It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Booooooo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:04 am 

papasmurf wrote:
It's weird, but it would be better for my team if Lee wasn't so good tonight. A 5 inning, 5 run win is better for my team than even a CG SHO, especially since he only has a few K's. I am running low in innings remaining and I am safe in WHIP and ERA. A couple of free innings could be critical.

That's how I feel on Hamels. I need him to get the win and get knocked out in the fifth.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 am 

Hamels is matching up with a struggling Parra so it looks good on paper, but since Hamels is on my team too... ya never know.

Last night Peavy and Lee used up 16+ inningss, but only K'ed 6 and got 1 win, so it was a only mediocre for my team's situation. I really have to seriously consider benching Peavy since he rarely wins (almost benched him last time vs. MIL but held off), but then the teams he's due to face are bad... if only SD wasn't even worse.

PS, I am benching Milledge today to cut back on games played. If you got him, start him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:27 am 

papasmurf wrote:
I really have to seriously consider benching Peavy since he rarely wins (almost benched him last time vs. MIL but held off), but then the teams he's due to face are bad... if only SD wasn't even worse.

I understand that completely.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:32 pm 

D-Backs must stand for Douche Bags. They might as well forfeit the season.

Two more bad breaks for my team. The 2nd place team gets two huge breaks, getting saves from Soria in a 6 run game entering bot. 9. Then Tony Pena shows he's ready for vacation, and gives a save to Cordero. That team can reasonably gain as many as 5 more pts in saves (more if things break 100% his way) depending on how many his 5 closers pick up in the remaining days... the way things break right for him, he could get 25 more easily. Saves and K's will determine whether he passes me or not.

At least Milledge didn't drive in 7 from the bench... and Derrek Lee didn;t have a chance to sap life out of my lineup... success!
------

Booya! My offense went thru a 2 week hibernation, but since I got rid of useless D Lee from my lineup, things have been looking up. I count 17 hits today for the 2nd time this week. The team chasing me got 2 more saves as close games broke his way late again,but if my offense can stay out of another funk, my team is in pretty good shape.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:12 pm 

Oh man, 17 hits yesterday, down to 5 today. I guess I had to expect a bounce back.

Kuroda, Aceves (whatever his name is), and Lannan have held 6 of my 9 hitters hitless.

The man I despise, Derrek Lee, turns out to have the best game of my team on the bench. I knew Lee had the better matchup today than Laroche, but he's had so many easy matchups this year and did nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm 

You benching Derrek Lee was just the kick in the rear he needed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:51 am 

Wow I see that the 2nd place team (formerly third) got 4 saves today. Looked at the boxscores and 3 of them featured late inning scoring in the 8th to produce saves (OAK, KC, PIT). The 4th one was a come from behind save (CIN). I usually don't even get 4 saves like that in a month. My team's lead has gone from 15pts to 8 in 2 days, and it should be even smaller after today.

Man these teams chasing mine get white hot. First it was a team that played at an elite level for 6-8 weeks and caught all the good breaks possible in addition to playing great. That team's now fallen back as its luck started evening out, but it's replaced by an even more dangerous team with more upside. 12+ hits and 4, 5 homers almost everyday and it's gaining ground really fast. For example, KC had a 5-0 lead in the 8th, but Alexei Ramirez, who he owns, hits a 2 run jack and gets his Soria a save, so everything broke perfectly for him.

I can only hope his luck evens out a little bit in the final week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 am 

8 points is a lot to make up in one week. Even with everything breaking right.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:00 am 

My lead has shrunk to 7 from 15 in 3 days. There are still many pts up for grabs as teams are bunched together in most categories. With all the things that's happened this year and happened on the final day last season, I am probably paranoid but I don't feel secure with the lead at all the way his team has seemingly come out of no where in the last 3-4 weeks. My team last year did what his team is doing now, and got within 1 pt on the last day, and ran into a brick wall. Maybe his team will run out of gas too. It's hard to keep it up everyday.

Hoping for a good day today...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:17 pm 

Wow, what a disaster. Mets lost. I picked up Blalock but didn't have the balls to start him for Laroche since the last time I sat Laroche, against Billingsley, he hit 2 homers and drove in 5. Also chickened out and started Mclouth instead of Byrd. Cost myself 3 hits, a crucial homer and 3 huge RBI. I even know the right play is to go with the TEX hitters since Oswalt has outpitched Lackey lately but whenever I go by the book this year, I lose anyway.

Padres scored runs in the 8th and took away a HLD (another familiar scenario) from Bell. The team chasing me in wins got wins out of all 3 starters and has 5 wins in 3 days.

Only good thing about this is Dempster won so I lose half a pt in wins instead of one full pt. 4 straight bad days so I am due for a good one tomorrow... ha...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next