All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: League Rules
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:21 pm 

I mentioned it in the article.
I'd like to see a couple of changes.

1. Add a DL spot

2. Implement a 162 game max per hitter

3. Change the Game Started max (I think it's 22) to an Innings Pitched max of maybe 160-165. (the default would be 154)

Thoughts?

2 - Cano*
3 - Zimmerman*
SS - Segura*
OF - Hamilton*, Stanton*, Puig*, B.Hamilton*

SP - Verlander*

Post subject: Re: League Rules
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 pm 

Why is 2 important to you?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 pm 

I've found that with a small bench (3 players total hitters and pitchers), it's pretty damn hard to get to 162 per position. But I do agree that if there is a starts/IP limit, there should be a cap on ABs, as well.

1st $ this year, additional $ are following years. Italics = cannot be kept past this yr. Bold = have to be kept or pay penalty

C
1B Joey Votto ($17)
2B Ben Zobrist ($22/$22)
SS Starlin Castro ($9/$13/$17)
3b David Wright ($34/$34)
MI
CI Pablo Sandoval ($17)
OF Jason Werth ($3)
OF Alex Rios ($7/$7)
OF Carlos Beltran ($15/$15)
OF
OF
Util Anthony Rizzo ($1/$5/$9)
P Max Scherzer ($1)
P Jordan Zimmermann ($1)
P Yu Darvish ($13/$13)
P Casey Janssen ($6/$6)
P Steve Cishek ($1/$1)
P Rafael Soriano ($4/$4)
P Joel Hanrahan ($13/$13)
P
P
B Todd Frazier ($2/$2)
B
B
B
DL
DL
DL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:35 pm 

Cookie's Monsters wrote:
I mentioned it in the article.
I'd like to see a couple of changes.

1. Add a DL spot

2. Implement a 162 game max per hitter

3. Change the Game Started max (I think it's 22) to an Innings Pitched max of maybe 160-165. (the default would be 154)

Thoughts?

1. I'm fine with having 2 DL spots

2. No max games per hitter... I don't think it would have an impact anyway

3. I don't really see the point of that change... Maybe I'm missing something? (I usually play in H2H leagues so I'm not used with those pitchers limits...)

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:11 pm 

Ok i guess #2 is pointless with such a small bench.

For #3 I'm new to ESPN so maybe someone could further explain the Maximum Starts rule. I don't really get it. Does 1 Inning or even less from a closer count as a Start?

2 - Cano*
3 - Zimmerman*
SS - Segura*
OF - Hamilton*, Stanton*, Puig*, B.Hamilton*

SP - Verlander*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:44 pm 

Starts are when one of your starters starts a game. Harang starts a game and is plummeted for 8 ER in 1/3 of an inning and it's a start. Harang comes in in the 12th inning and throws 3 scoreless it is not a start. (All hypotheticals, of course) A closer comes in the 9th or a MR comes in in the 7th or 8th and it's not a start. 180 starts works out to 6 starters giving you 30 starts. If you have a starter on your bench for his start, it does not count for a start. So 180 starts in your active roster.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:09 am 

Looking through the leagues to see if they all are on the same page… there are some non-conformist settings in some leagues…don’t know if you can still change but this is what I see:

1) Honey Nut Ichiros - has a 180 Games started max… most other leagues have 198.

2) Neologasm - has 200 Starts max, other have 198

3) Gorditas - has weekly lineup and roster changes, all other leagues are on daily changes

--NoonTime

2011 RCL Epic Beardmen Division (League #37) - Bushwood Varmint Cong
C-
CI- Cabrera(1), Howard(2), Alvarez(9)
MI- Beckham(10), Desmond(12), Gonzales(24)
OF- JUpton(3), Pence(4), Ellsbury(5), DYoung(7), Span(17)
U- Lind(W), Morse(W)
SP- Liriano(6), Billingsley(8), Anderson(11), Hellickson(13), Bumgarner(15), Zimmerman(16)
RP- Thornton(14), Nunez(18), McGee(19), Capps(20), Rauch(21), Bard(22)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:19 am 

Oh, well. Hopefully it doesn't have any real effect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:50 am 

There is a way to fix this problem (and it's a very big problem for the weekly league setup). League managers need to reset the draft and then re-enter all the rosters. It's a hassle, but better now than later. If league managers decide to do this, make sure you have a copy of all teams before resetting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:23 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Thought I'd post this question here... If a drafted player in the RCL is sent down to Triple A, are we supposed to drop him, or are we able to keep him somehow? Isn't a big deal to me, drafted Clement, but see it being a larger issue for owners who might have drafted Price or Wieters?