It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: the best IPA's
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:09 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Age and babies has all but eliminated my fantasy baseballing while intoxicated (FBWI), but the fond memories remain. I'm looking at you, trading a slumping Jeter for Renteria cerca 2005. Hey, that might be another good thread: list your worst trades/adds/drops moves while drunk. But I digress. I'm really into strong IPA's these days because I'm not going to have more than one or two and I want to get the most bang for my buck. Just wanted to know if any other beerophiles out there had a favorite they'd like to recommend. My two current go-to's are Smuttynose out of NH and Stone Brewery from San Diego. Any to add to the list?

SP - C Hamels Darvish Moore Zimmermann Minor
RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki
OF - Stanton Trout J Upton J Pierre D Brown
SP - Bailey Kendrick Hellickson Ryu Scherzer Wainwright Cashner Iwakuma
RP - Betancourt League C Perez Jenson

Post subject: Re: the best IPA's
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:18 am 

I'd recommend, but don't know what you have access to. I am an IPA man myself and here's my two favorites. The hoppier and dryer the better.

Mojo IPA - Boulder Brewing

Total Domination IPA - Ninkasi (local to Eugene, OR; don't know if you'll find it where you're at).

As far as trades, I try not to drink and click. Though I did talk my friend into a very bad one when intoxicated; the Commish later rescinded the trade, but could not rescind my friend's shame so I guess the trade was semi-acceptable.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:37 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

With you on the "dry and hoppy." My local distributer can order for me; I'll be sure to check those two out, thanks!

Stone makes a regular IPA and their "Ruination IPA." The regular IPA is quite good that it's hard to justify the $22+ for a six of the Ruination. But that stuff is smooth.

RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:40 am 

This my kind of thread. My buddy and I are IPA nerds and both of us perfer Bell's Two Hearted Ale (7%) as an everyday beer. The best beer I think I've ever had was Bell's Hopslam (10%), which is super-hoppy and is a grapefruit bomb on the nose. It's a seasonal beer and runs about 18 bucks a sixer where I live and I believe it won't be around again until winter. The other night I grabbed a four-pack of Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA ($10.99; 10%) and drank three and got my dick knocked in the dirt. Loved it!!! What a bargain!!! Also, one of my favorite breweries, Three Floyds, makes a nice IPA called Alpha King. I grab this one when the Two Hearted Ale is sold out at my favorite liquor store. I also like Founder's Double Trouble and Ruination. I guess I'm lucky because Ruination is only 16.99 where I live. Might have to grab a sixer of it tonight after work....

yahoo! public H2H 520690
C napoli 1B m.cabrera 2B kendrick 3B beltre SS jeter OF ethier/bay/hamilton UT fielder/abreu BN ellsbury/j.lopez
SP greinke/lee RP bell/clippard P jenks/rauch/price/burnett BN j.garcia/latos/correia DL street

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:37 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I've yet to find a 10% that isn't too "boozy" for me. I just tried Stoudt's Double IPA which runs at 10% and I couldn't get past the malt flavor. I have been going through Oskar Blues' selections (cans only) out of CO. I really like their Dale's Pale Ale. Still, for a an everyday beer nothing has topped my Smuttynose yet, but I'll be sure to try these suggestions if I can find them. Thanks.

RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Oregon Nut Cups, we found Mojo at our local Whole Foods. Can't wait to try it tonight, thanks for the recommendation.

Also, Green Flash West Coast IPA is a new favorite.

RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:30 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Good thread! Here is one I have just recently tried and loved. Its not quite an IPA as the name of it says, but its awesome. Hoptical Illusion - Almost Pale Ale, by Flying Monkeys.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/flying-mon ... 379/36275/