It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Fernando Rodney In
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:46 am 

Jones is replaced by Rodney.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Fernando Rodney In
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:14 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Ugh. Think Rodney will still be in the role after 7/31? Drop a platooning Ethier or Gio for him?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:16 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Hmm.. I could maybe drop Morrow? I'm Desperate for saves, I just don't see how Rodney won't be brief and painful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:19 pm 

I think the saves are worth dropping Gio for.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:45 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
I think the saves are worth dropping Gio for.

Thanks for the insight. And, yeah, haven't heard any rumblings about a promotion for Gio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:03 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Drop Gio unless you can stash him:

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/1113662.html

Quote:
ROUND ROCK, Texas – More than a few baseball insiders expected superprospect Gio Gonzalez to be promoted to the A's starting rotation when the team traded Joe Blanton on July 17.

The consensus among scouts and front-office types was that the 22-year old left-hander was more than ready for big league competition.

But the Oakland front office got some validation for their decision to keep him in Sacramento as Gonzalez struggled through an uneven start, throwing 101 pitches, only 59 for strikes, in four innings in a 6-2 loss to Round Rock.

He ain't coming up!

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:49 am 

So stupid to base his call-up on one game. Ugh, I hate baseball management.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:34 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey wrote:
So stupid to base his call-up on one game. Ugh, I hate baseball management.

Huh - and usually the Oakland organization is pretty good about this. I like to think that think they're not not calling him up because of that one start; only because, if their decision was performance-based, they would have brought him up after the Blanton trade.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:45 pm 

Yeah, Peter, I agree. There's something deeper here then what they're saying.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:52 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

According to Yahoo, MLB.com reports that Greg Smith will be pitching tonight against KC - not tomorrow, when he was scheduled. If this is true (and I've seen the wires in their notes get crossed before), I wonder why. To keep Smith on 5 days rest? Or to shuffle the starters around so that... hmmm. Nah, no Gio - he just pitched the other day. Just looking for a conspiracy, I guess.