It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I hate picking keepers!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:56 am 

I'd like some assistance with this one if you all don't mind. My team was rather stacked last year and now I am forced to keep only 3 of the following names:

Mourneau
Pedroia
Markakis
Rios
Ichiro
Big Papi

League has standard stats + 2b + BBs. Positions are standard w/ 1 catcher, 2 util and 1 IF.

I am considering Mourneau and Pedroia (since 2b is shallow, then I can grab a decent SS and be solid up the middle early in the draft). I'm torn between Rios, Markakis, and Papi. In addition, I'm not certain about Pedroia, I agree with Razzball's projections on him. Any thoughts? If you have a few minutes, please provide me a brief analysis of why. THANKS! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: I hate picking keepers!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 am 

TBone wrote:
Mourneau
Pedroia
Markakis
Rios
Ichiro
Big Papi

League has standard stats + 2b + BBs. Positions are standard w/ 1 catcher, 2 util and 1 IF.

I am considering Mourneau and Pedroia (since 2b is shallow, then I can grab a decent SS and be solid up the middle early in the draft). I'm torn between Rios, Markakis, and Papi. In addition, I'm not certain about Pedroia, I agree with Razzball's projections on him. Any thoughts? If you have a few minutes, please provide me a brief analysis of why. THANKS! :mrgreen:

Morneau, Pedroia and Markakis -- I went Markakis instead of Rios because of the 2B and BBs stats. Ortiz appears to be declining and I'm not willing to take the chance on a rebound. He might be better than last year, but he's not hitting 50 HRs.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:34 pm 

Yea, I was leaning in the same direction. After dwelling on the question for a few weeks, I finally decided I was probably going with Sparks over Rios and the wife recommended as much, then hit me when I reversed course and said "well Rios..."

So I guess the moral of the story is: What Grey and Wife recommend are the bible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:01 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Just remember when comparing your wife to Grey, that Grey is only right most of the time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:58 pm 

Mourneau
Pedroia
Markakis

Seem like the 3 I'd personally pick myself too.