It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: RCL Coitus Division
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 pm 

Owners should have an email invitation. Here is a link to the league site: http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=29510

Post subject: Re: RCL Coitus Division
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 pm 

Two issues to discuss: Draft date and Extra incentive?

I am available most weeknights. I wouldn't mind throwing $20 toward the league as incentive to keep everyone active.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I would hope we don't need a cash incentive to keep all owners active. I'm already in three money leagues and really don't need another.
I have drafts scheduled for March 5th at 9 PM, March 15th@3PM, March28@noon, April 4@10:30AM. Weeknights after 7 PM EST/EDT or Saturdays (all day) or Sundays after 1 PM all work for me.
Planet 10 (Ivar Anderson aka johnwhorfin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:24 pm 

I'm not interested in paying a fee either. If that is what the league decides I'll pull out (obviously before the league starts!).

Draft time: weekends before 6pm ET would be best for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:32 pm 

The Dude wrote:
Two issues to discuss: Draft date and Extra incentive?

I am available most weeknights. I wouldn't mind throwing $20 toward the league as incentive to keep everyone active.

I don't want to pay for our league... It's my first Roto league in a long time and I'm doing it for fun, not for money... But don't worry, I will be very active, no matter where I am in the standings!

As for draft date/time, I would rather draft mid to late march (I hate drafting early)... I'm available most weeknights from 5h30 PM to 9h00 PM (EST) and weekends afternoons/evenings are fine for me (except for Saturday, March 28th - I won't be home at all - and Sunday, March 29th I'd probably only be available after 3 PM or 4 PM EST...)

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez
RP: Aardsma, Nunez, M. Gonzalez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:51 pm 

I'm in favor of a small monetary incentive. While I'd hope the people interested enough to join through this venue are committed owners who won't give up in June, it's been my experience that there's always a couple who become inactive - no matter how active they claim they will be in February. Particularly since we'll be essentially competing with the other leagues, maybe the money will help keep the full league active just a little longer than the other leagues - enough so to make sure we're the most competitive league.

I joined up here thinking the cash would happen so here's hoping it does.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:28 pm 

Cross Dresser wrote:
I'm in favor of a small monetary incentive. While I'd hope the people interested enough to join through this venue are committed owners who won't give up in June, it's been my experience that there's always a couple who become inactive - no matter how active they claim they will be in February. Particularly since we'll be essentially competing with the other leagues, maybe the money will help keep the full league active just a little longer than the other leagues - enough so to make sure we're the most competitive league.

I joined up here thinking the cash would happen so here's hoping it does.

I know times are tough. But I have been doing this long enough to know that if your league is "just for fun" than the owners at the bottom could care less about what they stated in February...and bail by the all-star break. I personally think that $20 (and I'm willing to go higher) is very minimal, but I will go along with whatever we collectively decide to do. It's a democracy. Speak your peace and we will vote, if someone wishes to leave based on the results than I'm sure we will have plenty of people interested in taking their place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:48 pm 

Looks like the league run by Gonzalez is charging $50. It'll be hard to compete with the commitment of owners in a league charging that much if we do this for free. But I think $20 is good enough - as long as we're sure we have active owners. Of course, you can never be 100% sure. That's why I tend to stick with the same core group in my two leagues. (I've also found that people - generally speaking - who own countless teams end up flittering away too.)

Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 pm 

Vote for one of these options. If we have an overwhelming amount of votes in favor of one option than that is what we will go with...otherwise we will eliminate the least favored option and vote between the remaining two.

FREE - I am not interested in a pay league.
$20 - Keep it simple.
$50 - I'm confident I will kick everyone's ass.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:00 pm 

The Dude wrote:
Vote for one of these options. If we have an overwhelming amount of votes in favor of one option than that is what we will go with...otherwise we will eliminate the least favored option and vote between the remaining two.

FREE - I am not interested in a pay league.
$20 - Keep it simple.
$50 - I'm confident I will kick everyone's ass.

I vote FREE

C: Napoli
1B: Teixeira
2B: Phillips
SS: Reyes
3B: A-Rod
OF: Kemp
OF: Holliday
OF: Granderson
Util: Quentin
Bench: BJ Upton

SP: Lincecum, J. Santana, Weaver, Hamels, Dempster, Nolasco, Cueto, Volquez