It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Booooooo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:42 pm 

From your recaps, I feel like you've had three months in a row that haven't been good.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:58 pm 

there's been good stuff sprinkled in there between all the woe is me stuff. :D there have also been several weeks in which my team rocked (though not necessarily cuz of good breaks).

It's just that I am amazed why the good breaks that the other teams get don't happen to my team. The exact opposite happens 75% (at least) of the time. For example, the 2nd place team, which needs svs for pts, just got another perfect break in the CIN game. Now he will get another save cuz of late inning scoring change. The development cost him a Nolasco win, but he's safe in wins anyway. A sv helps him more than a w.

My team is tops in ERA, WHIP, and K, and yet I struggle in wins, hlds, and svs, the "opportunistic" stats.
--------

The only team playing worse than mine in the last week is the NY Mess. They should just give up and hire a good GM to start over.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:48 pm 

Gonna have to change this smurf whine-o'-day topic to "yaaaaaaaaaaaay" if I can hold off the competition for a few more days!

Was overdue for a good day and finally got it. My K Johnson homers to take a win away from my competitor's spot starter Happ. My Blalock homers to take away a save from the other competitor's ziegler and a win away from G Smith, whom I benched. This is probably my luckiest day of the year. Won't affect the standings much, but at least it feels good to be on the lucky side of things for a change.

Of course, the stupid NY Mess lose again to a team that's playing for nothing, but at least they can still make the playoffs. THey'll have to take down the Marlins again though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:52 pm 

Nice, Smurf. Congrats. About time Lady Luck let you in from the dog house.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm 

I think my team may have just clinched today! 17 hits, 4 steals, 3 homers, and like 12 RBI.

Mike Napoli, of all people, kicking ass with a homer and even a steal.

My only mistake was starting Beltran. I knew he was all banged up, and put him on the bench but chickened out again before the game since he has had great games every time I sat him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm 

Oh, so this is why you went over to the blog. You were euphoric. Congrats if it is clinched.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:30 am 

My team reached its highest pt total since April. I didn't think I could endup gaining so many pts on offense, but my offense has been very good since punting Lee except for a small bad stretch. I can go on cruise control for the rest of the week. Mrs. Smurf will have a happier winter as well. No therapy for the smurfs! hahaha J/k the last one (for now).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 am 

Awesome! Now you'll have time to fix that hole in the mushroom that Mrs. Smurf has been bugging you about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:20 pm 

Damn these stupid Mess. 5-0 nothing lead and still blow it. Tying run on third with 0 outs every inning and can't hit a flyball.

I benched Beltran today. 3 steals! LOL. Last nite I wanted to bench him, didn't, and he goes 0 for 4, and today he goes wild on the bases despite bad ribs and a bum knee. I give him credit though. Good thing it doesn't matter anymore barring a one in a million collapse.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 pm 

Even when it doesn't matter you get sonavabenched huh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next