Blockbuster Trade Evaluation

You wanna trade who for who? Really? Better check that!

Blockbuster Trade Evaluation

Postby JewDog31 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm 4th in my 12 team H2H 8 Category Keeper League. I have ditched FT% to become 1st in the league in Pts, Reb and Blocks. I'm above average in FG%, Assists, and Steals. I'm terrible in FT% and Steals. This lets me win most weeks either 5/3 or 6/2 but I'm susceptible to teams with good guards who shoot a high % from the field (this describes 2 of the 3 teams above me in the standings).

My Team:

PG: Westbrook, Ridnour, Lawson, Chalmers
SG: Batum, TMac
SF: LeBron, Wallace
PF: Amare, Camby, Ed Davis
C: Dwight, Brook Lopez, Cousins

I've been trying to get Rondo all season and was recently offered the following trade:

I get:
Pau Gasol

He gets:

There's no question that I reject this trade but I'm working to put together a counter offer.

I was thinking something like:

Javale McGee

I'm not sure this is maximizing Westbrook or Amare's value but it should help my team in 3s, FG%, and Assists while not damaging it too much in any category but FT%. I don't like that I'm giving up the two best players in this deal or that I'm trading away top assets for lesser assets (we keep 8 for next year so I would have trouble keeping everyone that I would want).

Do you think this is a good starting point?

His team is:

PG: Rondo, Mo Williams, Brandon Jennings
SG: Bellinelli, DeRozan, Fernandez
SF: Pierce, Mike Miller
PF: Millsap, Amir Johnson, Troy Murphy
C: Javale McGee, Pau, Noah
12 Team, Head to Head, 5 x 5, Keeper League.

C - Russel Martin, Matt Weiters
2B - Gordon Beckham, Chone Figgins, Aaron Hill (DL)
3B - Evan Longoria, Chipper Jones
SS - Troy Tuowitzki
OF - Colby Rasmus, Hunter Pence, Ichiro Suzuki, Rajai Davis, Coco Crisp, Logan Morrison (DL)
SP - Josh Johnson, Josh Beckett, Brett Anderson, Francisco Liriano, Jordan Zimermann, Justin Masterson, Travis Wood, Brandon McCarthy
RP - Chris Perez, Brandon League, John Rauch

Return to “Basketball - Trade Talk”