LOGIN

As a rule of thumb, I figure the best way to fully concentrate on writing these articles is to put on a god-awful dance movie in the background.  Unless you secretly like those movies and then I have to ask, what are you doing here?  Try it sometimes, it is the best way to become both smarter and less distracted.  I don’t have to give specifics, but anything that features dance and horrible soundtracks will suffice.  Ok, back to the lecture at hand, this is most certainly a 2 start thang.  I am personally liking the lower end options this week, lots of guys that are most likely available in most leagues of moderate size, and the match-ups seem just ripe for the fantasy pickings.  So do like Indiana Jones and choose, but choose wisely.  Because not all good things are shiny and expected. Good luck this week and happy fantasy ballin’.  (Please keep in mind pitchers and match-ups change.)

Lucas Harrell (@STL vs Wainwright, @NYM vs Hefner) It’s an unfortunate thing that he may be the only startable fantasy option in the apocalyptic wasteland known as Houston.  At least they have a plentiful supply of vitamin C.  I can’t make this up, but he hasn’t allowed more than 2 ER since July 14th, that’s 7 starts.

Mark Rogers (CHC vs Germano, @Pitt vs Karstens) Returns from the birth of his son, Buck.  No confirmation if Dr. Twiki was given free tickets to the game.  Against moderately talented teams he may be ok, so depending on your opinion of the Pirates, he may be worth an add.

Scott Feldman (Bal vs Gonzalez, Min vs Duensing) He goes thru stretches as if his name were Armstrong.  Look at the match-ups here, it is really all that needs to be looked at.  Ignore the fact that his name sounds like he should be doing your taxes.

Freddy Garcia (@CHW vs Floyd, @Cle vs Jimenez) It may sound funny, but Freddy is becoming an ever growing integral part of the Yankee real life playoff situation.  Pettitte is a question mark and gopherball Hughes is fantastic for a kid that has Aspergers. Better away from home and is coming off 3 straight wins, all while lowering his ERA by a run and half.

Mike Leake (@Phi vs Halladay, STL vs Garcia) He is the dollar store version of windex, you get all the same quality as a normal window cleaner but you have to deal with his streakiness.  Last start was outstanding, too bad this week’s expectations should be limited.

Cole DeVries (@Oak vs Straily, @Tex vs Holland)  Is the last call special this week.  Because if you’re drunk and really want some company but don’t care about the repercussions, you have found your man.

Joe Saunders (Mia vs Buerhle, SD vs Volquez) Normally you get decent quality when he has 2 starts, unfortunately he pitches better when he doesn’t sleep in his own bed. All things considered, the 2 teams he is facing are in the bottom rungs of the run scoring evolutionary ladder.

Will Smith (@TB vs Hellikson, @Bos vs Cook) Everyone remember when he and Carlton go to Vegas, lose all their money, and have to enter a dance contest as Will the Thrill and the Boogaloo Shrimp.  Well, if yes, then Tonto jump on it.  If no, you can stop reading now.  Just a heads up, his road ERA is under 4, at home, not so much.

Miguel Gonzalez (@Tex vs Feldman, Tor vs Romero) ERA under 2 for last 3 starts.  Baltimore is hanging on like a cute motivational kitten poster.  For some strange reason I am mysteriously a buyer on this week of his.

Justin Germano (@Mil vs Rogers, Col vs Chatwood) Name sounds like brother, if you were trying to say his name playing chubby bunny.  The allure of him being an out-of-nowhere starting option in really deep leagues has worn off.  Could still squeak out some value if you’re desperate for agita.