It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Games Played Limits
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:37 pm 

So I'm ganna pop my posting cherry with a newbish question. I've never been on a league at ESPN and wanted to know how the games played limits effect your strategy. Draft strategy and in-season strategy alike. I want to say hitters aren't affected, but during the draft I'd draft 6 starters and 3 relievers to fill out the positions. I'd fill out my bench with hitters since I'd be streaming hitters throughout the season. Which leads to my in-season strategy of constantly revolving subpar hitters by streaming them. I think it's more effective then trying to stream relievers since you never know if you will pitch that day.

So those are my thoughts. I'd appreciate some feedback from those who have played at ESPN on what works. If you don't wanna share your experience that’s fine, just trying to be ahead of the learning curve.

Post subject: Re: Games Played Limits
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:49 pm 

I don't understand your question.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:07 pm 

How does drafting and in-season strategy differ with ESPN's games played limits?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:14 am 

You obviously lose a few players who don't have eligibility, other than that what else could it change?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm 

Guess I'm over thinking it. With no games played maximum for hitters I thought everyone would be streaming hitters.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:28 am 

I think he is asking if your hitters' strategy is different on ESPN as compared to Yahoo where there is a 162-game limit per position.

Personally, I think there is more streaming of hitters on the Monday and Thursday limited schedule days than in Yahoo, but that doesn't mean you need to keep hitters on your bench. You can usually find a good option on the waiver wire for the day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm 

Thanks Vin. That was what I was reffering to.