It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lots of PLAYOFF help neeeded
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:58 pm 

Whelp there goes WHIP...looks like I'm relying on SV now

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:38 pm 

You got Big Z'd, huh? It was still the right move. You had to throw them out there for possible good games.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:36 am 

OK so last day of the season....my championship hopes are going to come down to WHIP...right now I'm winning it 1.36 to 1.38...he has 129.333 IP and I have 90 IP...he has Dice-K and his RP Jensen Lewis, Jenks, and Qualls today...I have Buehrle, and my RP (I currently have Ryan, Fuentes, and Gonzalez in right now)...should I see how Dice-K's first few innings go before deciding to start Buehrle or not? Also which of my RP would u start?

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:43 am 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
OK so last day of the season....my championship hopes are going to come down to WHIP...right now I'm winning it 1.36 to 1.38...he has 129.333 IP and I have 90 IP...he has Dice-K and his RP Jensen Lewis, Jenks, and Qualls today...I have Buehrle, and my RP (I currently have Ryan, Fuentes, and Gonzalez in right now)...should I see how Dice-K's first few innings go before deciding to start Buehrle or not? Also which of my RP would u start?

12 team 5x5 h2h
C-Mauer,1B-AdrianGonzalez,2B-BJ Upton,3B-Encarnacion,SS-Reyes, OF-Rios, Hart,Dunn, UTIL-Tex
SP-Halladay, Zambrano, Billingsley, Carmona,Beckett,Guthrie, Buehrle
RP-BJ Ryan, Fuentes, M. Gonzalez, Ziegler,Ayala
BN-Figgins

Dice-K won't pitch many innings (or any depending on rain). I'd start the RP that you are starting.

EDIT: Realized I didn't answer your Buehrle question. He's a bit of a WHIP killer. I wouldn't start him.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 am 

The Boston game is in rain delay so that sort of ruins my wait and see what Dice-K lowers his WHIP to before deciding to start Buehrle...if Boston can get in a few innings before Buehrle's 2:05 start and Dice-K lowers his WHIP below my 1.36, should I start Buehrle?

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:57 am 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
The Boston game is in rain delay so that sort of ruins my wait and see what Dice-K lowers his WHIP to before deciding to start Buehrle...if Boston can get in a few innings before Buehrle's 2:05 start and Dice-K lowers his WHIP below my 1.36, should I start Buehrle?

Buehrle is dreadful against the Indians. The one thing going for him is this is a must win so Guillen will probably have a very quick hook so you won't get hurt too bad. I wouldn't start him though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:59 am 

OK....I took him out and put in Billingsley and Zambrano in case they get an inning or two of prep work...or should I just bench all my SP?

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:09 am 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
OK....I took him out and put in Billingsley and Zambrano in case they get an inning or two of prep work...or should I just bench all my SP?

Take Zambrano out. You don't want Piniella putting him in for an inning and him giving up 4 runs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:01 pm 

Do I bench Fuentes...I'm still up 1.36 to 1.38 in WHIP....he needs 2 perfect innings from either Qualls, Jensen, or Jenks to tie WHIP (3 to win)...saves don't matter right now

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:17 pm 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
Do I bench Fuentes...I'm still up 1.36 to 1.38 in WHIP....he needs 2 perfect innings from either Qualls, Jensen, or Jenks to tie WHIP (3 to win)...saves don't matter right now

Bench him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next