It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: for trade value, who is more valuable? Conor Jack or Votto
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:47 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

thanks... I have both and I want to improve my team, do a two for one and get more SPs....

12 team H2H categories.... 1st place by 2 'games'

C - B. Molina
1B - C. Pena
2B - Kinsler
SS - Reyes
3B - Atkins (1B, 3B elig. in Yahoo!)
OF - C. Lee
OF - Conor Jackson (1B, OF)
OF - Ellsbury
Util - Thome
BN - Hardy
BN - Votto (1B, OF)
BN - M. Reynolds
BN - Damon (DL'ed)

SP - Haren
SP - Volquez
SP - Beckett
RP - Marmol (league uses holds)
RP - McClellan (ditto)
RP - Rauch
P - J. Sanchez
DL - Harang
DL - Jenks

my strengths this year have been holds, steals, and runs, and with pitching, k's, era, whip.

people in my league hold on to their players like baby's hold on to...anything in their hand. So deals have to be feasible. I'm guessing I should target: saves, holds, SPs, less BN players.

thanks peeps for understanding this world of fantasy baseball that my wife cannot seem to fathom the fulfillment I get from.... :]

3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - cuddyer (1b, 2b, of)
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

Post subject: Re: for trade value, who is more valuable? Conor Jack or Votto
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:00 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

a lot of rankings say jackson a few spots above votto.... but why?

3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:02 pm 

and1mcgee wrote:
thanks... I have both and I want to improve my team, do a two for one and get more SPs....

12 team H2H categories.... 1st place by 2 'games'

C - B. Molina
1B - C. Pena
2B - Kinsler
SS - Reyes
3B - Atkins (1B, 3B elig. in Yahoo!)
OF - C. Lee
OF - Conor Jackson (1B, OF)
OF - Ellsbury
Util - Thome
BN - Hardy
BN - Votto (1B, OF)
BN - M. Reynolds
BN - Damon (DL'ed)

SP - Haren
SP - Volquez
SP - Beckett
RP - Marmol (league uses holds)
RP - McClellan (ditto)
RP - Rauch
P - J. Sanchez
DL - Harang
DL - Jenks

my strengths this year have been holds, steals, and runs, and with pitching, k's, era, whip.

people in my league hold on to their players like baby's hold on to...anything in their hand. So deals have to be feasible. I'm guessing I should target: saves, holds, SPs, less BN players.

thanks peeps for understanding this world of fantasy baseball that my wife cannot seem to fathom the fulfillment I get from.... :]

I think we're best to dangle a few offers out there. Honestly, I don't see either having much value, but I think Votto carries more value (both real and perceived). If you can turn him into a third rate closer, say Marte or Ryan Franklin. Or you want an SP, I could see going after someone like Guthrie.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:02 pm 

Jackson's a bit safer, if yawnstipating.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

yawnstipating, maybe. but recently, he's been awesome. today, anything but yawnstipating (3-3, 1 SB, 1 R, 1 RBI) filling it up! Maybe because he plays in the most beautiful park in the majors? I went to my first dbacks game this last saturday. WOW.

Favorite park, Grey?

3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:57 pm 

I'm hoping to get to Arizona next year. Fenway has a lot of memories because I went to college there. Nothing like ditching a class to go see an afternoon game, then getting drunk on Lansdowne then vomiting in Boston Beer Works. Yes, nothing like it. Except maybe going to Yankee Stadium and getting mugged.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:43 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

went to Yankee Stadium on a non-game day, and it still felt like I was on holy ground. Something about those Yankee names going through my head.. DiMaggio, Ruth, Mantle, Gehrig. Speaking of my favorite... is it odd that Lou Gehrig has an official website? Maybe that's why he was so lucky...

But seriously, Chase Field makes my home field, Angel Stadium look like a high school field. Doyer stadium is nostalgic, but beyond ugly. It should have a nice upgrade next year though, right? So far, it's Chase, then Petco.... But I want to see AT&T, Fenway... and I suppose I will never get into Yankee or Shea (insert cyber-sad face here).

3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:44 pm 

Petco? Really? Feels manufactured. Like a old timey bar that was built in 2006.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:07 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

i agree. its like a brand new TGIFriday's that has a bunch of "old" stuff on the walls that was just printed like a replica 50's Coca-Cola tin poster....

BUT STILL, I like the location and the center field family thing. I went one time when my cousin rented a suite basically behind home plate, so I have yet to experience it in a seat, per se. (is that how you spell that?) I like how that part goes out in the RF wall right by the foul pole. I LOVE the balconies at Chase, in center field. I like how, since Petco and Chase are new, they have flat panel TVs everywhere...

Also, about Petco, they have something that I don't see often. Actually I have never seen it: handicapped-accessible field-level seating. When I go with my brother, we are forced to sit in the back row. At Petco, he can be "just like everyone else." (his words, lol)

3b - bautista
ss - reyes
of - bruce
of - cespedes
of - bourjos
util - aramis ramirez
bn - mat gamel
bn - kubel
bn - aaron hill

sp - price
sp - gio gonzalez
sp - ubaldo
rp - capps
rp - clippard
rp - koji uehara
rp -
p - anibal sanchez
p - derek holland
bn - jonathan sanchez
bn - edinson volquez
bn - vance worley
bn - doug fister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 am 

and1mcgee wrote:
its like a brand new TGIFriday's that has a bunch of "old" stuff on the walls that was just printed like a replica 50's Coca-Cola tin poster....

Much better description than mine. Nice.

and1mcgee wrote:
per se. (is that how you spell that?)

It is. You don't have Google?

and1mcgee wrote:
I went one time when my cousin rented a suite basically behind home plate, so I have yet to experience it in a seat

I sat five rows back from the dugout one time. Eh. But then again I was there with an ex-girlfriend and her new fiancee so maybe that was the problem.

and1mcgee wrote:
handicapped-accessible field-level seating.

That is cool. In most stadiums, they're forced to sit by the concessions.

In conclusion, San Diego's a boring city like it's stadium.