It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Razzball Commenters League, Vol. ?.3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:44 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

We've got a 4 team race, ladies and gentlemen. Sandlot's Finest has crept into the fray with the J.O.B Squad sneaking through the door as well. No Glove No Love has hope too, just ten points back of first.
Attachment:
standings.JPG
standings.JPG [ 44.1 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]

Attachment:
points.JPG
points.JPG [ 64.27 KiB | Viewed 578 times ]

Attachment:
stats.JPG
stats.JPG [ 74.01 KiB | Viewed 579 times ]

(edit because I forgot the legend)
Legend:
I'm Your Huckleberry - Chet/Doc
Cruisin' KCs - CruisinKc
Dogs of Summer - BSA
Rustic Trumpets - Hank/downpat75
The Schmohawks - Bob
Cocky's Ballas - CockyPhoenix
Chicago's Dick Harden - EndlessSummer
Indifferent Fielders - BaronVonVulturewins
Sandlot's Finest - Chase
No Glove No Love. - Off-White
RodBeck's DoubleWide - IowaCubs
BFH - BigFatHippo (and that F doesn't stand for Fat)
Salty F. Biscuits - SaltyBiscuits
She Said...Fukudome - BJ
The Job Squad - KarlJ
Bacon Bits - p0rk burn

Post subject: Re: Razzball Commenters League, Vol. ?.3
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:53 pm 

I'd say that it looks like if you can catch Rustic in HRs, it might give you the distance you need, but everyone can gain or lose points all over that leader board. I think only IowaCubs is officially eliminated.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:58 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hehe

Hear that Iowa, you've been called out. Post a good picture of Grey in response.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:43 pm 

Lucky 13 here! Wouldn't a one day trade deadline be fun to see what people would do to squeeze blood out of a stone?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:08 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

bsa wrote:
Lucky 13 here! Wouldn't a one day trade deadline be fun to see what people would do to squeeze blood out of a stone?

Not a good idea, I'd imagine we'd all give our best players to the girl. Least I would, I'm a sucker for chicks that dig the long ball.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:09 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I agree with BFH, seems like we have enough people already rooting for my collapse. We don't need to give them ammo to do it with. With that said (its amazing how often people use that, at least the lawyerly crowd. do you need to preface your next statement by reminding people that you just said something before it? You think they aren't listening? If they aren't listening then your next statement is pointless anyways, you might as well say "And here's something else you can ignore". I digress. Where's my Strunk and White anyways, whats the rule with a parenthetical and punctuation, can you actually type a paragraph as a side-bar before going back to your mainpoint? Too bad if you can't, I just did.) The league is looking tight as always. I think I have a 3.5 point lead over the JOB Squad. A full update will be posted tomorrow.

Semirelatedly, I did pass the bar. Go p0rk, its your bar-day. There really isn't any good explanation for my lack of participation the last week or so, I've just been really enjoying my couch. The job hunt is underway and I might have an actual paycheck lined up as soon as tomorrow afternoon. The onus is on me to take what I've been offered but there's that whole pride before the fall thing. So for the two of you that actually care (or even remember the hell that was bar-study for me) fear not, I survived and can now look forward to the interminable drudgery that will be me as a member of the working swine. Oh joy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:15 pm 

Quote:
I agree with BFH, seems like we have enough people already rooting for my collapse. We don't need to give them ammo to do it with. With that said (its amazing how often people use that, at least the lawyerly crowd. do you need to preface your next statement by reminding people that you just said something before it? You think they aren't listening? If they aren't listening then your next statement is pointless anyways, you might as well say "And here's something else you can ignore". I digress. Where's my Strunk and White anyways, whats the rule with a parenthetical and punctuation, can you actually type a paragraph as a side-bar before going back to your mainpoint? Too bad if you can't, I just did.) The league is looking tight as always. I think I have a 3.5 point lead over the JOB Squad. A full update will be posted tomorrow.
I was just thinking we needed an update. Good to hear, we're on it.

S
Quote:
emirelatedly, I did pass the bar. Go p0rk, its your bar-day. There really isn't any good explanation for my lack of participation the last week or so, I've just been really enjoying my couch. The job hunt is underway and I might have an actual paycheck lined up as soon as tomorrow afternoon. The onus is on me to take what I've been offered but there's that whole pride before the fall thing. So for the two of you that actually care (or even remember the hell that was bar-study for me) fear not, I survived and can now look forward to the interminable drudgery that will be me as a member of the working swine. Oh joy.
That's awesome, congrats! Now pretend you found a cockroach in your Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo and sue somebody!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.