It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 14-team H2H just drafted...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:25 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

14 teams, 6 x 6 (OBP and Holds the extras). Was doing it at the same time as an auction via Gmail chat with Hippo and Reyes was a bit of a panic pick, but hopefully it didn't ruin me completely. 3 x OF (LF, CF, RF in fact), no CI or MI, 8 bench spots (didn't draft any bench hitters).

Drafted with:

Quote:
@Steve: With that setup, I’d draft 2-3 closers, one MR and the rest SPs, while keeping an eye for MRs on waivers and switching them out with SPs.

ringing in my ears. Maybe could use another Hudson type on the staff and perhaps some more power. Ah well...

1. (8) Mark Teixeira
2. (21) José Reyes
3. (36) Ryan Zimmerman
4. (49) Adam Lind
5. (64) Curtis Granderson
6. (77) Andre Ethier
7. (92) Cole Hamels
8. (105) Carlos Quentin
9. (120) Francisco Rodríguez
10. (133) Matt Garza
11. (148) Brian Wilson
12. (161) Geovany Soto
13. (176) Kevin Slowey
14. (189) Billy Wagner
15. (204) Ervin Santana
16. (217) Johnny Cueto
17. (232) David Price
18. (245) Tim Hudson
19. (260) Kelly Johnson
20. (273) Octavio Dotel
21. (288) Hong-Chih Kuo
22. (301) Mat Latos
23. (316) Takashi Saito
24. (329) Homer Bailey

Post subject: Re: 14-team H2H just drafted...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:21 am 

Steve wrote:
14 teams, 6 x 6 (OBP and Holds the extras). Was doing it at the same time as an auction via Gmail chat with Hippo and Reyes was a bit of a panic pick, but hopefully it didn't ruin me completely. 3 x OF (LF, CF, RF in fact), no CI or MI, 8 bench spots (didn't draft any bench hitters).

Drafted with:

Quote:
@Steve: With that setup, I’d draft 2-3 closers, one MR and the rest SPs, while keeping an eye for MRs on waivers and switching them out with SPs.

ringing in my ears. Maybe could use another Hudson type on the staff and perhaps some more power. Ah well...

1. (8) Mark Teixeira
2. (21) José Reyes
3. (36) Ryan Zimmerman
4. (49) Adam Lind
6. (77) Andre Ethier
7. (92) Cole Hamels
8. (105) Carlos Quentin
10. (133) Matt Garza
11. (148) Brian Wilson
12. (161) Geovany Soto
13. (176) Kevin Slowey
14. (189) Billy Wagner
15. (204) Ervin Santana
16. (217) Johnny Cueto
17. (232) David Price
18. (245) Tim Hudson
19. (260) Kelly Johnson
20. (273) Octavio Dotel
21. (288) Hong-Chih Kuo
22. (301) Mat Latos
23. (316) Takashi Saito
24. (329) Homer Bailey

Wow, duel drafting? Impressive. Couldn't work the RCL in yesterday too? The end of your staff looks a little wonky, but this league is much deeper than the last team I looked at by you. So maybe it's depth perception. Reyes is a bit of a reach there, but it didn't seem to hurt your hitting. Nice hitting team. Your hitting makes the league look shallow. Guess no MI or CI will do that. Without Reyes your steals would be a problem, but that's true of most teams with Reyes. I worry slightly about your average, but it shouldn't be terrible.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:58 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
Steve wrote:

Drafted with:

Quote:

1. (8) Mark Teixeira
2. (21) José Reyes
3. (36) Ryan Zimmerman
4. (49) Adam Lind
6. (77) Andre Ethier
7. (92) Cole Hamels
8. (105) Carlos Quentin
10. (133) Matt Garza
11. (148) Brian Wilson
12. (161) Geovany Soto
13. (176) Kevin Slowey
14. (189) Billy Wagner
15. (204) Ervin Santana
16. (217) Johnny Cueto
17. (232) David Price
18. (245) Tim Hudson
19. (260) Kelly Johnson
20. (273) Octavio Dotel
21. (288) Hong-Chih Kuo
22. (301) Mat Latos
23. (316) Takashi Saito
24. (329) Homer Bailey

Wow, duel drafting? Impressive. Couldn't work the RCL in yesterday too? The end of your staff looks a little wonky, but this league is much deeper than the last team I looked at by you. So maybe it's depth perception. Reyes is a bit of a reach there, but it didn't seem to hurt your hitting. Nice hitting team. Your hitting makes the league look shallow. Guess no MI or CI will do that. Without Reyes your steals would be a problem, but that's true of most teams with Reyes. I worry slightly about your average, but it shouldn't be terrible.

I honestly didn't have a clue who to take at 21. Wright, Tulo and Kinsler (the logical choices) were all gone. Grady was there, but just wasn't feeling it somehow. I think was swung it was the (your) theory that it's better to cover a deep position and a shallow position than two deep positions (and Reyes can win you steals on his own some weeks). Throw in that I covered another shallow spot (3rd) with the next pick and got good value with the Lind and Grandy picks, and I was back on track. Yeah - I'm really happy with my hitting, having had a chance to take a look. I've looked at some of the other teams and they are pretty ragged. H2H is a fickle beast as we know, but I've given myself a chance to compete I think.

Pitching-wise, I targeted Hamels, Garza fell to me and then I just queued up a bunch of Razzball favourites.

In terms of shoring up the back end, would you perhaps drop Latos for Penny or Aaron Cook? There's not much left...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:00 pm 

I'd lose Bailey for Penny.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:03 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks - just noticed Marcum is there too. Not safe, obviously, but maybe instead of Latos?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:05 pm 

Sure, try him out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:59 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Guy in this league is a big Met fan, and is after Reyes, offering up A-Rod as part of a deal. He offered some nonsense deal that I spat on, but how about I go back with something like my Reyes and Zimm for A-Rod and BJ? Figure it's an upgrade at 3rd and would cover me a little in the speed department, even if I'm not totally stressing about steals in this league.

The Riot is on waivers.

14-teams, H2H, 6x6 with OBP and Holds the extra cats. Current starting lineup below.

Attachments:
roster_140410.GIF
roster_140410.GIF [ 9.67 KiB | Viewed 1021 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:02 pm 

I'd take A-Rod and BJ there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grey wrote:
I'd take A-Rod and BJ there.

Thanks Grey. Looks like this one is going to happen. Will leave me with Ethier, Grandy, Lind, CQ and BJ and only four spots in which to put them, however, so will need to work out another trade somehow.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:59 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I admit I'm not familiar w/ a 6x6 league. In my points-based league, B.J. Upton is the most overrated player on a year-to-year basis relative to draft position. Considering B.J. Upton's injury history, would you do Reyes and Zim for just ARod? I wouldn't. I would hang onto Reyes and Zim. ARod hasn't exactly been a model of good health either. Don't do it unless you've already found yourself shooting for the high risk/reward position this early in the season...meaning that another owner already has a major talent advantage that you don't think you can overcome.

Start one player at each position + utility, 4 SPs, 2 RPs. 8 reserves.

C: M. Montero
1B: Allen Craig
2B: Kinsler
3B: Longoria
SS: Segura
OF: Bautista, Holliday, Melky Cabrera
U: one of Pedroia, Blackmon, Dickerson or Carlos Beltran
SP: Wainwright, Iwakuma, Sonny Gray, Cobb
RP: Kimbrel, F. Rodney
Bench: Archer, Kennedy, Arrieta, McHugh