind of idiot does that guy think I am?
Idiot: What a minute I'm that IDIOT you Er#@R%$#%$#ERF!

Heck I'll probably be the idiot!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:57 am 

Quote:
Salty F. Biscuits - SaltyBiscuits -- Pujols, Hamilton, Wainwright, Bradley, Bay all went too high. And I think you might have only one usuable guy after the 17th round (Olsen). I'm worried.

Autodrafting will do that to you. Seriously, the Yahoo! computer thought I would want Ronny Paulino and Cliff Floyd? Jason Bartlett as my starting SS?

Yahoo! computer man is a fucking idiot when it comes to late draft sleepers.

Gotta disagree about Hamilton, I had him #6 on my board. CrackPipe is a beast.

@IOWA:

I need pitching and steals, I have a good offense. I'll be in touch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next