It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Is Putz droppable?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 pm 

I only have one DL spot and 3 BN spots. Three of those slots are occupied by Ortiz, Willingham and Figgins. What are the chances that Putz comes back, I don't think he actually recovered from his original injury early in the season. I have been waiting for him to turn it around but, I thinking there is something more serious than superficial.

My FA options are not great Isringhausen, Morrow, CJ Wilson, Hoffman, Gonzalez, Jones, Feuntes, Borowski if I did drop him.

Post subject: Re: Is Putz droppable?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:09 pm 

BKK wrote:

My FA options are not great Isringhausen, Morrow, CJ Wilson, Hoffman, Gonzalez, Jones, Feuntes, Borowski if I did drop him.

Normally I would tell someone to hold their Putz (oofa!), but you're FAs are plentiful. Is this an 8 team league?

I'd grab Hoffman, Fuentes, Jones, Borowski, punt.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:26 pm 

Grey wrote:

Is this an 8 team league?

No it is a really bizzare format, It is an 11 team points league with a gazillion stats and a 30 man roster. 2 of every position, 4 Utility, 3 Bench, 5 SP's and 2 RP's. So RP's are plenty. So are SP's, but if they don't win they don't help me much.

In this format we have basically unlimited games for batters (20 players per night) and limited innings for pitchers and limited roster spots for pitchers. Consequently, I only roster 5 starters, 2 relievers and try to use my bench for batters. I am in first by a wide margin as other teams are trying to horde the better pitchers... in their defense, there isn't anything left in FA for batters cause I have grabbed and continue to grab all the hot hitters with the great Razzball advice. My latest success Alex(e)i Ramirez.

So drop Putz for Hoffman?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 pm 

So relievers that get wins? Hoffman doesn't get wins cause the Padres baby him.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:05 pm 

Sorry, my poor wording. RP's get vulture wins and of course saves. K-Rod has been my "saving" grace with JJ's uncharacteristic start.

We also count BSV and losses so those games hurt, had a couple with JJ, I would expect a few more with Hoffman, but I see he does have 14 SV's. Can SD (Hoffman) be that much worst than Sea (Putz) has been already?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:16 pm 

I'll be honest, I can't wrap my head around your scoring (partly cause I don't know most of it), but Hoffman is better than Putz for saves, ERA and WHIP.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:22 pm 

Got it, that works for me. Putz is soon to be a distant memory.

I'll work on my english, maybe its the Canadian accent.

Try this: W (20), L (-5), CG (5), SHO (5), SV (10), K (.5), NH (50), PG (100), BSV (-10)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:28 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Seems like a PG should be an automatic championship with the tiebreaker being the number of birds blown up by fastballs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:07 pm 

I just DL'ed Putz...Torres Bork Wheel Franklin Morrow Fuentes to add?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:14 pm 

p0rk burn wrote:
Seems like a PG should be an automatic championship with the tiebreaker being the number of birds blown up by fastballs.

Ya, I wasn't crazy about it either. The night Lester pitcher his no-no, he was on WW. He could have net the lucky recipient 89 pts.

My pitching staff has sucked huge, Putz, Carmona, Verlander with just brutal starts the season. But I have a 400 pt lead on 2nd, so its all good.