All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dunn, done in Cincy.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:57 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Dunn Gone To Dbacks
from Baseball Prospectus: Unfiltered by Will Carroll

The Reds got worked by the Astros and sent Adam Dunn out. The Dbacks claimed the big slugger on waivers and worked out a deal just before the deadline, according to John Gambadoro of KTAR in Phoenix. Dallas Buck is the one known name right now, but there’s at least one and probably two other players headed to the Cincy system. Updates as necessary.

Post subject: Re: Dunn, done in Cincy.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:59 am 

Thats very interesting, thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:08 pm 

Wow.... What do you think of this as a Reds fan?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:19 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Wow.... What do you think of this as a Reds fan?

It's a tough one. They will definitely miss 35-40+ HRs every year, and the corresponding .900+ OPS, but it didn't look to me that they would offer an extension or re-sign him in the offseason so I'm glad they got something in return. I'll be able to rate the move better when I find out all the prospects involved. Honestly, I think Dunn is very underrated, all everyone looks at his HRs and Ks, and maybe his minus defense, but the guy gets on base, drives in runs, and works counts. It's amazing to me that other teams/GMs seemingly ignored Dunn pre-deadline. If I knew I could get the player who hit the most HRs over the last 5 years (yes, more than AROD) from a team in the rebuilding stage, I'd at least take a look.

As for the Reds, I think this makes sense, especially with Griffey gone and all indicators leaning toward full rebuild mode. I only hope they believe they have some sluggers other than Bruce to bring up, my observation is we are outfielder heavy as far as prospects go and I'd like to see some more projected plus power from the corners. Pitching looks solid, though Bailey has been a disappointment to date.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:57 pm 

I agree with you on Dunn. He got a bad wrap from people inside baseball and fantasy baseball owners. Anyone guy you can count on for 40+ HRs seems like he should be wanted a lot more than he was. Isn't OBP a truer barometer than average? (That's rhetorical, don't answer.) Though I will say, his defense was more than just a negative, it was abysmal and he wasn't the best of RBIs men considering his HR totals.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.