It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 14 team weekly h2h w/ add'l stats
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:38 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I just accepted an offer of Pagan and Cecil for Wigginton, and had to drop a player so I let Asdrubal go. My team is now:

C- Arencibia
1B- Votto
2B- ?
SS- Andrus
3B- Longoria
IF- LaRoche
OF- Markakis
OF- Stanton
OF- Pagan
OF- Quentin
UTIL- Butler
BN- Gardner
DL- Pedroia

SP- Liriano
SP- Beckett
RP- Broxton
RP- Storen
RP- Hanrahan
RP- Colby Lewis
P- Anderson
P- Nolasco
P- Dempster
BN- Hellickson
BN- Hammel
BN- Lilly
BN- Myers
BN- Daniel Hudson
BN- Cecil

This means that by Monday I'll have to drop someone to grab a 2B if Pedroia's not healthy, or drop someone to take Pedroia off the DL if he is healthy.

Who should get the boot? I'm leaning Cecil- he's been great and all, but his next starts (after Saturday @ LAA, when I won't own him yet) project to be @ BOS, NYY, @TB, @NYY, TB.) Then again, his #s against all of these teams are phenomenal- 1.50/1.00 v. BOS, 2.66/.93 v. TB, 1.29/1.14 v. NYY... I think I'll just wait and see how Hudson does today. If Hudson does poorly should I drop him? Should I drop Hudson over Cecil even if Hudson does well today?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:03 am 

royce! wrote:
I just accepted an offer of Pagan and Cecil for Wigginton, and had to drop a player so I let Asdrubal go. My team is now:

C- Arencibia
1B- Votto
2B- ?
SS- Andrus
3B- Longoria
IF- LaRoche
OF- Markakis
OF- Stanton
OF- Pagan
OF- Quentin
UTIL- Butler
BN- Gardner
DL- Pedroia

SP- Liriano
SP- Beckett
RP- Broxton
RP- Storen
RP- Hanrahan
RP- Colby Lewis
P- Anderson
P- Nolasco
P- Dempster
BN- Hellickson
BN- Hammel
BN- Lilly
BN- Myers
BN- Daniel Hudson
BN- Cecil

This means that by Monday I'll have to drop someone to grab a 2B if Pedroia's not healthy, or drop someone to take Pedroia off the DL if he is healthy.

Who should get the boot? I'm leaning Cecil- he's been great and all, but his next starts (after Saturday @ LAA, when I won't own him yet) project to be @ BOS, NYY, @TB, @NYY, TB.) Then again, his #s against all of these teams are phenomenal- 1.50/1.00 v. BOS, 2.66/.93 v. TB, 1.29/1.14 v. NYY... I think I'll just wait and see how Hudson does today. If Hudson does poorly should I drop him? Should I drop Hudson over Cecil even if Hudson does well today?

Yeah, wait to see how Hudson does. Did you just trade fro Cecil and you want to drop him?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Well, sort of... I expected to not have a starting spot for Wigginton once Pedroia returned, so I put Wiggy on the block. I also told the guy that had Pagan I was interested in Pagan. He had previously offered him to me for I can't remember who and I rejected the offer because it was right before Beltran came back and I expected the Mets to say, "Screw you, Spike Lee! We're doing the wrong thing!"

Anyhow, I would have taken just Pagan for Wiggy, and because I expect to have no use for Asdrubal, thought that getting Cecil as well worked. I would probably have dropped Asdrubal for another SP anyway.

So I'm not really attached to Cecil. I actually thought about countering his offer with just Wiggy for Pagan, but was afraid that he would reconsider.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:20 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Well, that didn't help. Hudson 7 IP, 7 H, 2 ER (both on solo HR), 1 BB, 9 K.

I probably have to drop him, though. Cecil's got more of a track record, and Hudson's success in the NL has come against fairly weak offenses: SD, NYM, and a Braun-less MIL. Because I have so many other pitching options, after this upcoming week, I probably wouldn't start him until he had another 2 start week, which would probably a month from now. Lastly, while he does have two starts next week, they are against pretty strong offenses- COL and CIN.

Does this seem like the right choice?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:08 pm 

Makes sense.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:50 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Need some advice on a trade offer.

Team is now:

C- R. Hernandez
1B- Votto
2B- Lowrie
SS- Andrus
3B- Longoria
IF- Adam Laroche
OF- Markakis
OF- Quentin
OF- Stanton
OF- Gardner
UTIL- Butler
BN- Pagan
DL- Pedroia

SP- Liriano
SP- Beckett
RP- Broxton
RP- Storen
RP- Hanrahan
RP- Colby Lewis
P- Anderson
P- Nolasco
P- Dempster
BN- Hammel
BN- Lilly
BN- Myers
BN- Daniel Hudson
BN- Cecil
DL- Francis

I was offered Beckham and Slowey for Pagan and Broxton. Beckham should be an upgrade over Lowrie. I'm into Slowey because he projects to start v. KC and @CLE during the first week of our playoffs (starting Sept. 6).

The only other 2B upgrade I could pull of at this time would be Cecil for Raburn.

So should I make the Broxton and Pagan trade?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:58 pm 

I like it for you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:45 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Holy crap what a terrible day. Went to an overcrowded concert of a band I don't even like in order to hang out with my friends and their kids ("it's their first concert!" yay! I love standing next to people I like without being able to communicate with them!) and I return to the computer to discover Nolasco has a tear in his medial meniscus (the fact that I suffered the same injury a few years ago does not make the news more palatable) AND Slowey was sent back to the DL within hours of my trading for him.

Teen Wolf just came on TV. I hope that someone on this team turns into a werewolf. They're good at sports. Sports like car-surfing.

Assuming Nolasco hits the DL tomorrow, should I grab Norris, Livan Hernandez, or Homer Bailey?

Also, with Slowey heading to the DL, does Manship have a spot in the rotation?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:57 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Oh, and Broxton now seems to have regained the closer role. What terrible fate awaits Beckham? It better be something funny, 'cos I could use a laugh. Seriously, I think karma might have made a mistake here, possible acting in to general a manner...I'm a good lawyer, I swear! I represent the downtrodden!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:57 am 

Bailey... Manship probably is the fill-in, not sure why you care. Who was the band?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next