It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Early '09 Sleepers/Deals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:39 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

While 08 is fresh in my mind I have jotted down a list of players I think will be undervalued next season and could be draft day deals, what do you guys think? Also add your own!

Pitchers:
Chris Young, SD
If he can avoid balls to the face, I look for the year I expected this season, and could be #1 fantasy SP.

Aaron Harang, CIN
I know, I'm a homer but I'm not convinced he's through and after this year's performance he could be a late rounder.

Matt Cain, SF
Seems to me like he had pretty bad luck in 08, lots of potential still here I think.

Batters:
Troy Tulowitzski, COL
At a shallow position I think he'll offer lots of value in the 4th-6th rounds in 09 than the 2nd-4th rounds in 08.

Victor Martinez, CLE
Not sure were he'll be valued in 09 drafts but a rebound season could payoff huge.

David DeJesus, KC
Nobody fucks with The Jesus, mane. Showed flashes of the "Beltran-like" potential, next season will be a show-me season.

Post subject: Re: Early '09 Sleepers/Deals
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:52 pm 

Quote:
Pitchers:
Chris Young, SD
If he can avoid balls to the face, I look for the year I expected this season, and could be #1 fantasy SP.
He had a 4.50 ERA away from home in 2007 and a plus-5 ERA away from home this year.

Quote:
Aaron Harang, CIN
I know, I'm a homer but I'm not convinced he's through and after this year's performance he could be a late rounder.
You're a masochistic.
Quote:
Matt Cain, SF
Seems to me like he had pretty bad luck in 08, lots of potential still here I think.
Without looking at specific numbers (in other words, don't hold me to this), I like him for next year.
Quote:
Batters:
Troy Tulowitzski, COL
At a shallow position I think he'll offer lots of value in the 4th-6th rounds in 09 than the 2nd-4th rounds in 08.
He'll go even later than 4th to 6th rounds, unless people's memories are that bad. I do think he can offer decent value and I'm not giving up on him yet.
Quote:
Victor Martinez, CLE
Not sure were he'll be valued in 09 drafts but a rebound season could payoff huge.
I think he'll still be overvalued.

Quote:
David DeJesus, KC
Nobody fucks with The Jesus, mane. Showed flashes of the "Beltran-like" potential, next season will be a show-me season.
Will be on sleeper lists, for sure.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:02 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
You're a masochistic.

Probably, that or I like getting Harangued

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:17 pm 

Harangued is a real word. I thought your specialty was made up words.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:57 pm 

Nick Markakis, Matt Kemp, Delmon Young, Adam Wainwright and the Ultimate sleeper for 2009----> this guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:44 pm 

White Lightning wrote:
Nick Markakis, Matt Kemp, Delmon Young, Adam Wainwright and the Ultimate sleeper for 2009----> this guy

First, that guy is soooo money.

Markakis, Kemp, Young and Wainwright are all going to be great next year. Not sure if anyone's going to think of them as sleepers though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

White Lightning wrote:

Haha "So many mans trying to get ladies pregnant."

I'm keeping an eye on D. Young, hopefully the power will develop, I mean have you seen how far he can throw a bat, dude's strong!

Markakis is not a sleeper, or at least I won't be sleeping on Sparkakis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:59 pm 

Max Scherzer. Like Lincecum, but with less quirkiness, and no Mighty Mouse in his top ten comps.

Chris Young. If his home/road splits are so bad, do what I'd been doing with Ervin Santana until 2008 and just start him for home games.

Jason Giambi, though I hate to say so.

Chris Volstad. Let's hope he's Josh Johnson 2.0 in a good way, not Josh Johnson 2.0 in a bad way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:54 pm 

I like the Nat's OF'ers Dukes and Millage a lot.