It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Still shopping Uggla
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:16 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

I've got the Johan owner interested and pitching is my weakness. My bats are dominating their categories.

He countered A.Gonzo - Johan with Uggla/Alfonso for Polanco/Santana (I know, right?) saying he needs help at 2nd. He does. Polanco is his only option. I'm looking at Uggla/Gonzo for Johan/Miggy. I can afford to move Gonzo because I'm sitting on PABST/Atkins/C.Guile all with 1st eligibility. Bringing in Miggy obviously doesnt help matters with my logjam at 1st (also at 3rd with C.Guile/Atkins/Yunel already there) but I look at it as bringing me a pitcher I NEED and possibly a stud at 3rd if Miggy gets his act together. If Miggy doesnt come back to form I'm left with a stack of dudes to play in his place. As an Uggla apologist its hard to part with him but from my perspective this is pretty much Uggla for Johan, hard to turn that down. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Still shopping Uggla
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:35 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

p0rk

Uggla/Gonzo is a fair offer for Johan/Miggy only if he's strong at pitching. Is he? Miggy is better than Gonzo in the long run anyway.

If he's not he won't pull the trigger. You might have to add a sugar cube (extra MI you're not using?).

I have a hard time dealing aces, wouldn't part with Webb for anything right now.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who ever said this was a fair trade? Granted, he should agree to a trade that is objectively fair. Good thing for me we are looking at this subjectively. He has Cliff Lee and was bragging about Lee being the new Johan. I hope he still thinks that. He also has Wolf, Glavine, Smoltz (I dont know why he hasnt dropped him yet), McGowan, and Lowe. He is sort of pissed about Johan's performance thus far this year, I'm trying to capitalize on that.

I agree 100% that Miggy is a better option than Gonzo in the long term. For how long can Gonzo put up these RBI numbers in that joke of an offense. The best part is this is a keeper league. I have no idea who I would end up keeping if I had Miggy, Johan, plus my players already. I'll worry about that for next season if this happens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:54 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Just looking from his side pork. I wouldn't do it but he can't be real bright if he still has Smoltzy. Keeper league means nothing with Smoltz, he's done.

If you think he'll bite dangle it. If he's in dire need of a 2B he might bite. I wouldn't trust that pitching staff without the Zohan. Bet he counters again.

Hope you get him though, all RCL members should win their respective friends leagues.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

He still hasn't responded so I made another offer without canceling the first. Uggla/Soto/Atkins for Johan/Miggy/D.Lee. I picked up Doumit tonight (dropped Ludwick for him - nobody wants Ludwick) figuring my team could survive with the swap of Doumit for Soto. Catcher seems like a good position to trade from since there arent that many with the cachet of Soto/Martin/Martinez/Mauer etc. Unlike George, Soto doesnt have the injury concerns.

I need a stud pitcher, to me Atkins for Miggy is a wash because I'm already good at 2nd and 3rd, if Miggy turns things around great. Dont know what I'll do with DLee with Gonzo/PABST/CGuile already. Guess there are worse problems to have.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

p0rk burn wrote:
He still hasn't responded so I made another offer without canceling the first. Uggla/Soto/Atkins for Johan/Miggy/D.Lee. I picked up Doumit tonight (dropped Ludwick for him - nobody wants Ludwick) figuring my team could survive with the swap of Doumit for Soto. Catcher seems like a good position to trade from since there arent that many with the cachet of Soto/Martin/Martinez/Mauer etc. Unlike George, Soto doesnt have the injury concerns.

I need a stud pitcher, to me Atkins for Miggy is a wash because I'm already good at 2nd and 3rd, if Miggy turns things around great. Dont know what I'll do with DLee with Gonzo/PABST/CGuile already. Guess there are worse problems to have.

Thoughts?

Been away p0rk but I'll take a look at what you said. Just got back from St LOu, 15 hour day, gotta love it. OK here goes,,,,,,

Can't believe Doumit still available. You should be winning this league by 20 like I am.

Ludwick, btw, awesome tonight. I keep trying to find a reason to drop him but can't come up with any. Especially after the trade offer I just railed on, nobody in my league has traded since I did for Larry Wayne and giving up Ichiro in a package. I'll tell ya about it if you wanna hear it. But a guy offered O Cab, Benjie, and Oswalt for Lud, Yunel, and Billingsley. I laughed, farted, and rejected. Enough about me.

Atkins, Miggy, D Lee would make you unbelievable on corners. If you pull this off flip a couple of those guys for more pitching straight up. Everybody will trade Arms for Bats. You don't need CGuile at corner anyway, he should be at everybodys SS position or MI. Gives you more leverage, don't you think?

Don't think you'll get Miggy AND D Lee from him, but you really don't need both. Miggy's enough with what you have already. He's still better than Atkins long term.

You're idea about Soto is a great one, do it. Make sure he knows why.

10 team Roto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Its a classic example of having a team thats killer on paper. Gonzo, Atkins, Teix, Yunel, CGuile, Uggla, Kinsler all manning the infield. Either Atkins or CGuile play third with Yunel at SS. Atkins has been on the bench lately although he's warming back up so I think Yunel will switch spots with him on the pine. Outfield of Alfonso, El Caballo, A.Rios, McLouth. Ludwick just never got playing time; if i needed a sub it was usually McLouth instead of Ludwick.

Pitching staff: Bills, Shields, Hudson, CC, Harang (killing me man); Nathan, Street, RafSor (picked up a few days ago before the elbow flared up), Perez, Bell.

As you can tell, the weakness is really the pitching. The offense is fine so I feel like I have bats to spare for arms. Like you said, people want to trade bats for arms. Unfortunately the league is too small so there are way more bats on each lineup than aces. While I feel like I can afford to deal some of my better offensive players I dont want to sell myself too short. With Miggy's slump so far and D.Lees recent struggles (his homer tonight wont help my offer any) I figured maybe he would bite at the pretty numbers Im offering him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Man, nothing wrong with your hitters. I wouldn't change much. You know Atkins #s will be there, 2nd half hitter.

SPs are not bad, can't you add a free agent? If Doumit was available there has to be a pitcher that can help you. H2H right? I've never played that but I'd look at 2 start pitchers that go against a team that can't hit. San Fran, San Diego, etc. Pull a Cleveland Streamer if you have to, ha.

RP is another story. Street is hurting, Raffy Sor sux for you, "Chris" Perez right? Doubt he'll be closing this year. Nathan's your only rock. Trade one of those hitters for a good closer and stream pitchers.

Just a thought.

Another thought, when the RCL league starts, Hippo ain't posting nuttin but lies on here. If I was playin against me I'd look at every post I made. Cust Kayin

Hit me up at my GMail

10 team Roto