It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: what 10 to keep
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

12 team h2h league you get to keep any ten without penalties and all of your minor leaugers that did not reach majorleauge status 150ab/50ip

C Chris Snyder
1B Derrek Lee
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Troy Tulowitzki
LF Raúl Ibañez
CF Aaron Rowand
RF Nick Markakis
Util Andre Ethier
BN Kevin Kouzmanoff 3b
BN Ken Griffey Jr of
BN Jeff Kent 2b
BN Jed Lowrie 3b/ss
BN Jorge Posada c
SP Ryan Dempster
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP Johnny Cueto
RP B.J. Ryan
RP David Riske
RP Matt Capps
P Manny Parra
P Brad Ziegler
BN Brandon Morrow
BN Justin Duchscherer
BN Masa Kobayashi
BN John Maine
BN Tim Hudson
BN Adam Wainwright
BN Brad Penny
DL Shawn Hill

and my minor leauge team (we keep them all)

Cameron Maybin
Wade Davis
Jarrod Parker
carlos carrasco

as of now i was planning on keeping
Lee
Philips
Cabrera
Markakis
Matsuzaka
Wainwright
Tulowitzki

then i am split over the last few spots between
cueto
morrow
ethier
maine
capps
dempster

thanx for the help

"I need to think something lasts forever, and it might as well be that state of being that is a game; it might as well be that, in a green field, in the sun. " Bartlett Giamatti

Post subject: Re: what 10 to keep
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:57 pm 

tigerdeathhouse wrote:
12 team h2h league you get to keep any ten without penalties and all of your minor leaguers that did not reach major league status 150ab/50ip

C Chris Snyder
1B Derrek Lee
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Troy Tulowitzki
LF Raúl Ibañez
CF Aaron Rowand
RF Nick Markakis
Util Andre Ethier
BN Kevin Kouzmanoff 3b
BN Ken Griffey Jr of
BN Jeff Kent 2b
BN Jed Lowrie 3b/ss
BN Jorge Posada c
SP Ryan Dempster
SP Daisuke Matsuzaka
SP Johnny Cueto
RP B.J. Ryan
RP David Riske
RP Matt Capps
P Manny Parra
P Brad Ziegler
BN Brandon Morrow
BN Justin Duchscherer
BN Masa Kobayashi
BN John Maine
BN Tim Hudson
BN Adam Wainwright
BN Brad Penny
DL Shawn Hill

and my minor league team (we keep them all)

Cameron Maybin
Wade Davis
Jarrod Parker
carlos carrasco

as of now i was planning on keeping
Lee
Philips
Cabrera
Markakis
Matsuzaka
Wainwright
Tulowitzki

then i am split over the last few spots between
cueto
morrow
ethier
maine
capps
dempster

thanx for the help

First off, you have some great minor league prospects. Very nicely played. I agree with the seven major leaguers you have, then you have a bunch of question marks. I'd keep Cueto, then I'm not sure if you have to keep ten. If you do not have to keep ten, I'd keep the seven plus Cueto and chuck the rest back in. If you need to keep ten, my next two would be Ethier and Dempster.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

ya you have to keep 10. am i to high on morrow to even think about keeping him over dempster? morrow just looked to have electric stuff every time i see him and i just dont really trust dempster that much.

"I need to think something lasts forever, and it might as well be that state of being that is a game; it might as well be that, in a green field, in the sun. " Bartlett Giamatti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 am 

Morrow did look good in 75% of his starts in September, but he only had 5 starts. What I'm saying is, he's pitched about 65 innings each of the last two years. Even if he's stretched out, he won't be able to throw more than 120 innings without risking injury. So that's about 17 to 20 starts. I'm not very high on Dempster and usually would tell someone to not keep him, but in your circumstances, he's the next best guy. He's a third to fourth starter (think pick 140 to 160) and Morrow is an endgame gamble (think pick 200+).

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:37 am 

are you allowed to make trades?? I totally agree with grey about dempster being taken because he's the next best. I'd try abd trade him and get someone better or atleast more reliable

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:29 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

alright after alot wheeling and dealing i have ended up with this i think i ended up with a better team as a whole

probable keepers
sp Adam Wainwright
SP james shields
SP felix herenandez
SP josh beckett
1B Derrek Lee
2B Brandon Phillips
3B evan longoria
SS Troy Tulowitzki
CF nate mclouth

and trying to decide between
Andre Ethier (need a lot of offensive help but dont trust him to play p to hi second half numbers)
aaron harang ( already got a "doughy bagel" of sp's but its hard to pass up on his 200+k potential)

just wondering if any one had any thoughts on these 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 pm 

Keep Ethier and get back Harang in the draft. In general, I like Harang for next year (to an extent), but most won't want him so you should be able to get him back at the draft, no? Also, you have a bunch of starter keepers already.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Morrow did look good in 75% of his starts in September, but he only had 5 starts. What I'm saying is, he's pitched about 65 innings each of the last two years. Even if he's stretched out, he won't be able to throw more than 120 innings without risking injury. So that's about 17 to 20 starts. I'm not very high on Dempster and usually would tell someone to not keep him, but in your circumstances, he's the next best guy. He's a third to fourth starter (think pick 140 to 160) and Morrow is an endgame gamble (think pick 200+).

I don't disagree re: Morrow.. but, still, you'd keep Cueto over him? Interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:40 am 

I really liked Cueto until Rudy did this pitcher's series. Now I'm slightly less excited about him. He's a guy that had some bad luck last year and I think his ERA will come down. I still like him, but I like Morrow a little better, IF Morrow starts, which I think he will. But I was under the impression that Tiger's not keeping either guys now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:00 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Re: Cueto's bad luck - ha, yeah, April, May, July & September, were unlucky for him.

But I jest... yes, I could see his ERA coming down from 4.80. But do you see him finishing the season sub-4.00? Hmm, maybe he's closer to a *starting* Morrow than I originally assumed.