It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Lots of PLAYOFF help neeeded
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:08 am 

OK...so I'm in the semi's for the playoffs in my h2h 5x5 league and after 3 days I am losing 6-4....tie breaker is ERA in yahoo...I am wondering what sort of stuff should I do for the next 3-4 days to pull off the win....all help needed (mainly with hitters)....here is the score breakdown

R HR RBI SB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP
Get Figgy With It 10 3 12 4 .253 1 3 29 4.55 1.41 -4
Cravin' Dogs 17 7 24 3 .220 3 1 23 3.11 1.09 -6

He benched his pitchers for the time being because he wants to keep hold of ERA and WHIP and win 3 hitting categories so he can win 5-5 with the tiebreaker at the least...assuming I can get wins, saves, and Ks, I need to take 3 hitting categories....I will win SB and then hopefully AVG...that leaves me with one more hitting category to win....any suggestions of a FA move I should make for the FRI-SUN games to try to target one of the R/HR/RBI categories? I have 1 FA add left for the week...our lineups are below

HIM
C- R. Mart, 1B- Ortiz, 2B- Yunel, 3B- Miggy C., SS-S. Drew, OF- Victorino, Manny, Pence, BN- Rowand, Mora
SP-Danks, Saunders, Slowey, Lilly, Campillo, Parra, Lincecum
RP-Hoffman, Percival, Hanrahan

I know his team is garbage but he has 7 HR already this week...I need to make the comeback somehow

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Post subject: Re: Lots of PLAYOFF help neeeded
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 am 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
C-Mauer,1B-AdrianGonzalez,2B-BJ Upton,3B-Encarnacion,SS-Reyes, OF-Rios, Hart,Dunn, UTIL-Tex
SP-Halladay, Zambrano, Maine, Billingsley, Carmona,Beckett,Guthrie, Buehrle
RP-BJ Ryan, Fuentes, M. Gonzalez, Ziegler,Ayala
BN-Figgins

OK...so I'm in the semi's for the playoffs in my h2h 5x5 league and after 3 days I am losing 6-4....tie breaker is ERA in yahoo...I am wondering what sort of stuff should I do for the next 3-4 days to pull off the win....all help needed (mainly with hitters)....here is the score breakdown

R HR RBI SB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP
Get Figgy With It 10 3 12 4 .253 1 3 29 4.55 1.41 -4
Cravin' Dogs 17 7 24 3 .220 3 1 23 3.11 1.09 -6

He benched his pitchers for the time being because he wants to keep hold of ERA and WHIP and win 3 hitting categories so he can win 5-5 with the tiebreaker at the least...assuming I can get wins, saves, and Ks, I need to take 3 hitting categories....I will win SB and then hopefully AVG...that leaves me with one more hitting category to win....any suggestions of a FA move I should make for the FRI-SUN games to try to target one of the R/HR/RBI categories? I have 1 FA add left for the week...our lineups are below

HIM
C- R. Mart, 1B- Ortiz, 2B- Yunel, 3B- Miggy C., SS-S. Drew, OF- Victorino, Manny, Pence, BN- Rowand, Mora
SP-Danks, Saunders, Slowey, Lilly, Campillo, Parra, Lincecum
RP-Hoffman, Percival, Hanrahan

I know his team is garbage but he has 7 HR already this week...I need to make the comeback somehow

Wow, I was with you up until the 'only one FA left this week' part. That makes things very difficult and really tough to stream anything. Actually, streaming is impossible.

I don't want to give you false promises, so I'm going to be frank. You're in a bad situation.
Hopefully Rios's HR yesterday is a good sign and maybe he'll chip in a few HRs this week.

As for who to grab, you need to give me some options. All leagues are different as to who is available. Since we have all day to hash this out, we're in good shape. Just give me some potentials. Right now the boldest move I can think of is dropping Mauer for Teagarden and hoping for four more HRs this week. (<--I'm not completely joking with that. But that might affect your average which you're not really in control of either.) Okay, give me some possibilities.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:37 pm 

C- V-Mart, Yadier Molina, Snyder, Suzuki, Laird, Navarro, Teagarden
1B- Swisher, Overbay, Laroche, Millar, Hinske, Thames, Garko, Konerko
2B- Weeks, Scutaro, Casilla, Durham, Harris, Blum, Ellis
3B- Kouzmanoff, Bill Hall, Ian Stewart (also 2B), Feliz
OF- Werth, Ethier, Cameron, C. Young, Cust, Scott, Ross, Guillen

I just read that Figgins could miss a couple more days with his injury....BJ Upton might come back tomorrow

As you know, some of those players I mentioned have multiple position eligibilty in Yahoo

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:01 pm 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
C- V-Mart, Yadier Molina, Snyder, Suzuki, Laird, Navarro, Teagarden
1B- Swisher, Overbay, Laroche, Millar, Hinske, Thames, Garko, Konerko
2B- Weeks, Scutaro, Casilla, Durham, Harris, Blum, Ellis
3B- Kouzmanoff, Bill Hall, Ian Stewart (also 2B), Feliz
OF- Werth, Ethier, Cameron, C. Young, Cust, Scott, Ross, Guillen

I just read that Figgins could miss a couple more days with his injury....BJ Upton might come back tomorrow

As you know, some of those players I mentioned have multiple position eligibilty in Yahoo

Well, you can't fill in for Hart and fix your problem at 2nd. I suggest you hope Upton comes back tomorrow (which he might because the Rays are fighting for a playoff spot), drop Figgins and grab Ethier.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 pm 

Who do I sit for Ethier?

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:15 pm 

Hart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:13 pm 

I just read that Upton won't be returning this Friday. Those 2nd basemen on your waiver wire are pretty yawnstipating, but I'd probably switch to Weeks from Figgins, rather than the drop of Figgins for Ethier. Though, if you read this too late and stay with the plan to play Ethier and punt 2nd. In reality, you don't get much from your 2nd baseman anyway, so it's not death.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:30 am 

I might be taking a new strategy for the last 3 days...my opponent benched all his players in hopes to keep ERA and WHIP but I brought mine down considerably and I could get them lower than his with a few solid starts this weekend...do I pickup a SP in hopes of a good start to try and win ERA and WHIP? here are the scores right now

R HR RBI SB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP SCORE
ME 13 5 16 4 .284 1 4 35 4.11 1.34 4
Opponent 23 8 29 3 .248 3 1 23 3.11 1.09 6

I have billingsley today, Carmona, guthrie, and cambrano tomorrow, and halladay at boston on sunday

BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:34 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Get Figgy With It wrote:
I have billingsley today, Carmona, guthrie, and cambrano tomorrow, and halladay at boston on sunday

Hate to papasmurf your lineup, but Zambrano's next start is up in the air - MLB has already postponed today and tomorrow's Cubs/Astros games. Sunday may end up postponed, too. Even if it's not, we can't count on Zambrano starting on Sunday.

You going to start Carmona? He killed me earlier this week @ Baltimore. Just like he's been killing me in 2/3 of his starts this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:37 pm 

Get Figgy With It wrote:
I might be taking a new strategy for the last 3 days...my opponent benched all his players in hopes to keep ERA and WHIP but I brought mine down considerably and I could get them lower than his with a few solid starts this weekend...do I pickup a SP in hopes of a good start to try and win ERA and WHIP? here are the scores right now

R HR RBI SB AVG W SV K ERA WHIP SCORE
ME 13 5 16 4 .284 1 4 35 4.11 1.34 4
Opponent 23 8 29 3 .248 3 1 23 3.11 1.09 6

Guthrie's being skipped again and probably won't be worth anything the rest of the year.

I agree with Peter on Carmona.

I'm assuming Cambrano is Zambrano and he's not starting either.

So you have Billingsley and Halladay, great options but they're not in the best places for success, Coors and Fenway. They should be all right though, I'm just saying to keep expectations in order. Will they be enough to lower your ERA and WHIP enough? I don't think so, but I'm not sure on your innings. You're not far off on HRs, can't you boost that a bit more? And pray for RBIs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next