It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ESPN Baseball Today podcast
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:34 am 

I hate to bash, but here I go......

Eric Karabell has a new co-host, Seth Everett, on the Baseball Today podcast. You may like/hate EK, but at least he does a decent job of presenting the news and some reasonable opinions.

But Everett? Holy christ - what a flying douchebag!

Did you know he's personal friends with Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, and every other active/former player in major league baseball? Did you know he used to work for the Seattle Mariners, and then for MLB directly? Did you know he has a show/podcast on New York's ESPN 1050AM radio?

I know it now - and he surely won't let anyone forget it. He starts many of his sentences with these golden nuggets. Then he forms some ridiculous opinion based on the fact that he knows everybody in the game.

His solution for better umpiring in MLB? "Greater umpire accountability". What? Really? How the fuck are you going to fix things like Jim Joyce blowing Armando Galarraga's perfect game? By being tougher during the umps yearly performance reviews? Uhhhhh, sure thing Seth.

Yes - we need the best umpires that can be found. But shouldn't we get the on field calls correct if we have a way to review them?

How about expanding replay? No, he's against that. I'm paraphrasing now - "Managers will abuse the 'replay challenge' rule to help their relief pitchers get ready to come in the game. The umpires will go into a room for 8-10 minutes to review the call."

Wrong. The review umpire can have the answer in 30 seconds, and the on field call is verified or corrected.

Interleague play? No, he's against that. It's more important to see the Astros play the Cubs for the 16th, 17th, and 18th time each season, rather than have the Cubs play the White Sox for 3 games each year.

Oh wait - I'm just a baseball fan, I can't possibly know anything. Forget what I want to see; Seth Everett knows what's best for me.

But I digress.

Everett is a self-aggrandizing jackass. He minimizes others opinions because he is "connected", and knows better than you.

This fucktard needs to go away. He smells like Rush/Hannity/Beck to me - too busy telling me how important he is, and willing to shit on the truth to sell his opinion as the gospel.

Post subject: Re: ESPN Baseball Today podcast
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:57 am 

A flying douchebag --- nice!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: ESPN Baseball Today podcast
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:21 pm 

BTW, I never heard of him so I looked up his picture. I think he might be Lance Berkman in a suit:

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.