It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Griffey Traded
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 am 

The Reds and White Sox have agreed to a deal that would send Ken Griffey Jr. to Chicago, according to a published report.

The deal is said to be awaiting Griffey's approval. Griffey, a player with at least 10 years in the Major Leagues and the past five with the same team, has the right to veto a trade.

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

Post subject: Re: Griffey Traded
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:39 am 

Part of me thinks he might as the White Sox don't appear to have any room at DH or outfield. Unless they have something else in place or they are worried about Thome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:43 am 

Thanks for the heads up. You guys rock. I love that I can open the forum and find out about these things.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am 

He just approved it...

RP - Janssen, Henderson, Cishek, Ziegler, Brothers, Cisnero,
BN - Gattis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:59 am 

Wow, Now lets see what else the White Sox do today because the logjam at DH and outfield are a concern. Unless he wanted to start hanging with Ozzie on the bench and collect the checks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:12 am 

seems crowded to me as well...

I guess somebody of the Konerko-Thome-Swisher-Griffey group will be sitting each day with CQ and JD manning the corners...this trade doesn't do much for me but I guess I'm not in any AL-only leagues in need of an uptick in power.

If only Minnesota would bring up Liriano and demote Livan to sweeping dugouts at the Metrodome after games we wouldn't be discussing The Chi Sox playing in October.

Wouldn't it be a great story watching the Twins make a run to the playoffs with Scott Baker (legit) being the elder statesman of a staff that didn't have starter over like 26?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:13 am 

I'd say this hurts Swisher the most. (Actually, the way he's played this year has hurt him the most.)

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:18 am 

Hebrew Hammer wrote:

If only Minnesota would bring up Liriano and demote Livan to sweeping dugouts at the Metrodome after games we wouldn't be discussing The Chi Sox playing in October.

Wouldn't it be a great story watching the Twins make a run to the playoffs with Scott Baker (legit) being the elder statesman of a staff that didn't have starter over like 26?

Latest grumblings out of Minnesota from MLBtraderumors.com :La Velle E. Neal III and Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune have the latest Twins buzz.

* The Twins would like to trade Boof Bonser to make room for Francisco Liriano. The Giants and Rangers might be interested.
* Targets for the Twins: relief help, third base, and second base.
* Talks for Adrian Beltre are not dead. The Mariners are eyeing Nick Blackburn, Scott Baker, Kevin Slowey, Glen Perkins, and Denard Span. The Twins aren't biting. Sounds like the Mariners want a premium arm for Beltre from the Twins or Giants, but those teams see it as more of a salary dump.

Time to get Liriano?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am 

So who becomes the starting right fielder for the Reds? Hairston (with Keppinger at SS)? Norris Hopper? Corey Patterson?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:36 am 

I would guess Bruce goes to RF and Hairston moves to CF with Kepp staying at SS