It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Ty Lawson
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:02 pm 

So all signs point to him taking on a bigger role in Denver. I've been holding onto Delfino for what seems like forever and am getting tired of him taking up space. Should i continue to be patient with this guy? Also, John Salmons has been sucking but he's not a droppable player in a 12 team league, right?

The only other player i could drop right now is DeJuan Blair. My team is leading the league in rebounds (thanks Kevin Love) and that seems to be Blair's specialty, so i guess he's expendable. Mainly i need more points, good percentages, and steals/blocks. Blair is obviously the only guy that could provide blocks but that doesn't seem to be one of his strengths, altho he's actually pretty good with steals.

I'm not sure which of these guys is the best guy to have going forward. I beat the first place team last week so i know my team can compete for a trophy, i just want to help ensure that happens.

So my questions are: Hold onto Delfino, Blair, and Salmons? or Drop one of those guys and grab Lawson? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Ty Lawson
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 pm 

Anybody want to take a stab at this one? Should i still be holding on to Delfino?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:52 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Can you work a trade or do you want to make moves now? What is your record and your standing?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm 

I'm in 4th place, 32-20-2, and 6.5 games behind the first place team. It's a public league and some of these guys aren't checking their lineups. I've offered a few trades and none of them have been rejected or accepted.

I like my chances of making the playoffs, and if Delfino gets healthy at some point he could help out down the stretch. It's not like my team is built around him or anything, but it's getting frustrating and tough to tell what i should expect from him the rest of the way.

I watched some of the Nuggets game tonight and Lawson looks like a pretty solid player. I could use some more scoring right now because Wall has been so up and down that i've been carrying 2 injured players at times lately. I was thinking about cutting DeJuan Blair for Lawson but Blair's been on an upswing of late. Even tho they do different things i hate cutting a guy that's contributing.

I'm thinking i should probably just hold Delfino at least for a while longer, but it's hard to say. What do you think? Hold on to him until it becomes apparent he's gonna be worthless all year? Or take a gamble on some upside and hope Delfino doesn't come back to haunt me later?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:11 am 

Screw it. I just cut Delfino. It felt good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 pm 

Yeah, no need to hang onto Delfino. There's no timetable when he'll return and when he does return he'll be wearing a helmet. Your guess is as good as mine on how that will work out. As it is, he's lost his starting job on a team that was flush with SF-types anyway.

Lawson, on the other hand, was handed the kings to the Nuggets kingdom this week, as he'll replace Billups for anywhere between 3 games to perhaps 6 weeks (if Billups needs surgery). Even if Delfino was healthy, I'd rather own Tyny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 pm 

Odd. I'd cut Blair or Salmons way before I'd cut Delfino, and none of those three guys is even close to being in Lawson's league as a fanatsy prospect this year.