Lots of PLAYOFF help neeeded

Who to start, who to bench. Grab that WW guy? Low priced rookie or high priced stud?
Get Figgy With It

Re: Lots of PLAYOFF help neeeded

Postby Get Figgy With It » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 pm

should I give up on wins and ks? should i only start RP to try and win WHIP? or is it too early for that

guthrie is on a DL spot so he isn't taking up any room
12 team 5x5 roto
C - Salty, 1B-Miggy, 2B-Kinsler, 3B-Miggy, SS-Hardy, OF-Choo, A. Jones, Pence, UTIL-Puig
SP - Zimmermann, Jose Fernandez, Bailey, Archer, Matt Moore, Shelby Miller, Wood
RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:22 pm

I'd hate to drop Ziegler for Devine because it's an unknown situation as to who would get the saves. Devine should be owned though. I think only going for RPs might be the way to go. Who would you be dropping and who would you be adding?
Grey Albright
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Get Figgy With It

Postby Get Figgy With It » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Well I wouldn't add more RPs unless they also qualify at SP because we have 4 SP, 3 RP spots (no P spots) and I already have 5 RP...I can drop Lanaan...or Carmona
12 team 5x5 roto
C - Salty, 1B-Miggy, 2B-Kinsler, 3B-Miggy, SS-Hardy, OF-Choo, A. Jones, Pence, UTIL-Puig
SP - Zimmermann, Jose Fernandez, Bailey, Archer, Matt Moore, Shelby Miller, Wood
BN - Gattis

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:37 pm

I don't even see Lannan in your signature team. I would drop him and grab Devine.
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Get Figgy With It

Postby Get Figgy With It » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:23 pm

I really need to win WHIP (it's 1.33 to 1.27 and i'm losing right now)...I have Carmona, Buehrle, and Zambrano going today...who do I start?
12 team 5x5 roto
BN - Gattis

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Halladay plus these guys might be the last legit starters you have going this season right? (I'm going off the team in your signature.) Beckett might only go a few innings, if at all. So you have to start all three of these guys. It's your only hope since you can't stream guys with your pickup rules. If they all pitch well, then you have shot, if they don't pitch well... What other choice do you have?
Grey Albright

Get Figgy With It

Postby Get Figgy With It » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Ya basically I'm trying to win all 5 hitting categories then I have to at least tie one of the pitching categories to win the championship...here is our matchup right now

ME - 36 runs, 11 HR, 57 RBI, 3 SB, .297 AVG, 3 W, 8 SV, 57 K, 5.02 ERA, 1.33 WHIP
HIM - 36 runs, 8 HR, 30 RBI, 3 SB, .241 AVG, 7 W, 8 SV, 83 K, 3.60 ERA, 1.27 WHIP

Should I start Figgins or Encarnacion at 3B today? I need some SBs and runs....will figgins play today?
12 team 5x5 roto
BN - Gattis

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:52 pm

I'd start Figgins and hope he plays.
Grey Albright

Get Figgy With It

Postby Get Figgy With It » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:04 pm

OK...here are our starters for the rest of the season...

Me - Carmona, Buehrle, Zambrano, Halladay, Lannan, Beckett, Billingsley @ SF (Sunday)
Him - Maholm, Scherzer, Morrow, Liriano, Dice-K, Webb, Nolasco, Moyer, (noone on Sunday)

WHIP could come down to Billingsley's start on Sunday vs the Giants
12 team 5x5 roto
BN - Gattis

Grey

Postby Grey » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:21 pm

If Billingsley even starts on Sunday, I doubt he goes very deep into the game.
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Lineups, Waivers, Keepers”