It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Change in ESPN scoring?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:12 pm 

I'm guessing that if a start is credited to a RP, it will automatically not count those stats. And, probably, if a starter has a relief appearance, those stats will be counted. I'm not 100% sure, but I imagine it all depends on the recognition of a start.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm 

Won't know until it happens, though, since ESPN does a crap job of detailing this stuff in the rules. If it doesn't work that way, that would be an incredibly sneaky way of getting more than your 180 starts (acquire starters who still have RP as their primary position)... much more, depending on how soon in the season you do it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:54 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

RandomItalicizdVoice wrote:
And this is the problem I was talking about with a GS limit rather than an IP limit. It's, IMO, unfair that a team can continue to accrue pitching stats after their "GS limit" has been reached. I don't know if you can use IP limit rather than GS in ESPN, but, again IMO, that's the biggest change that needs to be made for RCLs next season. Next would be deeper benches and another DL slot.

Agreed... It's counter intuitive that you can reach a "limit" and still continue to get stats. The way I read the rules on ESPN at the beginning of the year (I've never played fantasy sports on ESPN until this year for RCL - I've played Yahoo! exclusively since 2001), it sounded like once you hit 180 games started, you gain stats that day and then don't get anything else:

Quote:
GAME START LIMITS
One aspect of strategy in fantasy baseball is not simply knowing who to start but when to start them. As such it is important to pay attention to your pitchers game started when setting your lineup. ESPN's Standard League game does NOT allow for unlimited streaming of pitchers. Listed below are the game start limits for both the ROTO scoring formats.

Roto - games started maximums
Batters - Unlimited starts - No maximums
Pitchers - Limited starts - Maximum of 200 games started

NOTE: If a team exceeds the 200 games started max in the middle of a day, the team will continue to accumulate stats until the end of the day.

At any rate, Yahoo! added the option for their leagues to be open to the public a few months ago, so maybe next year the RCL's could be moved to Yahoo??

Also, after holding David Wright all season, I agree that another DL slot wouldn't be so bad...

12 Team H2H, 4 unrestricted keepers
C - Mike Napoli
1B - Eric Hosmer
2B - Jedd Gyorko
3B - Todd Frazier
SS - Jhonny Peralta
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Shin-Soo Choo
UTL - Brett Lawrie
UTL - Adam LaRoche
Bench - Austin Jackson
DL - Aaron Hill Hanley Ramirez

SP - Clayton Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jhoulys Chacin, Ervin Santana
RP - Glen Perkins, Heath Bell, Jose Veras, Ernesto Fireri, Edward Mujica, Carlos Marmol, J.J. Putz

RCL - Cracking the WHIP - Admiral Trey
C - Yadier Molina
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Jedd Gyorko
SS - Jimmy Rollins
MI - Everth Cabrera
CI - Justin Morneau
OF - Jason Heyward, Shin-Soo Choo, Michael Morse, Nick Swisher, Ben Revere
UTL - Kendrys Morales
Bench - Garrett Jones, David Freese

SP - Justin Verlander, Cliff Lee, Ryan Dempster, Ubaldo Jimenez
RP - Jonathan Papelbon, John Axford, Glen Perkins, Ryan Cook, David Robertson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:39 pm 

AdmiralTrey wrote:
maybe next year the RCL's could be moved to Yahoo??

Personally, I much prefer playing on ESPN. I like the move button for changing your lineup better than the dragging of players on Yahoo. I like the link directly from roster page to a specific position you want to add. I find it just works better for me.

AdmiralTrey wrote:
It's counter intuitive that you can reach a "limit" and still continue to get stats.

If you use up all your games for first basemen on Yahoo, you still get to count stats for other positions. On ESPN, you can use up your limit for starters, and keep counting relievers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:45 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

VinWins wrote:
AdmiralTrey wrote:
maybe next year the RCL's could be moved to Yahoo??

Personally, I much prefer playing on ESPN. I like the move button for changing your lineup better than the dragging of players on Yahoo. I like the link directly from roster page to a specific position you want to add. I find it just works better for me.

I do like ESPN's roster moving... It's especially easier when I'm on my iPad out of town. And also their real-time standings are pretty awesome. I just like the look, setup, analysts, articles, and everything else basically of Yahoo!.

Quote:
If you use up all your games for first basemen on Yahoo, you still get to count stats for other positions. On ESPN, you can use up your limit for starters, and keep counting relievers.

That is true, but that's because there are also limits for each other position. There's no such limit for relievers without an overall innings cap.

12 Team H2H, 4 unrestricted keepers
C - Mike Napoli
1B - Eric Hosmer
2B - Jedd Gyorko
3B - Todd Frazier
SS - Jhonny Peralta
OF - Ryan Braun
OF - Mike Trout
OF - Shin-Soo Choo
UTL - Brett Lawrie
UTL - Adam LaRoche
Bench - Austin Jackson
DL - Aaron Hill Hanley Ramirez

SP - Clayton Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner, Ubaldo Jimenez, Jhoulys Chacin, Ervin Santana
RP - Glen Perkins, Heath Bell, Jose Veras, Ernesto Fireri, Edward Mujica, Carlos Marmol, J.J. Putz

RCL - Cracking the WHIP - Admiral Trey
C - Yadier Molina
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Jose Altuve
3B - Jedd Gyorko
SS - Jimmy Rollins
MI - Everth Cabrera
CI - Justin Morneau
OF - Jason Heyward, Shin-Soo Choo, Michael Morse, Nick Swisher, Ben Revere
UTL - Kendrys Morales
Bench - Garrett Jones, David Freese

SP - Justin Verlander, Cliff Lee, Ryan Dempster, Ubaldo Jimenez