A term for when you drop someone right before they get hot

Got a good suggestion to add to our Glossary (http://razzball.com/fantasy-baseball-terms/)? Here's where to submit it...
Oregon Nut Cups

Re: A term for when you drop someone right before they get hot

Postby Oregon Nut Cups » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Above is the reason why I love this site.

PS, I went with barbed wire. Felt more manly.
ONC
http://razzball.com

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Hehe
Grey Albright

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

royce!
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby royce! » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Shoulda gone with Barb Wire. It would provide a great ice breaker if you ever met Pam Anderson.

jimmyz

Postby jimmyz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:04 am

What about Chumpdump?

When you drop a guy (dump him) and end up feeling like a chump.

Can be used in the past and future tense -
e.g. dropping Stanton two days after he got called up was such a chumpdump
or
e.g. while Dominic Brown isn't getting a lot of playing time right now, don't chumpdump him yet

Grey

Postby Grey » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:58 am

Chump dump is already a term.
Grey Albright

I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

jimmyz

Postby jimmyz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:51 pm

And here I was thinking I was so smart.
Guess "Add a new term to the Razzball Glossary" won't be checked off my bucket list today.

WietersNeverProsper

Postby WietersNeverProsper » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:53 pm

How about Dumple Stiltskin?

the lesser known cousin of Rumple (He of Grimm's fairy tale acclaim), Dumple makes fantasy owners guess what the true date will be when their underperforming players finally break out, and wins when you drop a player right before the hot streak you've been waiting for. He is successful much more often then his cousin, who got greedy when he asked for the first born child.

Grey

Postby Grey » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Don't think it works, but valiant effort.
Grey Albright

theobliterator

Postby theobliterator » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Alanis Morissette Irony

Because it's something she would think is ironic, though it isn't.
10 Team Mixed 5X5 H2H 3 Keepers

C: Vogt
1B: Encarnacion
2B: D. Travis
3B: K. Seager
SS: Andrus
IF: J. Abreu
OF: Marte
OF: Span
OF: Fowler
OF: J. Upton
UTIL: Ortiz

BN: A. Guerrero
BN: Dickerson

DL: Anthony Rendon

SP: G. Cole
SP: G. Gonzalez
SP: D. Salazar
RP: Melancon
RP: Gregerson
P: K-Rod
P: Boxberger
P: Qualls

BN: Syndergaard
BN: D. Phelps
BN: C. Buchholz

Grey

Postby Grey » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:25 am

Eh
Grey Albright

Return to “Baseball - Razzball Glossary Suggestions”