It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: I've created something even more beautiful...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 pm 

Shop for Garza, but depends what you're selling to get him. I'd grab Masterson. You don't need two bench hitters.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

i give: peavy + closer (Francisco or Lindstrom)

i get: garza

Do you think that is good for me? (I have a million of these guys, so I think I know the answer)

Do you think that he will laugh at this?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
OF- M.Trout (K+1)/ J.Upton/ B.Moss
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson
RP- H.Street/ F.Rodney/ G.Perkins/ M.Lindstrom

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:51 pm 

I think that's fine for you. Don't think it's laughable.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:59 pm 

I don't think that any of those scenarios will help your pitching. All of the available guys are blah. You're mistake was drafting Peavy, Zambrano so early. Can't fix that now. What you need to do is wait for Peavy/Zambro to put together some good starts then trade them for a high K pitcher with a decent ERA and WHIP. It would be ideal if you could do a 2-1 then pick up a guy like Pettite who has a good ERA and WHIP. K's are hard to find and are way more consistent than ERA and WHIP for H2H. Trust me I know because it's been hard for me in my H2H leagues. Draft high K guys because you can always find a low ERA/WHIP guy on FA. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Peavy's got a career k/9 of 9. Zabrano's is like 7.7. That's not a k issue.

Peavy was a reach at 6, but in a (3) 3 yr keeper league, you lose three rounds quickly. Zabrano in the 13th isn't a reach at all, though I should have grabbed De La Rosa instead. Scherzer and Cueto were my young risks. The season is young.

Anyway, Rollins and M Gonzalez hit the DL today. K Wood and Dice K are already on my DL. I only have 3 spots available. What do I do? Ditch Gonzalez? J Johnson sucks too (and he's not available in my league). C Perez is blowing saves left and right (again, not available). Dice-K MAY be good this year.

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Rollins and M Gonzalez hit the DL yesterday. K Wood and Dice K are already on my DL. I only have 3 spots available.

What do I do?

Hold or Ditch Gonzalez? J Johnson sucks too (and he's not available in my league). C Perez is blowing saves left and right (again, not available). Dice-K MAY be good this year.

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 am 

I have little faith in Dice-K.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:15 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

With Rollins out for 2-4 weeks, who do you like as his replacement:

JJ Hardy

Clint Barmes

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 pm 

Hardy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:21 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Have fun in Vegas? Does the word "spearmint rhino" mean anything?

Anyway, my team has been incredibly mediocre. I think patience is the key, but...maybe not. My pitching really struggled through the first week but is showing improvement (Santanta's complete game, Oswalt being awesome, Scherzer's "sneaky" schedule helps too).

Starters: Hamels, Peavy, Oswalt, Zambrano, Cueto, E Santana, Scherzer, Masterson

Relievers: Cordero, Wagner, Lindstrom, Frasor, Francisco

DL: Rollins, Wood, M Gonzalez

Milwood has solid-ish numbers so far (good era, k/9) and was ownable for a little over half the season last year.

Do I pick him up off waivers?

Who do I drop?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker