It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Good Pitching Matchups - Week 24
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:30 am 

http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 pm 

We were all agreed that Maddux is a solid choice on Monday. I'm looking at Tuesday possibilites at this point and I see two:

Vincente Padilla (fresh off DL) at hapless Mariners
Jeremy Guthrie at Cleveland

Not that Indians qualify as a weaker hitting team, but I'm thinking Guthrie going into Jacobs Field against the team that drafted him in the 1st round ... ?

Thoughts or corrections?

Big Mike
Savannah

“You win pennants in the off season when you build your teams with trades and free agents.” –Earl Weaver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:24 am 

Is this an either situation? I'd go Padilla then Guthrie. I usually love Guthrie, but I'm afraid he might have hit a wall for IP. If you must, go with them both. Guthrie should be fine, I'm just trying to be safe than sorry.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I was going to ask the group which of these was the better matchup, but let's just go w/ which is bad, worse, worser, worst.

Johnny Cueto @ Arizona
Pedro vs. Atlanta (though I wonder if he gets skipped)
Brandon Morrow @ LAA
Verlander @ CHW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:17 pm 

I'd go with Morrow, Cueto, Verlander, Pedro. That's from best to worst.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:23 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Nice. Thanks, Grey.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:19 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Scott Olsen is starting at home against the Nats tomorrow. Olsen has looked bad, but it is the Nats. And he does still have a 3.33 ERA at home. And the Nats are sending Shairon Martis to the mound.

Is Olsen worth a start?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 pm 

The Nats haven't been that much of a pushover recently. I wouldn't touch Olsen, Nats or nots <--hehe).