It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Booooooo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:24 am 

papasmurf wrote:
... my luck in poker seems wonderful compared to fantasy ball.

That's good that Lady Luck doesn't follow you to the green felt.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:09 pm 

It's like the Phils try to lose when Hamels is on the mound. I do want the Mets to win, but how could the Phils play well over the first 2 games and then kick the ball around like they have a 17 game lead when Hamels pitches?

If Hamels doesn't get a win, I'd rather have him beaten around to save on innings, and yet the two hitters I own Wright and Beltran come up empty with the bags juiced.

A Johan W hurts my team in the standings but I'd rather have a Met win here since they absolutely choked against Myers and Moyer.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 pm 

Heath Bell. I needed that HLD badly. He could have done this yesterday when it wouldn't have mattered at all.

Meanwhile, the 2nd place team gets a BS from wheeler but gets a win anyway, yet again. He must have close to 10 of these wins. 1 for me.

No way it happens in the SD game though. At least I have Broxton... unless he implodes too...

My team is stinking it up down the stretch. Mclouth looked like he could party like it was APR and gimme a big boost but unfortunately got hurt and it's unlikely he will be a big factor down the stretch. Thome, Aviles, Wright, all choking at the wrong time. Falling way behind and getting passed by in HRs & RBIs. In a tight battle for pts in BA and OBP as well, with now two rivals hot on my trail for the title.

I am bulldozing my way thru shipments of smurf glue the way it's going. Gonna need to order more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:55 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I hear ya bro. I have Bell too.

Although I also have Kuo and Broxton. Was hoping that Kuo would come on in the bottom of the 8th and Brox would close it out.

Now I'm just hoping that the Dodgers don't score a bunch and that one of my Dodger guys can get a save.

My Bell pain was eased a little by my opponent's Brian Wilson...

Update: Well - they did score a bunch - thanks to my Andre Ethier.

Crikey.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:54 pm 

Steve, you own Ethier so that's a pretty good consolation prize, unless you need saves more than RBI. My team is in the opposite situation. Fairly set in saves but need RBIs to gain pts, and desperately needing HLDs. Bell and Bucholtz have really killed me in the last few days.

For me, the team I am chasing in RBI owns Ethier, of course. He has almost more RBI by himself than my entire "offense." So basically the worst possible scenario happened in that SD game for my team yet again.

I just had a bad feeling all year that those missed stats would hurt me, then it looked for a month like it might not, but now things don't look good at all. It's only a matter of time until I lose first unless my offense gains pts, but of course, it has stunk lately. I managed to delay the slide for a couple of days by picking up K Johnson, Belliard, and Guzman, but they are not the answer. I need the regulars to hit.

The only thing to go well today for me was benching Dempster, and a Beltran homer. I didn't even pick up Cody Ross because Mclouth came back so fast or I could have had another homer today.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm 

Milledge rips two shots, both caught. Sickening.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:12 pm 

Yeah, Milledge's shots looked good off the bat.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:19 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

papasmurf wrote:
Milledge rips two shots, both caught. Sickening.

Oh crap, you own Milledge, papasmurf?

Well, Lastings, it was luke-warm while it lasted. But it's time to cut you. Papasmurf's a cooler.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:41 pm 

Wow, I never realized that. You're totally right. Papasmurf is the cooler.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

He needs to post his roster and all his add/drops here so we can all do the opposite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next