It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Pick 7 major league keepers & pick 3 minor league keepers.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:52 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Twelve team 7x7 roto league (AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS, KO // ERA, W, SV, K, WHIP, HLD, CG).
The CG stat is probably getting changed to QS this coming season.
Contracts drafted are for three years (# in parenthesis listed is contract years left).
We keep 7 major league players and 3 minor league players.

WHO WOULD YOU KEEP ? ?

/ / Majors: ( * indicates my keepers as of now)
I. Kinsler (2)*
J. Morneau (1)*
M. Kemp (2)*
N. Markakis (2)*
K. Youkilis (2)*
R. Halladay (1)*
C. Davis (2)*
V. Martinez (1)
E. Volquez (2)
T. Hunter (1)
M. Rivera (2)

/ / Minors:
Pedro Alvarez (3)*
Kenshin Kawakami (3)*
Pablo Sandoval (3)*
Jeff Samardzja (3)
Reid Brignac (2)
Kila Ka'aihue (3)
Justin Smoak (3)
Buster Posey (3)
Derek Holland (3)
Jeremy Hellickson (3)
Justin Heyward (3)
Yonder Alonso (3)

I am not completely sold on all the Chris Davis hype. I'm considering upgrading through him using said hype (possibly Alexei Ramirez?). I also wouldn't mind upgrading through Kawakami (possibly David Price?), Youkilis and even Morneau. Any thoughts would be appreciated. And Pablo Sandoval qualifying as a minor kind of excites me.

Post subject: Re: Pick 7 major league keepers & pick 3 minor league keepers.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:04 pm 

tooms wrote:
WHO WOULD YOU KEEP ? ?

/ / Majors: ( * indicates my keepers as of now)
I. Kinsler (2)*
J. Morneau (1)*
M. Kemp (2)*
N. Markakis (2)*
K. Youkilis (2)*
R. Halladay (1)*
C. Davis (2)*
V. Martinez (1)
E. Volquez (2)
T. Hunter (1)
M. Rivera (2)

/ / Minors:
Pedro Alvarez (3)*
Kenshin Kawakami (3)*
Pablo Sandoval (3)*
Jeff Samardzja (3)
Reid Brignac (2)
Kila Ka'aihue (3)
Justin Smoak (3)
Buster Posey (3)
Derek Holland (3)
Jeremy Hellickson (3)
Justin Heyward (3)
Yonder Alonso (3)

I am not completely sold on all the Chris Davis hype. I'm considering upgrading through him using said hype (possibly Alexei Ramirez?). I also wouldn't mind upgrading through Kawakami (possibly David Price?), Youkilis and even Morneau. Any thoughts would be appreciated. And Pablo Sandoval qualifying as a minor kind of excites me.

I wouldn't keep Kawakami. He projects as a fourth starter with third starter upside. Instead, I'd go with Jason Heyward (unless that really is Justin Heyward as you wrote).

If you're using Davis and his hype machine to snag someone else, I'd go for someone capable of producing more than Alexei Ramirez.

Also, unless you can flip Davis, Youuuuk and Morneau for something great, I'd hold onto Youuuuuk and Morneau and, if anything, I'd use Davis and Halladay to get a monster bat.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:56 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I was already thinking of trying to trade Davis (2) and Halladay (1) for A-rod (1) or Wright (1), if they'd bite that is. I could even try a Davis, Halladay and Morneau (1) for A-rod and Prince (1)... that's only if he values Morneau higher than Prince, which some do. Then I could try to trade some of my minor leaguers and lower-end keeper caliber players for a pitcher or another smaller bat. Who would you target for Davis/Halladay or possibly more? Who would you target for a lower end keeper for the likes of VMart/Volquez/Hunter/Dempster/Cain/Mariano?

And I definitely meant Jason. I don't mind keeping Heyward... I just know I will be able to get him again late in the draft. The only reason why I like Kawakami or Samardzija is because they are going to at the very least contribute this year and I know they'll be drafted earlier than a Heyward or a Posey. I actually like Samardzija more than Kenshin, but I think he is destined for the pen right now. If he were guaranteed a spot in the rotation I would probably keep him. Who would you target for minor league talent right now, besides the obvious Wieters/Price/Maybin?

12 team 7x7 roto keeper* (add'l cats: KO, OPS & HLD, QS)

Keepers:
1B: L. Berkman
2B: I. Kinsler
3B: D. Wright*
OF: J. Bautista*
OF: J. Hamilton
SP: C. Kershaw*
RP: C. Kimbrel

Minors:
SS: Dee Gordon
SP: Brad Peacock
SP: Henderson Alvarez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:47 am 

tooms wrote:
I was already thinking of trying to trade Davis (2) and Halladay (1) for A-rod (1) or Wright (1), if they'd bite that is. I could even try a Davis, Halladay and Morneau (1) for A-rod and Prince (1)... that's only if he values Morneau higher than Prince, which some do. Then I could try to trade some of my minor leaguers and lower-end keeper caliber players for a pitcher or another smaller bat. Who would you target for Davis/Halladay or possibly more? Who would you target for a lower end keeper for the likes of VMart/Volquez/Hunter/Dempster/Cain/Mariano?

And I definitely meant Jason. I don't mind keeping Heyward... I just know I will be able to get him again late in the draft. The only reason why I like Kawakami or Samardzija is because they are going to at the very least contribute this year and I know they'll be drafted earlier than a Heyward or a Posey. I actually like Samardzija more than Kenshin, but I think he is destined for the pen right now. If he were guaranteed a spot in the rotation I would probably keep him. Who would you target for minor league talent right now, besides the obvious Wieters/Price/Maybin?

If you can get Arod and Wright, then definitely do it. Or if you can get Arod and Prince, definitely do that. It's hard to say who else I'd target, I don't know the keepers in your league or how many years they're being kept for, but Davis and Halladay should land you a very good keeper, anything less and I wouldn't do it.

If you think you can get Heyward back, then I'd definitely go with Kawakami, but make sure you get Heyward back, he's going to be a great one. Reimold, Max Ramirez and Hanson are some other names to look at. Also, I had a whole 2009 Fantasy Baseball Rookie series.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:15 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I made a few offers. A-Rod (1) and Prince (1) for Morneau (1), Davis (2) and Halladay (1)... plus Wright (1) and Howard (1) for Youkilis (2), Davis (2), Halladay (1) and Kawakami (minor). The second offer being more of a long shot, but it really depends on how he values two year keepers over expiring contracts.

If one of these deals land, I will probably try to go after Bay (2), Peavy (1) or Alexei (2)... they seem like the most likely players I could go after given the other teams keepers, needs and resources.

Keepers:

Minors:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:38 pm 

I like Peavy, Alexei and Bay, in that order, if that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:15 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So I believe my league has decided to postpone the CG to QS stat switch until the 2010 season. With complete games as a roto stat, it increases the value of Halladay drastically in my opinion (mind you 15 CG in a season was good enough for first place last year in that stat and Halladay had 9 CG's... 9 CG was good enough for fourth). I could probably trade Halladay (1), Volquez (2) and Morneau (1) for A-Rod (1) and Fielder (1). Thoughts? I'm really liking the trade myself.

This would ultimately leave my keepers to be:

A Rodriguez (1)
P Fielder (1)
I Kinsler (2)
N Markakis (2)
M Kemp (2)
K Youkilis (2)
C Davis (2)

I could then probably make a trade involving either Youk or Davis, but most likely Davis (2), Vmart (1), Mariano (2) and Torii (1) for CC Sabathia (1). The guy who has Sabathia really needs a whole bunch of keeper quality players before the season starts, so this might fly.

Keepers:

Minors:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:10 pm 

tooms wrote:
So I believe my league has decided to postpone the CG to QS stat switch until the 2010 season. With complete games as a roto stat, it increases the value of Halladay drastically in my opinion (mind you 15 CG in a season was good enough for first place last year in that stat and Halladay had 9 CG's... 9 CG was good enough for fourth). I could probably trade Halladay (1), Volquez (2) and Morneau (1) for A-Rod (1) and Fielder (1). Thoughts? I'm really liking the trade myself.

This would ultimately leave my keepers to be:

A Rodriguez (1)
P Fielder (1)
I Kinsler (2)
N Markakis (2)
M Kemp (2)
K Youkilis (2)
C Davis (2)

I could then probably make a trade involving either Youk or Davis, but most likely Davis (2), Vmart (1), Mariano (2) and Torii (1) for CC Sabathia (1). The guy who has Sabathia really needs a whole bunch of keeper quality players before the season starts, so this might fly.

I really like the Halladay trade for Arod. The other trade is fine, but it's a lot of pieces for CC. I like CC, but what if he goes down? You're going to trade 4 potential top guys for a starter who threw a lot of innings last year? (Sure, he throws a lot every year, but still. Remember last April when everyone thought it had caught up to him? It didn't seem unrealistic, right?) It's a bit much for CC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:21 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I agree. The trade would also involve probably a 3rd round draft pick for me. Seems about even to me. So

Sabathia
3rd rd pick

for

Davis (2)
Vmart
Mo (2)
Torii

Thoughts?

Keepers:

Minors:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 pm 

Makes it a bit more enticing. Who's a player that you could imagine seeing in your third round?