It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:47 pm 

The 2nd place team chasing my team owns both James and Scot Shields. My league counts HLDs.

Angels up 2-1 heading into the 8th, S Shields in. Shields loads the bases with no outs on 2 walks and an error. He then fans Upton and gets replaced with the lead intact.

I am getting a familiar feeling at this point cuz I have seen good things happen to his team so often. Of course Oliver blows it. J Shields picks up the win to pass my team in wins, and S Shields gets a HLD too to get within one of my team in HLDs.

I can respect either a J Shields win OR a S Shields HLD, but both??? Cmon. If it was my team, no doubt S Shields would have allowed the tie, so I get neither a win nor a hold.

Last edited by papasmurf on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Booooooo
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:57 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Wow - that's something you don't see very often.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:14 pm 

Only to you, Smurf.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 pm 

To add insult to injury, the Rox scored like 75 runs in the 8th to take a HLD away from Bucholtz for the 2nd time this week. What's worse, they didn't score until after Corpas had pitched and racked up a HLD. Corpas pitches for another team that is now also just one HLD in back of my team (IF his other RPs didn't pick up any HLDs. I don't wanna check). Exact same shit happened the last time.

How come this never happens to the 2nd place team? I have been checking his players too since it's a close race, but I haven't seen anything like it. In fact the exact opposite happens. He gets HLD and SV opportunities created late in games. For example, S Shields stinks, but that only creates a sv opp for KROD. KROD blows a save, but he only wins it in the next half inning. If he managed his RPs better, he'd be at least 5 HLDs ahead of me.

I guess Lady Luck's new man dumped her double chins so she's back to taking out her rage on poor smurf over here. It wasn't even my fault she did nothing but eat ding dongs for 20 years on the couch watching Oprah. I feel like I am sitting in a house of cards and hurricane fay is on her way...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:34 am 

papasmurf wrote:
I guess Lady Luck's new man dumped her double chins so she's back to taking out her rage on poor smurf over here. It wasn't even my fault she did nothing but eat ding dongs for 20 years on the couch watching Oprah. I feel like I am sitting in a house of cards and hurricane fay is on her way...

Have you thought about talking out your differences with her? Maybe she's not as heartless as you believe.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 pm 

I don't think that'd help. As I recall, I originally offended her like this:

She was like:"Smurf how do you stay so fit? How do you keep the weight off as you age? Aren't you like 500 years old?"

I was like:"Well I am only a foot tall, I really can't gain much weight no matter what I eat."

She then got all mad and was like:"I hate you, you showoff! I put a curse on you. No little blue men will have any good luck playing fantasy baseball!"

--------
I lost another pt in HLDs already, lousy Denys Reyes couldn't get one out, and the other team already got a HLD.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:24 pm 

She sounds vindictive, for sure, but maybe a box of chocolates?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 pm 

She might think I am hitting on her if I give her chocolate. Better not risk it. I am better off setting her up with a new man.

Anyone here like a strong woman? Sure she's not much to look at, but her double chins do provide nice shade on a date outside on a sunny day...

----
Edit: Oh no. Peavy. I don't care if you blow up on a day when your crap team scores 1 run, but today they actually spotted you some runs.

Even a guy on my own team C Snyder homers off him (on the bench, but I had AJ in the lineup). What's worse, the team that could have caught the 2nd place team in ERA to help me out has Haren.

And it's only Wednesday this week... A couple of weeks ago I had my least unlucky week, it's now a looooong distance memory.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm 

Ugh, I hear ya on Peavy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:24 pm 

The 2nd place team benched Mags (against Bannister of all people) for Weeks today (who I waived)... and it works out for him! If I pulled a stunt like that Ordonez is going off with a homer and 3 ribbies minimum. How do I know? It's only happened to me about 10 times this year with Beltran, Mclouth, and Thome, who have hit 11 homers from the bench in about 20 games.

Now I wonder if my rival may be shagging Lady Luck for favors. His good luck totally balances my bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next