It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 14 team weekly h2h w/ add'l stats
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:37 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I remember Manship being useful to me in this league last year, but we had 20 teams instead of 14 last year, so there was probably nobody worthwhile on the wire.

The band was Weezer. I have nothing against them, but I don't really like them either. The show was free with admission to the Del Mar horse races and there was also a beer fest in the infield. I went to the same event last year and Flaming Lips played, and it was a pretty rad time. I didn't think about how much more popular Weezer is than Flaming Lips. It was insanely overcrowded; my friend waited an entire hour to buy a falafel sandwich, and my wife, who had to meet us there, was on the off-ramp trying to get to the racetrack for over an hour. And most of the people were wasted and had been baking in the sun for a while, so the mood wasn't great.

I just thought that the universe would balance out that bad experience with better FBB news than two of my pitchers got hurt and Broxton, who I just traded away, is back to closing. I was naive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:44 pm 

Yeah, Weezer's a huge band, not surprising. I'm not a huge fan of their new stuff. Do they really sing we saw Titantic and didn't even get sad? Pretty lame.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

As I said, I'm not a fan, so I don't know their lyrics, but I looked it up and they do indeed. And the next line is great, too: "I took you to Best Buy, you took me home to meet your mom and dad." I guess that they're being ironic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:22 pm 

Yeah, what was once hip and cutesy, now feels forced and dated.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Yep. The timing of their first album was really off for me personally. In 1994, I basically thought that anything that came out on a major label post-mid 80s was crap. It wasn't a very nuanced position, typical for a teenager.

Also during that period (say, 1992-1998), I wasn't much into baseball, which was idiotic. I was growing up in Seattle, and the Mariners had a lot of good teams then, at least in 95 and 97. I think I was under the impression that baseball was too mainstream for me. (Strangely, I was really into basketball, and the Sonics were pretty sweet then). Not only did this stupid attitude deprive me of experiencing some great M's seasons, it also caused me to repeatedly turn down invites to play baseball with a group of friends that hung out and/or worked at a bar I frequented in Seattle. I regret that even more. Even though I'm sure it's a romanticized version of what those games were like, whenever I see that Band of Horses video for The Great Salt Lake it kinda bums me out.

One thing I don't regret: my opinion of major labels preventing me from liking Weezer. I might be better off for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:03 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Next week is round 1 of my h2h playoffs. For pitching, the league counts 5x5 + Holds and K/BB.

If the current schedule holds, and nothing extraordinary happens to change who my opponent will be, my opponent will have 4 two starters- Marcum, Wandy, Latos and Ubaldo. I will have 3- Dempster, Anderson, and Liriano.

So if I want to have at least as many starts as he, I can pick up one or more of the following:

Tomlin (@LAA, MIN)
Zimmermann (NYM, FLA)
Monasterios (@SD, @HOU)
Harang (@COL, v. PIT)
(and maybe Blanton (FLA, @NYM) (though more likely Oswalt will get second start (2 games 9/6)).

Who should I grab?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 am 

royce! wrote:
Next week is round 1 of my h2h playoffs. For pitching, the league counts 5x5 + Holds and K/BB.

If the current schedule holds, and nothing extraordinary happens to change who my opponent will be, my opponent will have 4 two starters- Marcum, Wandy, Latos and Ubaldo. I will have 3- Dempster, Anderson, and Liriano.

So if I want to have at least as many starts as he, I can pick up one or more of the following:

Tomlin (@LAA, MIN)
Zimmermann (NYM, FLA)
Monasterios (@SD, @HOU)
Harang (@COL, v. PIT)
(and maybe Blanton (FLA, @NYM) (though more likely Oswalt will get second start (2 games 9/6)).

Who should I grab?

Zimmermann...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Cool, thanks for the quick response. I'll lose Stanton for Zimmermann (Stanton is now on the bench, I replaced him with Logan Morrison).

Would you drop Nolasco for any of the other guys? Assuming regular rest, etc, I'd only use Nolasco in round 2 if I won round 1, which would be the week starting 9/13, and I'm very much on the fence about that, because Nolasco will be pitching v. PHI and v. CHC, and Nolasco has a home ERA of 5.46 this year.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:45 am 

I wouldn't want any of the other guys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:54 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Someone just dropped Derrek Lee. Is he worth grabbing and starting over either Butler or Adam Laroche? All seem equally meh recently, due to injuries.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next