It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Manny/K-Rod/Marmol for Hart/Longoria/Harden
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:53 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

6X6 with BB's and Holds as the 6th categories.

I need Runs, BB's, Whip, ERA might have a shot at one point in saves if I do this trade.

It's a 5 Keeper league but as I am in an all out war for first I don't care too much about the keeper issue.

"I was walking up the ramp. I was upset about the game. That's when you called me pretty boy. It ticked me off. I started to turn around to say something and as I turned around I saw Roger McDowell behind the bushes over by that gravely road."

Post subject: Re: Manny/K-Rod/Marmol for Hart/Longoria/Harden
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:59 am 

nicktylu wrote:

I need Runs, BB's, Whip, ERA might have a shot at one point in saves if I do this trade.

It's a 5 Keeper league but as I am in an all out war for first I don't care too much about the keeper issue.

So you're getting Hart/Longoria/Harden? I'd do that trade, but not sure how you would gain in saves if you're trading away K-Rod so I think those guys are going the other way.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I am getting the Manny side

"I was walking up the ramp. I was upset about the game. That's when you called me pretty boy. It ticked me off. I started to turn around to say something and as I turned around I saw Roger McDowell behind the bushes over by that gravely road."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:49 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

nicktylu wrote:

I never play for next year in a keeper league. What's the point in winning money next year when even that isn't guaranteed.

My view is that it's just an okay trade for you if you really need saves. But think about this... K-Rod's on pace for 13 more saves. If you get 13 more saves, does it really move you up the standings that much? If it only moves you up one point, then you'd be better off keeping Hart and Longoria for the runs and BB's.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:50 pm 

I don't like it for the Manny side. I'd pass.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:59 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Hart never walks, and Longoria is on the DL. Do you all think Longoria can come back and play well in September?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:46 pm 

Harden will beat either of those guys combined in WHIP and ERA, Hart has runs and Longoria's has an injury that should allow him to come back by Sept 1st. The other side of the trade is only better in BBs and saves. You said yourself saves will only give you 1 point. I still prefer the Hart side from now until the end of the season. Even if Longoria doesn't return on time I like it better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:52 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

nicktylu wrote:
Hart never walks, and Longoria is on the DL. Do you all think Longoria can come back and play well in September?

Then why sell low on him? Just look at the Rays and Brewers' schedule for the rest of the season. Minus a couple of tough series vs the Cubs and Cards, they've got a cakewalk. I like Hart's chances there. Once teams in the NL figure out that you can walk Manny to get to the rest of their lineup, he won't be so Manny-ific.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:31 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Traded longoria for Papelbon and DeRosa, gives me saves, BB's and R's :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Forgot to say, thanks for your help guys, def glad i held on Harden after last night, unreal.....