It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: My first Razzball team
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:10 pm 

Didn't know whether or not to be excited about having the first pick or not. Not knowing how the draft would go, I elected to stay flexible.

1. Emilio Bonifacio
24. Nick Punto
25. Tony Gwynn
48. Iwamura
49. Hochevar
72. Michael Brantley
73. Garrett Mock
96. Scott Olsen (obviously missed him getting sent down today)
97. Austin Jackson
120. Jeff Suppan
121. Rajai Davis
144. Fernando Tatis (was cursed at by another Razzer after this pick) 8-)
145. Chris Dickerson
168. JR. Towles
169. Craig Counsell
192. Brian Tallett
193. Farnsworth
216. Adam Rosales
217. Cristian Guzman
240. Porcello
241. Homer Bailey
264. Paulino
265. Alex Cora
288. Chris Young
289. Edgar Osuna (figure he'll have to start sometime soon)
312. Conor Jackson
313. Ian Desmond

Not sure what to think. I kept my hitters HRs very low, so that's good. I'm just not sure that they suck enough. You think my staff sucks enough, as is, to hold on to Osuna and Olsen until they get their own chances to suck?

Post subject: Re: My first Razzball team
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 pm 

Terrence Mann wrote:
Didn't know whether or not to be excited about having the first pick or not. Not knowing how the draft would go, I elected to stay flexible.

1. Emilio Bonifacio
24. Nick Punto
25. Tony Gwynn
48. Iwamura
49. Hochevar
72. Michael Brantley
73. Garrett Mock
96. Scott Olsen (obviously missed him getting sent down today)
97. Austin Jackson
120. Jeff Suppan
121. Rajai Davis
144. Fernando Tatis (was cursed at by another Razzer after this pick) 8-)
145. Chris Dickerson
168. JR. Towles
169. Craig Counsell
192. Brian Tallett
193. Farnsworth
216. Adam Rosales
217. Cristian Guzman
240. Porcello
241. Homer Bailey
264. Paulino
265. Alex Cora
288. Chris Young
289. Edgar Osuna (figure he'll have to start sometime soon)
312. Conor Jackson
313. Ian Desmond

Not sure what to think. I kept my hitters HRs very low, so that's good. I'm just not sure that they suck enough. You think my staff sucks enough, as is, to hold on to Osuna and Olsen until they get their own chances to suck?

Seeing Desmond there hurts me, but it might not be a bad sleeper pick. Porcello -- Ha! Suck it, mushroom! Nick Punto is so money money calls money Punto. Seriously, looks like a solid team, but this league is made in-season with picking up crappy guys as other crappy guys are removed from the lineup or rotation.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:42 pm 

Grey wrote:
Seeing Desmond there hurts me, but it might not be a bad sleeper pick. Porcello -- Ha! Suck it, mushroom! Nick Punto is so money money calls money Punto. Seriously, looks like a solid team, but this league is made in-season with picking up crappy guys as other crappy guys are removed from the lineup or rotation.

I have Desmond and Rajai on my "real" team. :lol:

I was looking at Desmond's minor league stats and he struck out quite a bit. Plus, I have a lot of utility guys and am kinda iffy on whether or not enough of my team will even get ABs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 pm 

Terrence Mann wrote:
I have Desmond and Rajai on my "real" team.

That's called fingercuffing. Check the glossary.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:07 pm 

Grey wrote:
Terrence Mann wrote:
I have Desmond and Rajai on my "real" team.

That's called fingercuffing. Check the glossary.

Of course.

As far as the Porcello pick goes, I got caught at the end of a run of pitchers and knew I had to get more starters with good chances of getting shelled often. Everyone I had ranked in the vicinity was injured or got sent to AAA (The Rze and some other potential studs). It was kind of a panic pick (so was Bailey).

I really wish I could do the draft over after seeing how one breaks down in anatomy, Grey.

I'll just have to stay on top of this team (couple of killer teams in my league) and do it again next year.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 am 

Grey wrote:
Seriously, looks like a solid team, but this league is made in-season with picking up crappy guys as other crappy guys are removed from the lineup or rotation.

I see what you mean. I've had to make a lot of moves. Tallet, Suppan, Dickerson, Brantley, Mock....those guys were my studs!

Here's my current team (Legend of Biancalana)

Towles
DeRosa (waiting for him to regain some power when I'll cut him)
Getz
Scutaro
Delwyn Young (3B elig)
Counsell
Iwamura
Fred Lewis
Podsednik
Gwynn
Austin Jackson
Parra
Guzman

Bench this week
Punto
Desmond
Conor Jackson (DL)

Staff
Homer Bailey
Harang
Porcello
Esmil Rogers
Lohse (for the Halladay start)
Kawakami
Jurjens
Hoffman
Paulino

Bench this week
Hochevar
Scott Olsen
Feldman

I'm not thrilled with my staff right now. Added Hoffman because I'm about 35 innings over where I should be. I've managed to keep my HRs pretty low but I'm watching DeRosa and Scutaro closely. I'm planning on dropping (or at least benching) them at the first sign of a hot streak.

All the work I've done on this team and I'm still only in fifth place in my league! Where would you look to downgrade this team, Grey?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 am 

I have Pods and he's been killing me, but he's starting to cool off (heat up?) so that's fine. But if you see your guys hitting (Jackson, for instance) I'd bench them for a guy who might only start a day or two. Fred Lewis isn't great, so that's good. You can look at other teams I think, so you can see my team if you like:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/300404/11

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 am 

Grey wrote:
I have Pods and he's been killing me, but he's starting to cool off (heat up?) so that's fine. But if you see your guys hitting (Jackson, for instance) I'd bench them for a guy who might only start a day or two. Fred Lewis isn't great, so that's good. You can look at other teams I think, so you can see my team if you like:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/300404/11

I have faith that Pods will have good razz numbers by the end of the season. Now that Getz is back and batting 9th, that should help. Take a look at the Royals schedule for May, though. Cleveland twice and Texas twice. Ouch. Also, doesn't help that pitching in the Central is awful.

I'm not too worried about Austin Jackson. His 2/5 and 3/5 days aren't really hurting too bad because Laird and the rest of the crap lineup at the end of the order can't get on base. Jackson should have 300+ points by the end of the season, easy.

I've really started to take weekly matchups into consideration. Would have benched Pods this week, but I don't have any other outfield options. Benched Hochevar and Feldman because of their so-so matchups.

Good preseason calls on Manzella and Stubbs. I figured SS would be deep so I let Manzella go. Should have listened.

You posted in my PTSD thread that you had Counsell. You must have let him go. Although I'm not thrilled with him batting in front of Fielder and Braun, he's been sucking nicely. When Weeks gets hurt, he'll surely be the first in line to start at 2B.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 am 

Yeah, had to lose Counsell when I was hit with Disgraceful List guys.