It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: What is that in the sky - Cincy's new lead off man?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:38 pm 

Is Bruce coming back to earth, or a product of leading off with no protection?

Post subject: Re: What is that in the sky - Cincy's new lead off man?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I don't like him leading off, seems like he's pressing. Just got a base hit as I was typing, think he has ESPN or something.

But you're right. Since Hairston went down he hasn't been the same. Hairston was like a table setter for him.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:50 pm 

Take a look at how many times he K'd in the minors. He's always been due for a correction. That's why I was saying to sell him for a week straight.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:03 pm 

Isn't this the bittersweet part of picking up rookies? Even though his K numbers may have been high he hasn't shown much if any POP for a week and a half.
Averaging a 20% strikeout rate so far yet still batting .398, whereas someone like Utley is looking around a 12% strikeout rate, Pujols 10%, and the same for Quentin. Yet fellow rookie Longoria is striking out around 25% of the time.

I am not sold on selling because even though he may go to my bench until Dusty gets him lower in the lineup he is better than some of the other shmucks out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Take a look at how many times he K'd in the minors. He's always been due for a correction. That's why I was saying to sell him for a week straight.

Believe me, I looked at the Ks in the minors. But his other tools kept him on my team, just don't like him leading off. Had traded Ichiro earlier as I was trying to offset that with Carlos GoGo (we all know how painful that can be) so I needed an outfielder.

Should have listened to you guys.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 pm 

Grey wrote:
I am not sold on selling because even though he may go to my bench until Dusty gets him lower in the lineup he is better than some of the other shmucks out there.

But he might not be better than some of the other guys you can trade him for.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 pm 

Um, don't panic, snitches. Bruce will still hit 68 home runs. Trade him now, and you forfeit your soul.

In a related story, Dusty Baker is a terrible manager. When will the Reds dump Griffey and Dunn and get going with the youth movement?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:35 pm 

The Reds just suck right now. Everyone except Volquez is sucking right now. Goddamn Johnny Cueto sounds like a meanie in Cobra Kai. 8 BBs against a constipated Cardinal lineup (no Pujols). Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:54 am 

Apparently, Corey Patterson has a brother in the Cubs system.

Right now, Dusty Baker is licking his chops and saying, "Brother? So you have a younger brother, do you? If you will not turn to the dark side, then perhaps he will."