It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: FANTASY FOOTBALL FORUM, RAZZBALL STYLE
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:57 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hope you don't mind Grey. Let's keep it right here and we'll be on your site year round. You don't have to do a damn thing but enjoy your winter. And maybe get some Pina Coladas if it works.

Anybody with football questions can address them here. I'll be around to answer, discuss, argue, bullshit, bitch, and generally make an ass of myself. So feel free to comment or curse me for my advice.

Week 1 Buys (these are guys that may be in your free agent pool, cause obviously nobody's trading this early in the year)

Vincent Jackson
Anthony Fasano
Jake Delhomme
Chris Johnson
Kevin Walter
Any Running Back against Detroit D

And if you can hoodwink an idiot, trade for Matt Forte.

10 team Roto

Post subject: Re: FANTASY FOOTBALL FORUM, RAZZBALL STYLE
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:18 pm 

Sounds good to me. I'll make a proper section.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:12 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Good move BFH, but I take issue with a few of your picks. Chris Johnson shouldn't have been undrafted in any leagues. Forgive me if I'm skewed on this because I play in a 14 team league. I drafted both Chris Johnson and Felix Jones. Jones was a 7th round pick and Johnson was in the 10th. Suckers. Im a Cowboys fan and I feel like a traitor for saying it, but I sort of wish Barber sits on Monday. Give him the day off and put in Felix. I don't think we'll need Barber to beat the Eagles.

By the way, is this your way of shifting gears after throwing in the towel in the RCL? For some reason everybody got pretty quiet lately.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

p0rk burn wrote:
Good move BFH, but I take issue with a few of your picks. Chris Johnson shouldn't have been undrafted in any leagues. Forgive me if I'm skewed on this because I play in a 14 team league. I drafted both Chris Johnson and Felix Jones. Jones was a 7th round pick and Johnson was in the 10th. Suckers. Im a Cowboys fan and I feel like a traitor for saying it, but I sort of wish Barber sits on Monday. Give him the day off and put in Felix. I don't think we'll need Barber to beat the Eagles.

By the way, is this your way of shifting gears after throwing in the towel in the RCL? For some reason everybody got pretty quiet lately.

No way did I throw in the towel, did you see how I didn't start Anibel Sanchez last night and gained 2 1/2???????????????

Realistically my team didn't stand a chance after the first month.

Agree with Johnson, he was drafted in both my 12 team money leagues. He is a guy to trade for though, guess I should have broken it down by Pick Ups and Trades. Johnson wasn't started in either league so that tells me he can be had.

Be the 1st kid on your block to trade for Chris and we'll throw in these amazing x-ray glasses............

You're actually higher on Fasano than I am, and VJ will be a beast this year, especially in games where Gates is banged up.

One guy I meant to add to the list is Eddie Royal, I actually picked him up before week 1 but didn't start him. Dumbass!!!! Cost me a win.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:37 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

For full disclosure I am a Cowboys fan so that might account for some of the Fasano buzz. Even with that said, people down here fully expect him to be the go-to-guy. It makes sense if you think about it. Pennington is trash, his receivers are trash, his line is trash, and he doesnt have an arm. All of that means big numbers for the tight end whether it be as a planned target or a checkdown. Mark p0rk's words.

Re: Royal
The one weakness on my team would be WR. I ran out of time while drafting and picked up Chambers instead of letting the autodraft pick for me. It didnt look so bad on Sunday with that TD but it remains to be seen how much that will cost me. My 3rd option is Donte Stallworth. Obviously now thats a vacuum. I'm hopeful he'll produce once he's back in it. Royal was drafted pretty late and now that owner is looking pretty smart. I'm thinking about trying to flip Felix or Johnson for him but I doubt the guy will bite.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:14 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Makes sense, I added Fasano in both leagues Sunday. Tuna always did like Tight Ends (Mark Bavaro anyone?) and he's got some chemistry with Pennington. Don't count out Pennington having a good year, he set the record for accuracy didn't he? That bodes well for his TE.

As for Royal, I'll confess, lifelong Bronco fan and Cowboy hater here. But man did Eddie look good and make DeAngelo Hall look sick. Been a Raider Hater for a long time too, got the shirt to prove it.

Also, I can't seem to hate the Cowboys as much anymore. Romo is from my Alma Mater, EIU, as is Mike Shanahan and Sean Peyton. Peyton was the QB there my freshman year. Go Saints.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:19 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Wow. Now I know how non-fantasy baseball readers must read when they go to a fantasy baseball site.

"ISO? What?"
"BABIP? You're crazy!"
"Pick Up Eugenio Velez? Isn't he that hooker we met when we went to Tiajuana?"

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:34 am 

IowaCubs wrote:
Wow. Now I know how non-fantasy baseball readers must read when they go to a fantasy baseball site.

My sentiments exactly, but you guys play nice.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:40 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I confess that I'm actually taking part in a fantasy football league this season. I'm doing it so that perhaps it'll help me learn more about FBB strategies and make me a more well rounded fantasy individual. It will also give me something else to do at work when I'm pretending to be working.

I still don't know a damn thing about football, but it all pretty much is the same shit as FBB, just more on a weekly basis and less of a daily grind. I went out and drafted a pretty sweet lineup, or so it seemed in the first week, when I destroyed my competition with my McNabb/Parker/Forte/Bush/Ward/Calvin combo. Damn it feels good to be a gangster.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 am 

I don't know football players.

Are they called players? Or is there a special name for them?