It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Which 6 to keep for next year?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm 

I have a keeper question. The league is a 10 team roto league. Each team keeps 6 players. The stats are 6X6 including quality starts and doubles. We have no limitations on how long we can keep players. The draft is straight up snake style just losing the first 6 picks so then we essentially start drafting in round 7. Our roster is also standard with just fielding C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3 OF and UTL. Let me know who you think I should keep. Thanks.

Possible Keepers:
Mark Teixiera 1B
Jimmy Rollins SS
Ryan Braun OF
BJ Upton OF
Nick Markakis OF
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Alexei Ramirez 2B, SS, OF
Geovany Soto C

Josh Beckett
Chad Billingsley
Jamie Shields
Justin Verlander

Last edited by cruisinkc on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Which 6 to keep for next year?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:11 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Upton loses 2B eligibility in 2009, right? If so, I'd start by crossing him off the keeper list. I'd much rather keep Markakis (Braun is OF only next year, but keeping him is a no brainer).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:53 pm 

cruisinkc wrote:
I have a keeper question. The league is a 10 team roto league. Each team keeps 6 players. The stats are 6X6 including quality starts and doubles. We have no limitations on how long we can keep players. The draft is straight up snake style just losing the first 6 picks so then we essentially start drafting in round 7. Our roster is also standard with just fielding C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3 OF and UTL. Let me know who you think I should keep. Thanks.

Possible Keepers:
Mark Teixiera 1B
Jimmy Rollins SS
Ryan Braun OF
BJ Upton OF
Nick Markakis OF
Adrian Gonzalez 1B
Alexei Ramirez 2B, SS, OF
Geovany Soto C

Josh Beckett
Chad Billingsley
Jamie Shields
Justin Verlander

Your team is pretty stacked. I'd keep Tex, Rollins, Braun, Upton, Markakis and Soto. Gonzalez is solid but you can get him or someone just like him back if you want him. Alexei looks great but those other guys are the top of their positions, I don't think Alexei is there yet. Beckett's injury crosses him off, I love Shields and Billinglsey, but pitchers are much more risky and you have solid bats. Then Verlander, nah.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:34 pm 

So you think Soto's numbers this year will be about his norm or could even get better in upcoming years? I guess I was debating on Gonzalez, Soto, or Billingsley the most. Gonzalez fills my UTL spot now so I can see not keeping him even though his power numbers are tempting. I've never been a huge fan of keeping SP but I see huge upside in Billingsley but I could easily pick him up in the first couple rounds of the draft. From what I've heard from other owners and looking at teams the draft should be loaded with stud SP. Thanks for your input.

RP C. Perez, R. Perez, Zumaya, Hanrahan, Marmol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm 

I think if Soto is exactly as he was this year, next year -- he would be worth it. I adore Billingsley, but I can't see keeping him over the guys you have there. As I said above, Gonzo is replaceable in the draft.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:53 pm 

Thanks!

RP C. Perez, R. Perez, Zumaya, Hanrahan, Marmol