It is currently Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: More keeper stuff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:36 pm 

Steve wrote:
OK -

Two days til the auction. Time for some prep. $300 budget, 5x5 + Hitters' Ks, OBP, Pitchers' Games Started and Losses the extra cats. 9 teams. C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL. 1400 IP limit.

Keepers locked in as:

Votto $36
Cano $25
Car-Go $15
Stanton $10
Grandy $6
J-Up $33

I have $175 left.

In a 9-team league, there's always going to be a shizzload on the wire, but given OBP and the fact that Ks have always killed me in this league, what do you think of Konerko, Aramis and Reyes as some possible cheap-ish (not Reyes probably) targets? You could throw Youk in there too. Pujols has been thrown back but he'll go for north of $50, if not $60.

Pitching-wise, I obviously need to fill a whole staff. At this stage, looks like Halladay, Lincecum, Gallardo, Felix, CC and Grienke will all be available in the auction. Can you see any point in going to $40 for Halladay (as per your suggestion above), or should I try and pick off one of the others a bit cheaper?

Yeah, I could see overspending on pitching in this league for an ace... I think those bats are worth going for... Konerko less so... You have a 1st baseman...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Steve wrote:
OK -

Two days til the auction. Time for some prep. $300 budget, 5x5 + Hitters' Ks, OBP, Pitchers' Games Started and Losses the extra cats. 9 teams. C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL. 1400 IP limit.

Keepers locked in as:

Votto $36
Cano $25
Car-Go $15
Stanton $10
Grandy $6
J-Up $33

I have $175 left.

In a 9-team league, there's always going to be a shizzload on the wire, but given OBP and the fact that Ks have always killed me in this league, what do you think of Konerko, Aramis and Reyes as some possible cheap-ish (not Reyes probably) targets? You could throw Youk in there too. Pujols has been thrown back but he'll go for north of $50, if not $60.

Pitching-wise, I obviously need to fill a whole staff. At this stage, looks like Halladay, Lincecum, Gallardo, Felix, CC and Grienke will all be available in the auction. Can you see any point in going to $40 for Halladay (as per your suggestion above), or should I try and pick off one of the others a bit cheaper?

Yeah, I could see overspending on pitching in this league for an ace... I think those bats are worth going for... Konerko less so... You have a 1st baseman...

Yikes. Just bought Doc for $39 and A-Gonz 38 (have a CI and Util spot to fill) - right in line with Point Shares values if nothing else...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 pm 

In 9 teams? That's not terrible... What are you using 10 teams PS?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:00 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeah. I only have $98 left tho and 17 spots to fill. Just had to let Mauer go for $11. Guy who was bidding against me has a ton of money left.

Shit, shit, shit. Just threw Paps out there for $15 and no one else bid. Mothereffer! Brainless.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

And after all that, I left $8 on the table! A bit studs and scrubs, but tried to stick to Point Shares for the most part. Average could be a worry, which is not good with this number of teams, but I had to shut the wallet for ages after the Papelbon disaster (and miscalulated how many spots I needed to fill, so was shorter of funds than i thought). This bunch will probably strike out a ton too. Sigh.

Have a couple of WHIP worries, but hopefully I've balanced them out. Doesn't project too badly. Ton of players on the wire to deal with problems as they arise I suppose...

C Avila $3
1B Votto $36 (Keeper)
2B Cano $25 (Keeper)
3B Moustakas $7
SS Alcides $3
CI A-Gonz $38
MI Espinosa $1
OF Stanton $10 (Keeper)
OF Car-Go $15 (Keeper)
OF J-Up $33 (Keeper)
Util Grandy $6 (Keeper)
Util Stubbs $9

SP Halladay $39
SP Gio Gonzalez $14
SP Marcum $6
RP Papelbon $15
RP Street $6
P Putz $5
P Luebke $6

BN Butler $10
BN Lilly $1
BN Thornton $1
BN Myers $1 (Closer with SP eligibility for those days where I can slot him there)
BN Morrow $1
BN McCarthy $1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:57 am 

Steve wrote:
C Avila $3
1B Votto $36 (Keeper)
2B Cano $25 (Keeper)
3B Moustakas $7
SS Alcides $3
CI A-Gonz $38
MI Espinosa $1
OF Stanton $10 (Keeper)
OF Car-Go $15 (Keeper)
OF J-Up $33 (Keeper)
Util Grandy $6 (Keeper)
Util Stubbs $9

SP Halladay $39
SP Gio Gonzalez $14
SP Marcum $6
RP Papelbon $15
RP Street $6
P Putz $5
P Luebke $6

BN Butler $10
BN Lilly $1
BN Thornton $1
BN Myers $1 (Closer with SP eligibility for those days where I can slot him there)
BN Morrow $1
BN McCarthy $1

I agree with what you said, your hitting looks kinda crazy stacked...Guess those keepers didn't hurt, but the league is shallow so the fight to win this has just begun...Love Luebke for $6 there...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Can you see a place for Yunel or Aaron Hill on this team? Yunel would help in the AVG department, while Hill's K numbers were pretty good last year.

Damn Ks probably cost me the league the last couple of years. You'd think I'd learn...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 pm 

You don't need either of those guys right now...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:00 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Probably way over-thinking this, but I obviously grabbed Stubbs for his speed (and his power is nice too if he delivers), but given that I'm not short of power, and that Stubbs swings like a rusty gate (we count hitters' Ks), am I crazy to think that Coco might be a better option for steals? His AVG will probably be better and he only struck out 65 times last year (and hasn't really struck out more than 100 times in a season in his career. PS actually has them pretty close in value.

Of course I could have just waited and got Gardner for $1 - like Al K did...

Team below for reference.

C Avila $3
1B Votto $36 (Keeper)
2B Cano $25 (Keeper)
3B Moustakas $7
SS Alcides $3
CI A-Gonz $38
MI Espinosa $1
OF Stanton $10 (Keeper)
OF Car-Go $15 (Keeper)
OF J-Up $33 (Keeper)
Util Grandy $6 (Keeper)
Util Stubbs $9

SP Halladay $39
SP Gio Gonzalez $14
SP Marcum $6
RP Papelbon $15
RP Street $6
P Putz $5
P Luebke $6

BN Butler $10
BN Lilly $1
BN Thornton $1
BN Morrow $1
BN McCarthy $1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 pm 

Wow, Gardner went for a $1? People must've been loaded by that point... I'd hold for now...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next