LOGIN

In our ongoing schmohawk series where I breakdown overrated players for 2010 fantasy baseball, I’ve gone into depth on some of these guys.  I decided to also take a lookie-loo at Mock Draft Central’s Average Draft Pick board and grab ten players that I thought were overrated from their top 81.  If MDC could talk, I think even it would agree that some of these draft picks make no sense.  If you click on a player’s name, you’ll see whole posts dedicated to these schmohawks.  Anyway, here’s some overrated players for 2010 fantasy baseball:

Joe Mauer – ADP — 13.  Last year, his homers were bonkers for him.  He’s a catcher with a bad back.  Leave him to the autodrafters.

Mark Reynolds – ADP — 20.  Are people seriously drafting a guy that breaks the strikeout record every year in the 2nd round?  Rhetorical!

Victor Martinez – ADP — 22.  At 1st base, this makes no sense.  At catcher, it makes less sense.

Jason Bay – ADP — 25.  I’m hoping Reyes will come back soon, but right now Bay’s hitting behind Wright, Lousy Castillo and Angel Pagan and in front of Daniel Murphy.  Bay anywhere near 25 is fjord’ing crazy.

Pablo Sandoval – ADP — 39.  I’m guessing drafters reach for Sandoval due to The Great 3rd Basemen Drought of 2010.  My Chase Headley projections are 70/20/85/.290/10, Sandoval’s projections are 80/24/95/.315/4.  Cust kayin’.

Aaron Hill – ADP — 50.  Last year’s overrated guys (namely Hamilton) were causing people to send death threats to the site.  This year Aaron Hill could knock up your 17-year-old sister and you wouldn’t care that much.  Not sure why, but this year there’s a pretty boring group of overrated guys.  Should give people more reason to ignore them.  Alas…

Javier Vazquez – ADP — 59.  Unless Keith Law has been doing hundreds of mock drafts, this ADP is baffling.  Last time he pitched in NY, he had a 4.91 ERA.  That was pre-Jetstream.

Manny Ramirez – ADP — 62.  When he was younger, his insouciance (Word of the Day!) was cute and didn’t mess with his game.  Yeah, insouciance doesn’t age well.

Aramis Ramirez – ADP — 61.  I have him 30 spots lower on my top 100.  I thought about dropping him another 10 or so spots when I thought about how he has no speed and hasn’t hit over 30 homers since 2006.

Billy Butler – ADP — 81.  November Grey thought about doing a Butler sleeper post, but now I think Butler’s in sleeper sell territory. He doesn’t bring that much to the table. Unless we’re talking about the dinner table.