It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 4th and 5th Pitchers for 2 week period
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Period starts Monday the 15th.

Right now I have:

SP- Lackey
SP- Peavy
RP-Rivera
RP- Broxton or B. Wilson
P- Myers
P-?
P-?

On my bench are Scherzer (no expected starts), Nolasco (HOU, @CIN, @NYM), Garza (MIN, @BAL, @DET), Marcum (BAL, BOS, @BAL) and Lester (@TOR, CLE). Barring any crappy developments, I plan to use Nolasco and Garza. Does that seem right?

Also, if it looks like my h2h competition will not have all 5 starters starting 3 times, should I sit Garza or Nolasco and pitch Lester instead?

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Post subject: Re: 4th and 5th Pitchers for 2 week period
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:54 pm 

royce! wrote:
Period starts Monday the 15th.

Right now I have:

SP- Lackey
SP- Peavy
RP-Rivera
RP- Broxton or B. Wilson
P- Myers
P-?
P-?

On my bench are Scherzer (no expected starts), Nolasco (HOU, @CIN, @NYM), Garza (MIN, @BAL, @DET), Marcum (BAL, BOS, @BAL) and Lester (@TOR, CLE). Barring any crappy developments, I plan to use Nolasco and Garza. Does that seem right?

Also, if it looks like my h2h competition will not have all 5 starters starting 3 times, should I sit Garza or Nolasco and pitch Lester instead?

I would go with Lester instead of Garza because Garza seems like he can't put back-to-back starts together anyway.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:16 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Good point, and so strange (and consistent!) on his part. Although if he pitches in his regular pattern, I should be able to get two great and one sub-par starts. But that would be putting way too much faith in his pattern.

Another Q re: the same period. Markakis and Fielder are really dragging down my offense. About a week ago you stated that you would never bench Prince. Do you still feel that way? Aviles, Swisher, Overbay, Ian Stewart, Pablo Sandoval and Uribe are available.

As far as Markakis is concerned, I also am benching Victorino, so he could take his place, but he's playing like ass as well. And so is Kemp, another of my OFs. So I have 5 OF spots, and right now have Kemp, Markakis, Granderson, Hamilton, Victorino, Nelson Cruz, and Rios. Hamilton, Granderson and Rios are obviously in, but who should I trust for the other 2 spots? Cruz is extremely tempting... while TEX only plays 12 games in the relevant period, 9 of em are at home.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 pm 

Quote:
Good point, and so strange (and consistent!) on his part. Although if he pitches in his regular pattern, I should be able to get two great and one sub-par starts. But that would be putting way too much faith in his pattern.

Another Q re: the same period. Markakis and Fielder are really dragging down my offense. About a week ago you stated that you would never bench Prince. Do you still feel that way? Aviles, Swisher, Overbay, Ian Stewart, Pablo Sandoval and Uribe are available.

I hate benching my top guys. Most of the time by the time you get the guy to your bench, he's hitting again. If you're in your H2H playoffs, and it's a now or never type scenario, you have to do what you have to do. I wouldn't bench them. With that said, Overbay's been hot. I wouldn't switch them out for longer than a day or two at a time. So if this is a weekly league, I wouldn't bench Prince for a week. But by the 15th, maybe Prince will be out of his funk.

Quote:
As far as Markakis is concerned, I also am benching Victorino, so he could take his place, but he's playing like ass as well. And so is Kemp, another of my OFs. So I have 5 OF spots, and right now have Kemp, Markakis, Granderson, Hamilton, Victorino, Nelson Cruz, and Rios. Hamilton, Granderson and Rios are obviously in, but who should I trust for the other 2 spots? Cruz is extremely tempting... while TEX only plays 12 games in the relevant period, 9 of em are at home.

Can we check in closer to the 15th to see if any of these guys break out? Cause Kemp's about to go to Coors. I'd like to see what he does there.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:58 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yeah, it can totally wait until then... no one's going anywhere.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:52 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Now that Marcum's had a couple of brilliant starts in a row, should I start him instead of Lester? I think Marcum's facing BAL (Liz), BOS or NYY (the latter seems more likely), and BAL away.

Marcum's stat line from tonight 7.1 IP, 2.45 ERA, .82 WHIP, 6K, 1BB. The runs resulted from him leaving with 1 out in the eighth and runners on 1st and 2nd, and apparently Downs gave up a double and a homer.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:45 pm 

Marcum for three? Sure, that seems fair.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:25 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Brian Roberts has been spewing muddy torrents on my otherwise sparkling team lately... His September splits are rotten, too, so should I drop him for Asdrubel, who will spew less despite his name, or Kelly Johnson, or just keep him in and hope he decides to reject his past and play great for the rest of September?

Also, b/c of the idea that my roster is not set for the entire two week period, I'm beginning to look at possible 2 start streamers. What do you think of: Parr (PHI and NYM), S. Lewis (MIN and DET) and Volstad (HOU and PHI)? Any worth a flier if my opponent has a bunch of 2 starters? Volstad has been really good against both PHI and NYM. All three are really risky, but Volstad seems the most reliable.

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:32 pm 

royce! wrote:
Brian Roberts has been spewing muddy torrents on my otherwise sparkling team lately... His September splits are rotten, too, so should I drop him for Asdrubel, who will spew less despite his name, or Kelly Johnson, or just keep him in and hope he decides to reject his past and play great for the rest of September?

Also, b/c of the idea that my roster is not set for the entire two week period, I'm beginning to look at possible 2 start streamers. What do you think of: Parr (PHI and NYM), S. Lewis (MIN and DET) and Volstad (HOU and PHI)? Any worth a flier if my opponent has a bunch of 2 starters? Volstad has been really good against both PHI and NYM. All three are really risky, but Volstad seems the most reliable.

As long as you don't need the occasional steal from Roberts, I'd drop him for Kelly Johnson.

I'd agree with Volstad and would go with him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:50 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Well, this is my current lineup:

C- Shoppach
1B- Teixeira
2B- B Roberts
3B- Wright
SS- Hanley
IF- Fielder
OF- Rios
OF- Hamilton
OF- Kemp
OF- Granderson
UTIL- Markakis
BN- Nelson Cruz
BN- Victorino

So I think I should be okay on steals, although the players I expect to get em haven't done so this week (Roberts and Hamilton each have one).

C- Martin
1B- Rizzo
2B- Pedroia
3B- Miggy
SS- Zobrist
IF- Cuddyer
OF- Heyward
OF- Joyce
OF- Ethier
OF- Kelly Johnson
UTIL- Berkman
BN- Dee Gordon
BN- Frazier
DL= Ajax

SP-Zimmermann
SP-Peavy
RP-Chapman
RP-Holland
RP-Bell
RP-A. Bailey
P-Ryu
P-Cobb
P-Odorizzi
BN-McCarthy
BN- Milone
BN-Wheeler
BN-Gausman
DL- Lewis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next