It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Razzball Commenters League Week in Review, Vol. 6
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:31 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Moving on up. Thats the this week's theme. The fightin' Bacon Bits have clawed (hoofed) their way up to 4th. Two reasons why I can't feel secure in this position: first is still 41.5 points away; 5 teams are sitting within 2 points of each other for 4th - 8th.

The blockbuster trade from last week was A-Rod and Victor Martinez from Sandlot's Finest for A.Gonzo, Johan, and K-Rod from RodBeck's Disgrace. Apparently IowaCub's is going to use the league for trades since he obviously isn't using it to compete in fantasy baseball. What is this, three straight weeks with a deal out of you Cubs? The Sandlot's Finest apparently felt good with starting pitching after picking up Johan because they prompty dealt Fausto Carmona to the Indifferent Fielders for George Sherill. Carmona was then immediately packaged with Jeff Clement and sent over to the Dogs of Summer for Doumit. Carmona gets around. I knew a chick like that once. I hope the Dogs don't catch anything.

On that note I'm outta here. Time to go to Tampa to take this damn test. See you later people.

Attachment:
standings.JPG
standings.JPG [ 43.47 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]

Attachment:
overall stats.JPG
overall stats.JPG [ 74.95 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]

Attachment:
overall points.JPG
overall points.JPG [ 67.62 KiB | Viewed 790 times ]

Legend:
I'm Your Huckleberry - Chet/Doc
Cruisin' KCs - CruisinKc
Dogs of Summer - BSA
Rustic Trumpets - Hank/downpat75
The Schmohawks - Bob
Cocky's Ballas - CockyPhoenix
Chicago's Dick Harden - EndlessSummer
Indifferent Fielders - BaronVonVulturewins
Sandlot's Finest - Chase
No Glove No Love. - Off-White
RodBeck's BeerFarts - IowaCubs
Dr. Seuss - BigFatHippo
Salty F. Biscuits - SaltyBiscuits
She Said...Fukudome - BJ
The Job Squad - KarlJ
Bacon Bits - p0rk burn

Post subject: Re: Razzball Commenters League Week in Review, Vol. 6
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:58 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

In other news, the moves I've made over the past week have resulted in moving up 9 points. I feel 9 points better about myself. I hug you, Chris Davis!

Good luck on the test, p0rk.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:47 am 

p0rk burn wrote:
Moving on up. Thats the this week's theme. The fightin' Bacon Bits have clawed (hoofed) their way up to 4th. Two reasons why I can't feel secure in this position: first is still 41.5 points away; 5 teams are sitting within 2 points of each other for 4th - 8th.

The blockbuster trade from last week was A-Rod and Victor Martinez from Sandlot's Finest for A.Gonzo, Johan, and K-Rod from RodBeck's Disgrace. Apparently IowaCub's is going to use the league for trades since he obviously isn't using it to compete in fantasy baseball. What is this, three straight weeks with a deal out of you Cubs? The Sandlot's Finest apparently felt good with starting pitching after picking up Johan because they prompty dealt Fausto Carmona to the Indifferent Fielders for George Sherill. Carmona was then immediately packaged with Jeff Clement and sent over to the Dogs of Summer for Doumit. Carmona gets around. I knew a chick like that once. I hope the Dogs don't catch anything.

On that note I'm outta here. Time to go to Tampa to take this damn test. See you later people.

IowaCubs, that's a lot of guys to move for Arod and VMart. Seriously, not a good trade.

Sherrill/Carmona's a solid trade for both teams. Then the turnaround flip of Carmona is the kind of thing they teach in Fantasy Baseball College of Charleston.

P0rk, good luck on the bar. If Sydney Pollack's family finds out what I did, there might be lawsuits.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:34 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I make cliffhanger trades like this all the time.

I can only justify it by looking at my offensive numbers, which are at the cellar of the league... No seriously, at the time of the trade, I was 16th place, and now I'm not. My goal, keep in mind, is not to end up in last place, so to that end, I must take chances.

Active Batters
Castro, Jason(C) HOU
Goldschmidt, Paul(1B) ARI
Carpenter, Matt(2B) STL
Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
Zobrist, Ben(,SS) TB
Profar, Jurickson(MI) TEX
Rodriguez, Alex(CI) NYY
Davis, Rajai(OF) TOR
Jones, Adam(OF) BAL
Trout, Mike(OF) LAA
Young, Eric(OF) NYM
Bogaerts, Xander(UT) BOS

Buxton, Byron(OF) MIN
Stanton, Giancarlo(OF) MIA

Active Pitchers
Corbin, Patrick(SP) ARI
Gonzalez, Gio(SP) WAS
Latos, Mat(SP) CIN
Liriano, Francisco(SP) PIT
Minor, Mike(SP) ATL
Benoit, Joaquin(RP) DET
Mujica, Edward(RP) STL

Burnett, A.J.(SP) PIT
Samardzija, Jeff(SP) CHC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:16 am 

I understand chances, but that trade would be understandable if VMart was having his usual productive season. To make that trade this season -- eh.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:18 pm 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Good luck Pork!

Ugh! I've been out of computer, internet, phone access for about 14 days while off in the Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness area rafting the Main Salmon, and I come back to see my team can suck just as much without me as it can with me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm 

downpat75 wrote:
Good luck Pork!

Ugh! I've been out of computer, internet, phone access for about 14 days while off in the Frank Church - River of No Return Wilderness area rafting the Main Salmon, and I come back to see my team can suck just as much without me as it can with me.

Imagine how Iowa has felt with internet and phone access.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 pm 

I'd like everyone to know how amazing of a fantasy baseball manager I am. I have completely revamped my team to what the stupid autodraft shitted out onto my screen. I believe I have made some solid moves via trade and Free Agent with pick ups such as Buerhle, Maholm, Shoppach, Mora, and C. Ross. I thought for sure I would be at the bottom of the standings forever after having drafted half the players in the league that are on the DL. Alas, if I was there for the draft...everyone would be out of striking distance as I would have run away with this league from the beginning. There's my smack talk for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:13 pm 

Also picked up Campillo who has done wonders for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:34 am 

Ross was one of the league's hottest hitters from early June to mid-July. He has been ice cold since the All-Star break.